Pages

Followers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tracking the Creative Exchange








Linking with lovely Lisa for this week's Creative Exchange.  Always appreciate this forum to share images and thoughts from the heart.


Just wanted to say a special thanks to all those who made such lovely comments last week on my post about my visit to my grandmother's house.  I learned by sharing what's dear to me, many others were reminded of a special grandparent or memory as well.


This week, I'm doing a 180 and making tracks.

Down at the Station {8/52}
Down at the Station {8/52}


I don't know that I understand the allure.....but it's there.  It's kind of grungy and greasy and a little daring at times-on the edge of places that don't feel entirely safe.  It's creeping around with one eye in the viewfinder and one eye doing double duty in a peripheral way.  It's empty parking lots early in the morning, and climbing over bankings and past brambles.  But it's most always rewarded.....and sometimes wonderfully surprising.


The Early Train
The Early Train

Old Bridge in the Morning {8/52}
Old Bridge in the Morning

King
King

Old Water Tower BW
Old Water Tower

Shape of my Heart {8/52}
Shape of my Heart {8/52}

Who would guess such a pretty heart would be mid-span on an abandoned RR bridge?  Hate to say it, but a few feet from this someone had spraypainted "Happiness is a Warm Gun"....it's all in where you look.


Have a great week, and don't forget about that eye on the back of your head.  It comes in handy.




14 comments:

Linda said...

Very interesting set of shots, Susan! I agree...when you are going where you went to get those photos, you have to be always looking. Take care and keep snapping those awesome shots!

lisa said...

I have a real "thing" for trains Susan, and I absolutely love this series of photographs! Now just how perfect is that heart??? So nicely seen and captured. You really do have a fantastic eye.

Thank you so very much for sharing with us this week at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful evening!

lisa. xo

gina said...

This is a great series on tracks -- the bridge image is my fave! The water tower is lovely too. You reminded me of when I used to play on the tracks with my girl friends, and wait for the trains to come by. We'd jump to the side, and then wave to the people. Crazy, but my parents had no idea what we were up to...

Nadege, said...

Hard to pick a favorite from this wonderful set...the early train catches my eye.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Old Bridge is a wonder perspective! Another excellent series, you know how much I love gritty industrial places.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Excellent photographs.

Regards and best wishes

Carol Blackburn said...

Awesome shots, Susan. Do you ever enter any of your photos in art contests? Because you really should.

Tamar SB said...

Great minds think alike, Susan! I too posted about train tracks/stations! Love the one with the engine approaching!

Vita Stunder said...

Awesome series!

Brenda said...

Living life dangerously! How very daring of you. Love all the railroad shots but my favorites are the grafitti and the "Old Water Tower" - which is wonderful in black and white.

Pat said...

Great photos! the Old Bridge shot is just fantastic!

seabluelee said...

Susan, you have such a great eye. These are all so good! Such varied moods, too, but all connected by your tracks. Love 'em!

Becky said...

Love the shots of the tracks - there's a motion to them. Makes me want to hop on a train and see where it takes me!

Gilly said...

Love, love, love that last shot; the cuteness of the heart with all its symbolism against the gritty, rusty background creates a lovely tension and contradiction. Really nicely composed, as well.

And I think life in general is all about where you choose to look, not just photography.