Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Scavenging 'Round

It's Sunday!  Linking with Ashley (the wonderful and delightful) for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Yay.  If you don't scavenger, you should.  Check it out!







This week's list: Love, Duplicated, Trend/Trending, Paper, Plastic




Valentine Dreams
Valentine Dreams
Love:  I mean, c'mon.  Hearts. Right?  I used this image to make a valentine for my parents.  They "loved" it.  Having Kim Klassen's dream texture didn't hurt either.  I LOVE that one.

Duplicate
Duplicate
Duplicated:  I bet there are 100 ways to interpret this one.  I saw this gorgeous late day sky...snapped a shot, and then saw the sky reflected (duplicated) on the sun roof of my car....and snapped another one.  Diptych.  Duplicated.  Works for me.

Waitress With A Tat {sh 42}
Waitress with a Tat
Trend:  I am soooooo trendy.  NOT!!  I think tattoos are pretty trendy.  At least I see lots of them around and people getting them.  There ain't no way in hell I'm going to get one.  That's like asking for pain.  No thanks.  I'm good.  My breakfast waitress was happy to help me out though.

Check Please
Check Please
Paper:  Yes, and she brought me this when I finished my fantastic breakfast.

Empty Promises
Empty Promises
Plastic:  This cart looked so desolate outside an apartment complex in not so much the best part of town, shall we say.  Remember when these were made almost entirely of metal?  Mostly plastic now.  I guess that's a stretch, but it's what I've got.  I'm not in to shooting things that are plastic I guess.  Hardly any showed up in my images.  I think that's a good thing.  Kinda like organic.


Have a wonderful rest of your weekend....and many thanks for taking a peek at my quirky images.

22 comments:

Nicki said...

Well done on this week's hunt. I like your 'love' shot with the Kim Klassen's texture - very nice! My favorites are the tat and lunch bill. I remember when tattoos started to make a comeback when my children were very little and I thought "boy, I hope this trend goes out by the time they get older". It seems like it has only gotten more popular with body/sleeve art. Fortunately neither of my children are willing to endure the pain. Thankfully!

SarahinSC said...

Your love shot is phenomenal! I love your love shot!

Kathy said...

Well, your first shot went straight to this Bokeh Bimbo's heart :)

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Tattoo's don't hurt, but you need to think carefully about the art - is it something you are going to like in 20 years?

Nice collection, the hearts are great.

Tamar SB said...

These look great, Susan! Love the paper check - don't see those too often!

Linda said...

Great interpretation - and I say, if you don't have imagination to stretch, well, then, you are missing out!

MG Atwood said...

Great interpretations this week. Your first shot is money!!! Love love love it!

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Your duplicate image is very creative, and I think it's my favorite from this series.

Bek said...

What a great set! Yes, tattoos are definitely trendy nowadays. Love the paper check - so rare to see anymore, at least in the US.

Brenda said...

Susan - all very clever and imaginative and yes, quirky, interpretations of this week's prompts. I can understand why your parents LOVED the valentine shot - fabulous bokeh making lovely hearts. And your duplicate diptych - that's what I call using your noggin'

Brooke said...

You bokeh hearts are amazing. And something about your paper shot just grabs me!! Great stuff.... As always!!

Saun said...

Awesome! I thought about tattoos too. But I had already posted my ink last summer. It wasn't too painful mine is on my foot.

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Love all of these, very cool.

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful set - love those bokeh hearts. gorgeous.

Susan said...

Love your hearts, they're perfect! I'm not an ink girl myself either, but how cool your waitress obliged you for a shot! Have a great week!

Serline said...

Tattoo designs are so popular here in Bangkok. I always look at it and wonder how this design was symbolize and the meaning behind it. Have a great week!

kkkkaty said...

I have to go with the sky photos being the best...very creative..

Wendy said...

Great set of pictures...super in love with your first one! Love the cute story about your waitress and the check!

BF said...

I love the bokeh in your first shot, so pretty! And I really like your duplicated shots with the sky. Nice interpretation!

Nancy Claeys said...

Funny how your shots are from out and about and mine were all about staying at home. Gah! Okay, I'm a homebody. What can I say? :)

Love every one of these, Susan. Each has it's own story.

Buckeroomama said...

That LOVE shot is so beautiful!