Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scavenge-o-rama

Linking with Ashley (mama Ashley) for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.







This week's selections:  Water, Light, Chocolate, Animal, and Crowded.....onward.


Fill 'er Up BW
Fill 'er Up

Water:  At the local gas station, frozen and dripping water.
That poor guy didn't have a heavy enough jacket.  Brrrrrrr.

Main Street Bistro
Main Street Bistro

Light:  All lit up.  Friday night diners enjoying the fare.
Friday night photog outside playing with the tripod....with cold fingers.


Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake

Chocolate: As proud as if she baked it herself. This is from the archives, but I've never had a chance to share it.
My chocolate dessert from yesterday's lunch did not photograph well. Aw shucks....and I went and ate that chocolate orange mousse pie for nothing.


Blue Jacket {9/52}
Blue Jacket

Animal:  Found this guy right near the road ready to "strike a pose".
Can you say mud season?


Busy Bistro
Busy Bistro

Crowded:  Glad to see this local watering hole busy.  Great owner, great place, tough times....I see too many small businesses really struggling these days or closing up shop.


And that's it for another great week of SHS.  Love it.  If you haven't dared dip your toe into taking the Scavenger Hunt on-give it a try.  Always fun and nice participants.  You're sure to make some new blogger friends.



22 comments:

kbreints said...

Great captures!My favorite is the first and last. I love how your crowded is all blurred out! Good work!

BF said...

That water shot is fantastic! Lovely photos!

Lauri said...

Wonderful interpretations, great shots. Lovely.

MG Atwood said...

Nice shots this week. Love the water, and light! Have a wonderful week.

Kathy said...

I REALLY like your busy bistro shot. Just the right amount of blur, bokeh and color....fantastic!

JM said...

The composition on top is really... TOP! Fantastic, Susan.

Tezzie said...

Great scavenging!! That water photo is fabulous...perfect in b/w. And, looove your 'animal'. Such a handsome horse <3

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Great photos! So glad you took one for the team and ate that chocolate orangey thingy. Ah, the things we do for our hobby....

Patti said...

Your set is great! The water shot & the horse are my favorites.
The cake is just making me hungry! LOL!

Linda said...

I am always amazed at the lengths to which we photographers will go in search of the perfect shot...good job eating your chocolate orange mousse pie...Loved your shots, as usual!!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Icicles were a rarity around here this Winter. I'm hungry, that cake is killing me!

Ida said...

Very nice series.
Water - That was such an interesting photo.
Light - Oh how pretty
Chocolate - Looks delicious and I chuckled about your eating the chocolate mousse pie.
Animal - Nice looking horse, he does look as if he's posing.
Crowded - Again a good shot, and I agree it's nice to see small business/restaurants managing in this tough economy.

Ashley Sisk said...

Really great set - love the icicles.

Holly said...

Love these. Especially the icicles, and busy bistro.

Amanda said...

Loving the animal shot and crowded!

seabluelee said...

I love your Busy Bistro; I think that's my fave this week. Laughed at your comment under Chocolate. Ah, the sacrifices we make for our art. And that poor horse kinda reminds me of my mud-spattered car - not to mention my mud-caked boots.

Danelle said...

Great set! I love your interpretations this week.

Susan said...

Your water shot made me cold, such great light! Love your blurry crowded too, I hope something changes for small businesses soon, it is hard!

Saun said...

Nice set love your water and animal

Nancy Claeys said...

Wonderful shots this week, Susan! I really love them all -- but the horse and the bistro shot make me smile.

Have a wonderful week!

Brenda said...

You bring your signature style to your images and your signture humor to your words. Love as always following along with your week of prompts.

Love the icicles - with our mild winter, I didn't manage one such shot this year. There is something wonderful about frozen water. "Busy Bistro" - I love the way your have interpreted this scene - there is such a sense of warmth and fun and friendship and laughter.

Tracy P. said...

You found subjects with so much interest!