Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Scavenging 'Round

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Yay!  Love it!  I really don't know how my addiction to this happened, but it just did.  Press on thru; you may become addicted too.







This week's list: Crossed, A Glimpse, Handwritten, Bliss, and Gray



Snow Fence at Dusk
Snow Fence at Dusk

Crossed:  All the old washed up scraps of lobstermen's lines have been criss-crossed and woven at the end of this snow fence near the dunes.  This view sucks me in....I've taken it at least 4 different times in the last week or so.

Twenty-Five Cents
Twenty-Five Cents

A Glimpse:  These bubble gum machines are kind of a glimpse to the past.  Well, maybe to my past.  The deliciousness level of this kind of gum greatly reduces as the wisdom of the teen years arrives.

Fat Chicks
Fat Chicks

Handwritten:  I suppose something sweet and dainty with curvy letters and words of wisdom would have been a better choice here.  Oh well.  Some things just make me wonder why...like who HAD to write this?

Skipping Lunch
Skipping Lunch

Bliss:  Such a day!  Is not skipping lunch for a quick beach walk a blissful thing?  I can eat a sandwich at my desk and multi-task. 


Heavy Metal BW
Heavy Metal

Gray:  I love me my RR tracks, trains, and graffiti.  They all seem to go hand in hand.


Thank you for visiting "the Ears" for today's Scavenger images.  I hope you have a wonderful day.  Try skipping lunch today and doing something fun in a beautiful place instead.

25 comments:

kbreints said...

I love the processing on all of these-- your handwritten one made my laugh though! What a shot!

MG Atwood said...

gorgeous set. Love them all. The first one is perfection! Have a wonderful week.

Kay L. Davies said...

Great choices, Susan. "Fat Chicks" made me laugh and laugh. I also love trains and their tracks. Somehow more adventurous (to me) than airports.
K

georgia b. said...

haha... no way. your handwritten choice is far better than any dainty note. way more original... and such a find! LOVE it! {came here via the link-up}

Katie said...

These are all such great shots! I guarantee that no one else will have the same unique 'handwritten' shot!! :)

Tamar SB said...

These are all so great - love the candy machine - i remember those from the market when I was little, I always wanted so get some candy but was never allowed!

seabluelee said...

Ha ha -- I love fat chicks, too. Well, your photo of it, anyway. And skipping lunch? Pure soul food.

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Try as I might, I can't choose a favorite. These are all great images. Well done, my friend.

becomingmyideal said...

I will agree with the others that your handwritten shot is hilarious. I also liked your glimpse shot...and you are correct that age brings wisdom on the taste of that gum. Great pictures!

Leanne said...

Love your shot of the fence, such beautiful light, love the fat chicks photo too.

Shay said...

WOW! I am LOVIN that fence shot, just beautiful!
And the 'fat chicks' MADE MY DAY!

Kathy said...

So, do you think a poultry farmer wrote those sentiments? haha. Love it!

Linda said...

I think Kathy may be on to something...a poultry farmer! These were great...and the handwritten note made me laugh!

Nadege, said...

A wonderful collection...love the 'Heavy Metal' and 'Fat Chicks' shots.

Tezzie said...

Ooohhh...the stunning beauty of your 'crossed'! Loving the 'fat chicks' photo, for its humour, but also for the fabulous composition, contrast colours, and leading lines. Fabulous! Your 'bliss' is, indeed, blissful, and I love RR tracks, too...we just don't have any close by us, so I don't get to take pix of them often enough :) Have a happy week <3

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I really like the last one although the gumballs and fence are pretty great too.

Ashley Sisk said...

That fat chicks photo makes me laugh...and I love your crossed shot.

Rebecca said...

Fat Chicks is pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

Amanda M. said...

Great photos!

Brooke said...

Good call on skipping lunch! You caught a great shot there. I love your crossed one too. You find the most amazing light!!! Fat chicks, that one is classic!
Well done (ALWAYS!)
See you next week. I'm hooked too.

Brenda said...

Susan - you have established yourself as a master scavenger - always finding unique and creative ways to interpret the prompts, showing us the beautiful and the quirky in your part of the world. Lunch at your desk is definitely over-rated - especially when you capture shots such as this one. I guess "Heavy Metal" counts as a selfie too?

Cathy H. said...

I love the unusual intrpretations to the prompts!! I think my favorite is the crossed! Beautiful scene!

Cathy H. said...

I love the unusual intrpretations to the prompts!! I think my favorite is the crossed! Beautiful scene!

Susan said...

Creative interpretations. Love the "fat chicks" on the wall it does make you wonder. Have a great week!