Pages

Followers

Friday, February 17, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Linking with maestro James for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Yay.


Off Center
Off Center
I'm a sucker for a big plate glass window....and me.

Shaped Turquoise
Shaped Turquoise
Last week I shared (too many) images from my trip to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.
Here's one I didn't share-a very cool sculpture of glass shapes and mirrors.  It was huge- like 10' x 10' and stood at least 4' high.  This is just a smidge to make you drool.

Red Sox Fan
Red Sox Fan
From an early morning shoot a couple weeks back.  He had NO clue I was taking his photo.  He thought I was some weirdo taking a pic of the side of  a building.  Hee, hee, hee.

Water and Ice
Water and Ice
Thanks be to God this has thus far been a mild winter.  Give me another 3-4 weeks and I'm going to start to look towards spring.  The ice hasn't had much time to get established before it melts again.  I'm good with that. 
Old mills along the Saco River.

Ice Below
Ice Below
And in the opposite direction....walking home over the bridge.  Only reflection addicts can wrap their brains around this one.

Thanks for stopping for a peek at my reflections.  I'm trying desperately hard to hang on to 3 days off in a row.  I need them.  Imagine me with my feet up relaxing....that may help.
Have a good weekend.

25 comments:

Nefertiti said...

j aime beaucoups la deuxieme,bravo ;o)

Carol Blackburn said...

Oh enjoy your 3 days off and get more of these fabulous shots, or just relax and pamper yourself.

Sylvia K said...

Terrific captures for the day and such great reflections!! I do hope you have a great three days off!! Enjoy and make the most of them -- camera in hand, of course!!

Sylvia

seabluelee said...

Nice reflections! I used to live in your Water and Ice building and took an awful lot of pictures of that river in various icy conditions. I really like the sense of calm in your image. Now, turn off the phone and the computer and don't answer the door! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

Cathy H. said...

Beautiful reflections!! Each one so different, yet so intriquing!! Love the glass shot, so cool to look at all the reflections!!

lisa said...

I always love seeing your reflections Susan, and that first shot is amazing!!

Deborah L. Tisch said...

These reflections are all fabulous, but that second one is totally amazing! Love the colors of the glass and the light captured. You rock when it comes to reflection images!

Scrappy Grams said...

I'll say it again...love your reflection shots! I NEVER get tired of them. Rest is good...just do it! :D

Ebie said...

Wow! I could see the the very fine lines reflected in those shaped glass!

Enjoy your long weekend!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Number one is the one that made my heart go pitty pat.

Doru said...

Never get tired of reflection, indeed!
Thank you!

NatureFootstep said...

my favourite? The bottles. :)

Nadege, said...

Wow, the glass bottles and the reflections...amazing.
I love Water and Ice as well.

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

Lovely moody reflections! Thank heavens for having eyes that, for me, makeup a lot for not hearing!
My very expensive aids are not helping - what's new
on that front, I wonder? What I need is 3 days free, just to blog!

Nancy Claeys said...

The old glass bottles? Oh yeah! Love 'em! Spectacular photos, Susan. :)

Brenda said...

Oh, yes - I am completely intrigued (and drooling over my keyboard) by the glass sculpture. Since we collect art glass and our living room is done in turquoise, I want this for my living room please. If not the whole thing, then perhaps just a tiny portion? My son may be doing his internship in Boston this summer - I see a trip in the not-too-distant future. Enjoy that long and well-deserved weekend!

PS - love all your other reflection shots!

Ms. Becky said...

ooh la la, love that last reflection shot. and the glass bottles. and Red Sox Fan. my fave is Off Center and you know why. happy weekend my friend. hope the houses are closed.

Anita Johnson said...

Yes, i love that last reflection shot too! And I am so OK with our mild winter, saw several robins, maybe this isn't too good to be true!

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

That glass bottles shot is just gorgeous.

LeAnne said...

All lovely shots, but I must admit, I do love the bottles. :)

Sweepy said...

That looks cold! Woof!
Are your toes frozen?

James said...

Awesome reflections Susan! I was going to try to pick a favorite but it changed several times. :)

Ross said...

These reflections are great! These is no favorite in these because I like them all. Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

I don't seem to remember too many photos from the Museum!? As usual, your photos are inspiring! I LOVE the one loking over the bridge!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful reflections and photos.

Regards and best wishes