Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Scavenger Time!

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Can't miss it!












This week's list kept me on my toes.  I guess that's not a bad thing.
Whimsy, Create, Dust, Seed or Sprout, Swing or Drop




Outtakes
Outtakes

Whimsy:  Because I am participating in {in the picture}with Urban Muser.....one evening the light was just right so I thought I'd try to get a few in to work with.  Tula is a rescue dog.  She is very timid and fearful.  She isn't a camera hog-it was her nervousness kept her close-I don't think she likes the beeping on the self-timer. 
Makes it hard to get a selfie in nice light though.


Pencil Sketch
Pencil Sketch

Create:  I don't think myself creative....yet it is something people say to me "oh, you're so creative"....I never seem to see it.  Bless them.
I've been taking an advanced digital imaging class where we've learned A LOT.  Here's something I created using a photograph (my nephew) and turning it into a legit looking pencil sketch.  Next week we're going to learn how to animate these.  I better take GOOD notes.


The Work
The Work

Dust:  I know you're going to think I'm kidding, but I'm not.....I've discovered if your house shows up as dusty in a photo you'd like to use, add a texture and no one will know.  Trust me-it totally works.  Works on cat hair too.


Crocus
Crocus

Seed or Sprout:  I am so not a gardener....this is bloom isn't it?  Whoops.  Could it be the crocus have sprouted right up?  Work with me here.

Tranquil
Tranquil

Swing or Drop:  How about...drop everything and grab that shot before the sun drops behind that house.  Yes?  I'm pushing my luck, aren't I?  I mean, c'mon.  You just have to take this shot.  Right?


Thanks for checking out my SHS this week.  I know I was pushing the envelope with the topics, but I kind of like that.  I was a little trouble maker in school too.  Have a great day.

21 comments:

Brooke said...

I totally had you pegged as the trouble maker type! Hee.... just kidding. Well done on the hunt, I think they all work just fine. Love your pencil sketch conversion. And your sprout too.

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography said...

WOW- the light on those flowers is so pretty!

Linda said...

Somehow, you as a trouble maker is not a stretch...I love your different take on things! The shots are always creative...and love the "pencil sketch"!

MG Atwood said...

Very clever interpretations. Love the crocus. This light is magnificent. Have a lovely week.

Susan said...

Nicely done other Susan! Love your outtakes, Tula looks like a sweetheart. Gorgeous crocus and create. Can't wait to see what you come up with for animate!

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Love your interpretation to Drop Everything and take a photo... Very creative!
I like your photos no matter what topic, Susan. You always have excellent images. Today is no exception.

Lori said...

Love these, the crocus are so pretty!
BUT I love the Out takes, so so funny! Our cat used to always photo bomb us, awe...

Carol Blackburn said...

Thanks for the laugh with those outtakes.... great blog post.

Leanne said...

Nie shots, it can be tricky getting a selfie with dog in the picture. I like your attempts, it os beautiful light.

Brenda said...

Love the humor of "Outtakes" - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Great pencil sketch. And yes, I will accept Tranquil in fulfillment of the Drop prompt - just because it is a gorgeous shot.

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

You should definitely believe people when they say you're creative. :0)

seabluelee said...

This whole post counts as creative, I think. LOVE that Tula and her lurking in every shot! So funny. And your purple croci (OK, I'm sure that's wrong) definitely count. They had to sprout before they could bloom, right? Great set, my friend. You always leave me laughing.

Lui said...

Susan, that sketch truly rocks! Haha! Now I'm excited to see the animation!

And Tula is such a darling. She reminds me so much of the 'drooly' one who hovers near and is a camera hog, er dog ;-)

Ashley Sisk said...

Very creative interpretations - and love your outtakes for your selfie. I Find I Have to take at least 10 to find one I like.

James said...

To be honest I'm not much a flower guy but the flower shot is amazing. The light is incredible.

Seizing My Day said...

the last two shots are **beautiful** ;)

JM said...

Beautiful set of shots. The 'Outtakes' is so cool.

Btw, I've previously posted on the Frida exhibit: http://oeirasdailyphoto.blogspot.pt/2012/01/frida-kahlo-her-photos.html

Kathy said...

I wish I could just texture my whole house in real life :) Now THAT would be bliss :)

Tezzie said...

Such a lovely set...I'm so bummed that I didn't get to the hunt last week, since I loved the prompts! You did a great job interpreting them; your whimsy is so funny, drop is fabulous, adn your crocus blooms are totally sprouting :)

Phyllis said...

Were you really a trouble maker??? I just love what you said about texture. If only I could cover my living room with texture - sigh.

I really like what you wrote about the orange lobsterman pants and I enjoy looking at the photos where you live. and the photo of your nephew...and the photo of your dog with her reflection..and ..smile ..everythingyou post!

Cathy H. said...

I'm so glad you pushed the limits!! I love these! I love your whimsy; made me laugh! The light on the crocus is gorgeous!!