Pages

Followers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Eyes of March

Linking with Project 52....running a bit late on this one.  This (last) week's topic: "Eyes" of March.

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com


Also linking with Mural Monday....please overlook that it's Tuesday; it's going to be that kind of week.

Hello
Hello

I love street art and graffiti-knowing it's not right to deface (pardon the pun), but liking it anyway.  This face seems likable...what can I say?

Jump Rope
Jump Rope

Here is more genuine street art...hadn't noticed this one before.  Very intense as she's surrounded by bees.  They must be "buzzing her off".  I like this piece but it is a little dark.  Perhaps these are "the eyes/ides of March" right here.

Thanks for you visit.  I better get going before it's Wednesday and I haven't finished my Tuesday thoughts yet.

14 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

WOW, Jump Rope is pretty freaky if you ask me. Where did you find this. I'd bee careful about hanging around that house. Great shots though. Freaky!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Both are great! Somehow defacing a No Parking sign doesn't seem so bad.

Susan said...

Great finds. That second shot is rather dark.

seabluelee said...

Wow. Those two examples of "street art" could hardly be more different. I like that whimsical No Parking face. I can't help thinking that if someone was serious about banning parking, they'd have kept their sign in better shape.
Jump Rope Girl is not a happy child. I'll bet that if those bees came after her, she'd whip them right out of the air with her rope! I wonder who put the X across her face?

Oakland Daily Photo said...

She looks like a kid who could be in a Twilight Zone episode. Don't tick her off or she'll make you disappear. Too bad it's not signed. I like this kind of street art a lot. Thanks, Susan, for participating in this week's Monday Mural, even on a Tuesday.

Leanne said...

I quite like your skipping girl, maybe it's not dark at all, i think she might just be concentrating on that skipping.

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

That face made me giggle.

Tamar SB said...

Those are awesome! Love the street art!!

Nancy Claeys said...

Love the second one. I guess some people just have to express themselves on public property. :)

VioletSky said...

I like the Banksy-ish look of the second.
And the first one just made me laugh out loud!!

Linda said...

I loved the sign...but the jumprope kid is a little strange...wonder what's the significance of the bees?

Kay L. Davies said...

Super set of eyes for March, Susan. I agree, the little girl might be the "beware" one of these two. Beware the bees of March anyway.
K

Brenda said...

Susan - as always, I love your photographer's "eye" - capturing the unusual and interesting. The first is quirky and fun; the second, slightly spooky - looks like a poster for a film "The Return of the Killer Bees" or some such. Obviously, the little girl, with her magic jump rope, can save the world.

James said...

Great finds! I like the bottom one best because it reminds me of something I saw in Paris. The top one is definitely cute though.

PS. I must confess that I never watched Marry Poppins. :)