Pages

Followers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Creative Exchange

Linking with Lisa for this week's Creative Exchange.  Thank you Lisa. 








 
 
 I consider myself very lucky.  I live 2 miles from the beach.  While as a realtor I might say it's a "short bike ride to the beach" the reality is I jump in my car, throw the dog in the back and I'm there in 5 minutes.
 
From mid-September through the 1st week or so of June-it feels often like an oasis.  It is a private beach but it may be respectfully used-so I might see a few other faces, but sometimes it's just me and my girl.
 
Morning Walk
Morning Walk
 
Come summer I bitch and moan-the tourists flock, take up all the parking, and the "no dogs" sign goes up.  I get it, but I feel like an off-season caretaker who doesn't get to enjoy the "estate" come nice weather.  I'll admit there's a brief window of time you can use a small section after 5 p.m. And sometimes I sneak on really early on a foggy morn.
 
Heartless
Heartless
 
Funny-there's very little trash on the beach off-season, yet plenty of litter from use in summer. Maybe the sign should read "no people".
 
 
The other morning it was 4 degrees (-15 C) with a strong wind.  There was plenty of parking.
Perhaps I need to re-think that term "oasis" and select tundra or something. 

Not only is the beach delightful, the road that leads to it is lined with trees-I take photos there often.  I can't help it...no matter the season or time of day.
 
Road Shadows {6/52}
Road Shadows {6/52}
 

Aligned
Aligned
 
As I said,  I'm lucky to have this muse and my urge to take photographs here seems endless....
.....and it's "just a short bike ride away".
 
Sky High
Sky High
 
 
Thanks for stoping by and for taking a trip to the chilly off-season beach with me.
Have a great week.
 

13 comments:

Leanne said...

You are lucky! Love that last shot.

seabluelee said...

I scrolled through these, reading your words and thinking of each one, "Wow, I really like this one." First I picked the mourning dove on the sign as my favorite. Then I saw the tree shadows on the road and that was my favorite. Then I got to Sky High...well, you get the idea. Great post, great pics!

Linda said...

Like seabluelee, I can't choose a favorite! Very nice series of photos - glad you get to enjoy it!

lisa said...

You are so lucky to have this beach to yourself for a bit during the year, Susan. I think a deserted beach is a most wonderful place.

Fantastic series of images, and I thank you so much for sharing them with us at The Creative Exchange today.

Have a wonderful evening!

lisa.

augcott said...

Wonderful shots!
I absolutely love the beach ... especially on a cloudy day!
:-D

Reena Walkling said...

Such a beautiful place to spend time!

Anita Johnson said...

Look like a slice of heaven to me...we are going to Florida next month...I can almost feel the sand (snow here) between my toes!

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

I'm so jealous you live so close to the beach. Beautiful pics, it's always so peaceful off season.

Brenda said...

And I love that I can vicariously experience the beach and the ocean through your eyes from my land-locked chair here in Ohio! Lucky you are to have it in your life, even with those pesky tourists descending in the summertime. Love Sky High and that feeling of grand openness. And of course, the tree shadows on that curving road.

Jamie said...

How lucky are you - what an amazing place to call home (except for when you are overrun by tourists!)

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

A lovely spot to sneak into. :)

Love the photo of your dog -- but I'm kinda partial to dogs.

Jess said...

Oh how amazing! It's gorgeous, and I can see why you love that tree lined path in. But I agree, people can be really dumb. Maybe there should be a "no people" zone too.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

You are lucky :)
Beautiful photos.

Regards and best wishes