Pages

Followers

Friday, February 24, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James for this week's Weekend Reflections


The Tree {7/52}
The Tree

I've captured this tree MANY times.  It stands alone beside a large house on a point of land overlooking the sea.  It's like a magnet for me and my camera.

Dinghy
Dinghy

Tied to a working wharf at low tide as the light was getting sweet.  This little lobsterman's skiff became my muse.


Arch Upon Arch
Arch Upon Arch

There's a little window of time at the local library when the setting sun hits the building.  You have to be quick; the show doesn't last long. I love the old architecture and the light arched inside in the reading/study room.


Church and Tree
Church and Tree

Around the other side branches and, glowing off in the distance, a church steeple.


Reach
Reach

And just because I'm sort of a clown....I'll share this silly shot that has nothing to do with reflections, but it's legit, just to show you the wonderful light.  That's a good excuse isn't it?

Have a wonderful reflective weekend.


17 comments:

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I love those arched windows and the muted reflection of the tree is just wonderful.

Johnny Nutcase said...

i'm liking that dinghy! Looks like it's got a of character!

Riet said...

I love hem all they are all great in reflections

James said...

You always seem to have the most amazing light. That's one of the reasons your photos look so nice. This post is no exception. The top photo looks very familiar to me. I think there is a similar view around here. Have a great weekend!

Tezzie said...

Wow...that light is truly gorgeous! That last shot is fabulous...but my fave's gotta be the one with the glowing steeple reflecting in its very own window. Lovely!

And, thank you so very much for your kind and supportive words at my place...you warm my heart <3

Carol Blackburn said...

Have a great weekend Susan, I will be working....yuk!

Doru said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! Thank you!

Pat Tillett said...

They are all very very nice! Great light!

lisa said...

Always love your reflections Susan.
I especially love the first one here.

Sylvia K said...

What fun, wonderful reflections for the day, Susan! Such a delightful variety! And definitely GREAT light! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Sylvia

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Gorgeous pics, I love the church and tree reflected in the window and the last image made me smile. Have a great weekend.

Catherine said...

Great sequence - especially the first...

Kay L. Davies said...

Gorgeous photos, Susan, and I can understand why you simply had to add the last one, because that warm light is just wonderful.
I couldn't pick out a favorite today. I love trees and dinghies and libraries and steeples...and I always love to visit your blog.
K

Linda said...

Beautiful shots - loved the reflection of the church in the window...but I loved all of them.

Scrappy Grams said...

Susan, your shots speak to me! Love them.
have a restful weekend...

Sar@h said...

I like this tree, too and the sand's reflexion.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice shots.

Regards and best wishes