Pages

Followers

Friday, March 30, 2012

Selfie Check-In


In The Picture



Linking with Christy over at Urban Muser for this month's {in the picture} self-portrait thingy.....

Thingy.  I'm not sure what to call it.  Oh look, it says right there on the button "journey"; all I have to do is read.  This is a self-monitored journey, being how-ever, how-often, how intense, how many, etc you want.  There are really no rules or restrictions, only that it's about you.  And as I think about it-that ain't a bad thing; having things be all about you.  If there were only tangible gifts that went along with it- or cash.  Cash would work for me.

Each month is a suggestion which you can use or ignore.  This month's was black and white.  I used it and ignored it.  An opportunist?  Who the hell knows?


Shopping Spree {9/52}
Shopping Spree

This is my favorite selfie this month.  Not because I'm hidden, but because the decorative mirror was an impulse find (not a buy, a find) and I think it makes a unique shot.  It also shows most of me.

I'm having a hard time putting my whole self in the image.  I'm "wicked good" (as they say in Maine) at doing feet or hands.....

Seashore BW
Seashore

but getting my whole body in the shot, that's been more challenging.

Bad Times Two
Bad Times Two

My little helper is photo bombing again....and no she's not throwing up, she's yawning-I look kind of awful, and well-hello, there's just nothing to salvage here-in color OR in black and white.  Just proving, this process ain't always beautiful.

I did try my first "jump" shots this month; but I was so focused on getting my feet off the ground, I forgot to include my head.  I did mention that I can rock out the feet shots, didn't I?  I'm also taking a digital imaging class so I'm practicing some of the things I'm learning.   I took my jumps and made them into daring feats of the feet.  That was kind of fun.

Dream Big
Dream Big
aka-Jumping the Steeple

A little motion blur, a little lens flare, a little warp tool-I can jump over the moon.

We also learned how to make a photo into a pencil sketch.  Pencil sketches are black and white....cool, fits the theme.  I took a shot from January and converted it.

Pencil Sketch Selfie
Pencil Sketch Selfie

One of the things I like about this journey, is every now and then you get something really quite nice.....

Savor {12/52}
Savor

.......that your dog doesn't get in the middle of.


Thanks for checking out my selfies.  Thanks to Christy for providing a great journey "thingy" as a challenge.  It is challenging, but it's also fun.

21 comments:

Sandra said...

Last try (the third) to leave a comment. I think that blogger seizes up occasionally!
I like the pencil sketch and that last shot is great by the sea with the sun on your face. How did you manage to keep the dog out of the picture? LOL!

Francisca said...

Oh, I see I'm not the only one frustrated with Blogger... but I thought it was this dang anonymous proxy that sloooooows blog hopping down to a centipedal crawl!

On to more important things...: your thingy. (It should be OUR thingy, but life got in the way this month and I didn't get to do even ONE selfie!) Yours are terrific, Susan. I think my favorite would be the last one... if the log didn't have me see you as Ms Pinocchio (sorry! I know, I know, it really IS nice...). You jumping the steeple is a howl... creative work, that. My guess is that you're not far from the total body shot... with or without your beloved dog. LOL! Have a wonder-full weekend.

Kathy said...

Whew! Finally able to post! I just get such a kick out of your humor and commentary..thanks for all the chuckles. Personally, I think that pen sketch selfie is Wickedly Wicked Cool!

Becs said...

Love your writing, it really makes me laugh! I love your selfies - the mirror is my favourite too but I love the jump shot and the light in the last one is gorgeous. Cool job with the pencil shot.

RainCityGirl said...

I love this group of selfies for March. And, yes... you rock the feet shots :)

Susan said...

What a great set. Love your pencil sketch. :-D

Cathy H. said...

These are really nice, Susan!! I smiled at your last shot, since I just read your SHS blog yesterday and saw the "whimsy"! You did get a great shot with gorgeous light! Love the mirror shot, that one is so cool!

Phyllis said...

I think you are wicked good at photography and your images are wicked pissah. Happy weekend!

michelle gd said...

all so great. but the one with the decorative mirror...loving.
jumping feet are fun too :)

seabluelee said...

Indeed, you do have some great feet shots, and your narrative made me laugh as usual. The pencil sketch is quite nice, actually, but the last one is my favorite.
I'm going to check on the daffodils' progress in the next day or so. I'll let you know how "ripe" they're getting. They may have slowed down with this cool down.

Kimberly June said...

Leaping over steeples? Very cool shot!

Linda said...

I can always count on you to brighten my day with your thought process! On the Blogger issue, I switched to Google Chrome as my default and upgraded to the new Blogger interface and all the problems I had went away...at least for now!

Carol Blackburn said...

Hey Susan......"she leaps tall buildings in a single bound." OK now that you've got that covered, good luck figuring out why you can't post a comment. I'm not having any trouble. Wish I could be of more help. Just know that I had a similar problem about a month or two ago (time flys) and it corrected itself (if I remember correctly). I'm not sure anymore.
Let me know how the battle goes.

gina said...

I am just loving the jump over the steeple -- you are clever! The seashore one is terrific too! It looks like you had fun doing these -- we all have "outtakes".

Deborah L. Tisch said...

I'm a bit behind on putting my selfies out there...and you inspire me to get going. All of these are such a nice way to see you, but my favorite is that pencil sketch processing. It's different and well done.

Brenda said...

Okay - so you've got the "leaping over tall buildings" thing going - now what about "faster than a speeding bullet"? Pulling out all the stops from your Digital Imaging arsenal with that great pencil sketch. And yes, that last one with the golden light is quite lovely.

shirley said...

I guess it pays to be a little behind because blogger is playing nice today.
Love your selfies! My fave is that jumping shot - wow....

Jamie said...

I've completely fallen off the wagon on this challenge and can't seem to get back on - which I hate because it is an awesome way to stretch. Your photos are amazing - I love seeing a bit more of you on your blog.

Leanne said...

I really love your mirror shot, so interesting- i didn't see you in there at first!

pink sheep said...

i love all of your shots...especially the one with the 'photo-bombing' dog :-) (i have a similar 'photo-bomber'!) great post as well. i'm also learning that it's ok to make some things all about me...

urban muser said...

so glad you are enjoying the thingy so far! too bad i can't give cash prizes, eh? thanks for linking up at {in the picture} this month!