Pages

Followers

Friday, February 10, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Linking with the seriously talented James.  The man who is at "fault" for getting me into reflections.  Pop by Weekend Reflections-just don't be surprised if you get ensnared like I did.  Thanks James...I owe you; big time.


A couple or three weeks ago I went with a few friends to Museum of Fine Arts in Boston to see a Degas exhibit.

La Toilette
La Toilette

The art was....um, well, I kind of liked it....but there sure were a lot of paintings on one theme surrounding women getting in or out of the tub.  This image of the woman at the washbasin was my favorite-probably because there was no "bath" involved.

BUT
Then it was time for lunch!!

New American Cafe
New American Cafe

In this space with floor to ceiling windows on 2 sides....we had to wait for about a half hour for a table. 
Aw Shucks!
Do you suppose this reflection hunting photog was a super happy camper?  Oh yah. 
I totally forgot about "woman in bath" x 25 different views.

Light and Shadow
Light and Shadow

Wall and Sky
Wall and Sky


Jealous yet?



Chihuly Reflections
Chihuly Reflections


Chihuly
Chihuly
There was even reflecting sculpture.

Old World Reflections
Old World Reflections


And yes, we did get a nice table where I continued to take snaps in a passionate kind of obnoxious sort of way.


Water Please
Water Please


In Lieu of Wine
In Lieu of Wine


With Sugar
With Sugar


Thanks for appreciating my art-really only reflection hunters would understand what a gold mine this was.  Thanks for getting it.  Have a great weekend.

17 comments:

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Did you put your camera down so that you could eat? ;)

Great shots, Susan. Looks like a reflection-hunter's paradise.

Sylvia K said...

A reflection-hunter's paradise indeed! What a great place! Marvelous captures for the day! Degas did rather enjoy getting women bathed, but he does have some great work, too! But regardless of that, your reflections for the day are really terrific! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Carol Blackburn said...

Gee, I always linked Degas to ballerinas......hmmm, maybe those are his ballerinas bathing. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Kathy said...

Oh wow...these are breath taking. Love the shadows, reflections and geometry of theses. I really like Degas, and ya gotta love a clean muse :).

Kathy

Deborah L. Tisch said...

I may not be a reflection hunter like you, but I sure do like these images! And you have me looking for reflections now...in all kinds of places. Beautiful work!

Linda said...

You managed a fabulous collection of reflections...I think that is a good name for something...anyway, loved the work you did! Hope you took time to eat!

shirley said...

Love all of the reflections - looks like it was a great day. Jealous, not just of the beautiful reflections, but because you were in Boston!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

You were in the groove alright. I think you saved the best for last.

Nadege, said...

Magnificent reflections...the one in the spoon, wow, well spotted.

Regina said...

Great captures and reflections!
Happy weekend.

Regina

serranos in NZ said...

love the sugar/spoon! always used to play with the conves/concave reflections in spoons-fun!

seabluelee said...

With Sugar...that tiny detail is my favorite of all those gorgeous reflection shots.

Brenda said...

Yes, I'm jealous! In reflection heaven, you were. All great shots but my favorites are the close-ups of the table and its wares. The spoon is particularly amazing. And yes, I understand completely.

Ms. Becky said...

oh I like each and every one. but I have faves - the water glass, the water bottle. the loftiness of light and shadow. the perspective of wall and sky. but my fave of the faves is Chihuly Reflections. happy weekend to you my friend. snow kept me in town. :)

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very good and nice photos.

Regards and best wishes

James said...

Wonderful shots! It's hard to pick favorites but the glass and the spoon are my favs. :) I would love to go to that museum someday.

Genie said...

The green sculpture and the spoon have to be my favorites. Boy, were you a photographer on a mission. You really caught LOTS of reflections.I am impressed. Hope you find some more this week to share with us. genie