Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sleep Deprived Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.... a personal ritual of fun indulgence.  Thank you Ashley. 





My set today feels kind of blah.  You all leave such kind comments, perhaps you'll think otherwise....but I'm confessing to feeling a smidge off my game. 

Going in for my third cup o' coffee to shake the cobwebs out of the brain this morning.  I need more than 1 day off in a row.  If I post something that makes no sense, don't blame it on Rio, blame it on needing more zzzzzzzs.  That couch to my right-I believe, despite what my cat thinks, has MY name written all over it.


This week's topics: Strike a Pose, Footwear, Hobby, Shiny, Color Me Green


Morning BW
Morning
Strike a Pose:  I am participating in Urban Muser's {in the picture} year long selfie thing.  It was pretty cold, yet sunny (yay) one morning when I thought sun, warm breath, cold air....might be a fun combo and fodder for selfie moment too.

Skates
Skates
Footwear:  My brother.  Note the wool pants.  That's the grown-up version of snow pants.

Colors
Colors
Hobby:  Yawn.  You know what?  Aside from photography, I'm not really a hobby girl.  No cooking, sewing, crafting, drawing, scrapbooking, needlepoint, collecting stamps, etc. etc.  I've got some markers.  Woot!

Oil and Water
Oil and Water
Shiny:  Now I KNOW everyone else is going to have this same exact subject for shiny (ya, right).  Que es?  Stopped to take a picture of a big construction vehicle with a snow removal bucket on it.  This is like a hydraulic slider thing and cog wheel-you know for moving the bucket forward and back.  Sometimes I think I'm from the planet Mars or something.

The Green Chair
The Green Chair
The Color Green:  Lone chair at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts....in the gift shop.  Brilliant art everywhere....I take a pic of a chair in the gift shop.  Whatever.


Thanks for swirling through my Scavenger this week.  Hope you have a great day.  I am in New England, so I'm at the obligatory "Go Pats!"







23 comments:

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Welcome to Mars, I love, love, love that shot! The contrasts of the shiny and rusty, oil and water, blue and red. You got it all going on!

It's the funky time of year. I find myself getting immersed in macro because I can stay in the comfort of home (just call me the lazy ass from Mars).

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great snapshots! Love pretty markers and the green chair is pretty. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Ashley Sisk said...

Love what you did with shiny - very interesting.

Kathy said...

Get some zzzzz's and feel better my friend :). Love that selfie and how the sun is hitting your face.

Kathy

smiles, Sharon said...

Ah, love that oil and water and all the rust or peeling orange paint. So abstract. Looking closely I can see the really cool reflections on the cylinder!! Ice skates edged with dirty ice...reminds me of all the times I fell on my bottom in the slush!!! Those things are dang slippery.
Great shots. I participated for the first time today.
I don't think I worked hard enough to the pictures.
Oh well. smiles: sharon

Anesha said...

Your shiny shot is stunning. :)

Linda said...

You might be from Mars - who cares! I love your photography and your sense of humor. I actually laughed out loud twice...the green chair photo and comment, and the markers. You are a hoot! And a very good photographer! Happy day...

Carol Blackburn said...

Welcome to planet funk....it's where I go occasionally when I get upset with myself over screwing up too many times. I was like that on Saturday. What I do to feel better is cut my hair (yes myself). I lobbed of 5 inches of the grey stuff making it shoulder length now. Do I feel better, yup! I don't know why it works but it does. Sad part is hubby didn't even notice for over 24 hrs. Opps, guess the 15 yr. honeymoon is O-V-E-R...LOL Now go out and shoot something, Susan. Your shots are wonderful!

MG Atwood said...

You and I are in the same frame of mind. I love your shiny shot...green is lovely as well. Have a happy week.

Linda R said...

I do believe you are being way to hard on yourself.. Your selfie photo is awesome!! So real.. I love it!

Angie said...

Great set this week! Loved your green chair! LOL... Very funny! :)

Patti said...

LOVE the markers - you can always find something fun to do with those!
Your selfie is great too --- those are such hard shots to take, aren't they?
For being in a slump - you did a great job!

Sherri B. said...

I thought your photos were awesome...and your sense of humor shines through your slump. :)

Tezzie said...

haha!! You crack me up...I'd totally take a pic of oily machinery and the gift shop chair, too, if they were awesome like that. I prefer to call it a 'gift' in finding beauty in the oddest places...rather than admitting I'm most likely from Mars ;) I LOVE your selfie...sure looks like a cold, yet beautiful moment! Fab photos...however critical you are of them, yourself ;) Hope you get some proper rest, my friend!

James said...

The oil and water is my favorite. The color and lighting is awesome!

seabluelee said...

Susan, you're so funny. I especially liked the technical description of Shiny - your "hydraulic slider thing" cracked me up. As did your markers. And I'm sure the folks in that gift shop were very pleased that you noticed their carefully selected, avant-garde green chair. Now, go take a nice nap so you can stay awake through the game!

Michelle Renee said...

I know the cobweb feeling well today. I like what you did...especially with your self portrait.

Becky said...

Great set of shots!! I love the ones of you "blowing some steam" and of your brothers skates -nothing like a good pair of wool pants! Wish I was brave enough to try skating without a walker.

Valeria said...

Love your composition on shine.

Saun said...

I do love your shiny awesome job ! Have a great week :)

Brenda said...

They say that oil and water don't mix - maybe not, but they sure make for one wonderful shiny photograph. Understand the "blah" - been suffering a bit myself. Hang in there, friend! Keep picking up the camera and this too shall pass.

Brooke said...

Awww. I find it funny that your so-called blah set blows mine out of the water. You are too hard on yourself. These are great shots.
I love your pose shot.... it looks COLD there. And your weird cog-shiny-rusty-thing is WOW. Something about it is very captivating. And the light is PERFECT!

Kimberley said...

Wow what a great set! I LOVE the shiny shot! Thank you for sharing! And if this is an example of "off your game" I can't wait to see some pics when you are on! lol

Kimberley