Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.










10" of snow Thursday, rain yesterday, gray this past week....pics are a little thin around the edges.  Going to have to scramble (and I don't mean eggs) to make this work.  But that's half the fun, right?

Here's the challenge:  Routine, Music, Technology, Show Me Your Style,  Mismatch


Waltz of the Trees
Waltz of the Trees

Routine:  One of my routines is to take time to walk the beach-and exercise my dog and me at the same time.
These trees line the road that leads to the beach.  I often take photos of them, like I can't help myself.  Late day sun on the treetops; gotta stop...part of the routine.


Cripple Creek
Cripple Creek

Music:  This is an "moldie oldie" song I never liked, but in its day, it got air time-too much for my taste.
Somehow the lyrics made it seem more enchanting than this.

Keyboard
Keyboard

Technology:  I got nuthin'.  No iphone, no microwave, no "gadgets".  It's not that I don't want them, but they cost so dang much.  I'm ready for this economy to turn around a bit.
Got my friend tho', who is usually willing to put up with me and my camera.

Boots Drying
Boots Drying

Show Me Your Style:  Seriously, around here in snowy weather, you're OK going lots of places with boots like these, fleece, a hat that smooshes your hair, and jeans.  Function over fashion;  I think that's my style. 

Four Hunderd OBO 
Four Hundred OBO

Mismatch:  Had to stop.  Had to.  Boat, in a field, in February.  Jus' sayin'...
And today that little boat is covered with snow, I'm certain.  That would even be more of a mismatch. 
Wonder what "best offer" would take it.  Wonder if those rusty wheels even go around.


I'm feeling like my set is a little gray and drab, but that was what this week's weather offered, so I guess that's the right representation.
Thanks for stopping by.  A visit is always a nice thing.  Have a great rest of your day.

18 comments:

seabluelee said...

And still gray and drab this morning. I'm beginning to feel like a toadstool, myself. You did better than I - I didn't even try to scavenge this week. I just drew a blank.
LOVE your waltz of the trees. You really caught routine and music in one!

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Susan, thanks alot....now I'll be humming "Cripple Creek" all day! I am so weak minded. LOL
Gee, Kathy said something similar about her shots today. Are all you photogs in sync???? Have a rootin' tootin' good shootin'
day. Oh, that was lame........LOL

Tamar SB said...

I know, whats with this weather! Love that boat and those stunning trees! Great finds, despite the crazy weather!!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I don't think the set is gray and drab. DST starts next weekend!


Hey, at least you got a chance to take some photos, it's been a bad week and the forecast is not good (lots of work, little spare time)!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Well, I have a pair of boots almost exactly like those, Susan! That "mismatch" shot made me snicker. Too funny!

kbreints said...

Love the boat shot. hilarious!

MG Atwood said...

I think you did a fabulous job with the prompts this week. Thank goodness for your computer, eh? I'm a bit of a tech lover, amazed that you can get by with the minimal. Hats off to you. Your tree photo is so lovely I can see
Why you like to shoot them. Have a wonderful week.

Ashley Sisk said...

Really great work - I'm loving that first shot.

Kathy said...

"Cripple Creek"...boy THAT brought back some memories! Those are some beautiful trees you captured there, and I really like the title you gave to the photo. It's perfect!

Linda said...

If memory serves me correctly (and these days it may not...) I loved Cripple Creek. Your first shot is gorgeous! Gray is the weather, gray is the feeling...but nevertheless, you did a great job with the prompts. I am always amazed at the creativity in doing the scavenger hunt! Maybe one day I will try it...

Leanne said...

LOve your fist shot- how nice to have that row of trees as part of your routine.

Tezzie said...

I'd be taking photos of those trees, too...so very pretty! Love your 'music' shot, too <3 And, I totally hear you on the function before fashion thing...I'm right there with ya, sistah ;)

And, yes...my socks were 'mismatched' in that one of them had pale purple accents, and the other were blue. (sorry...didn't even think to explain for the colour impaired ;D. After your comment, I remembered you telling me a while back about being colour blind. I guess I could take my shoes off without embarrassment if I were to visit you at your house ;D)

Have a great week, and let's hope this week's prompts serve us better!

Abi said...

Hey, your "mismatch" shot is awesome. I also love your angle on your first shot- looks like you have a great routine!

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Love the walz of the trees. Great captures.

Susan said...

Love these. Great mismatch and such a funny cripple creek sign. Total blast from the past. :-) Have a great week!

Brenda said...

Well you certainly made something out of your gray winter days. Lovely series. Like your "style" - with retirement, mine is anything with a stretch waistband. And yes, the boat in the middle of a field - definitely qualifies as a "mis-match". Can understand why you had to stop and document.

James said...

I like those boots.The tree photo is beautiful and I like the title "waltz of the trees". You got 10" of snow? I envy you. I would love to live in New England. In fact I recently contemplated moving to New Hampshire but it wasn't feasible because of my wife's job. I still have a goal to move there in about two years. Probably Portsmouth, Exeter or someplace in between. California is just too expensive and I miss winter and fall. :)

Cathy H. said...

I think your set is wonderful! I love how creative you are in fulfilling the prompts! The row of trees are amazing; beautiful light shining on them!! Your boot shot with the snow on the laces is great!!