Pages

Followers

Friday, March 9, 2012

Stillness...hmmmm.

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.comLinking for this week's Project 52, where the topic is "be still"


"Be Still"....I've heard that before; I've been told that before, often. 
I'm a drummer, a tapper, a leg wiggler, antsy, a pen clicker, fidgety, attention span of gnat, etc.  "Susan; be still".

So this topic wasn't happening.  I'm taking struggling thru an advanced digital imaging class.  Most of my classmates are 19-24.  They were teethed on computers and gaming.  I consider myself pretty capable, but it's not innate, it's a learned skill. So the ol' wheels turn comparatively slowly.  (I look like a speed wizard next to my parents though.) I find myself on step 3 when everyone is on step 5 headed for 6.  That's when the fidgeting goes into high gear.

This week's lesson had a mini extra lesson at the end.  Motion blur.  Cool.  So I took a "still" picture from my jumping experiment, and inserted it into a still scene....and then added motion blur so it looks busy. 


Cowabunga
Cowabunga

I guess this is my version of still. It can happen in small doses. Ok, the chick under the umbrella is still and has no clue I'm jumping over her head. How about that?



Thanks for visiting.  I look forward to seeing some truly "still" posts.

9 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Looks like an episode of "Believe it or Not." And, you jumped that umbrella in a single bound. You are soooooo much more adept with the camera than you believe you are so have confidence Susan, it's all good.

Brenda said...

Oh, you creative one! Using those Photoshop lessons to great effect. I like how you took "stillness" and turned it on its head. Hope you landed safely on the other side of that railing. Isn't Photoshop fun?

Kathy said...

VERY striking! The motion blur is fantastic, but the image in and of itself is gorgeous with it's silhouette, sun flare and gorgeous sky colors. Haha...I haven't heard "Cowabunga" since my now 26 year old use to play with his Teen-aged Mutant Ninja Turtle figures....last week :). Okay, he'd KILL me if he knew I posted that.

Cowabunga Dude!

Kim Stevens said...

I love that - Cowabunga! This is great, really great and so creative! Doesn't matter what step you were on, you nailed it!

Susan said...

Nicely done. Love your comment on how your classmates teethed on gaming and computers. :-) Very creative!

Linda said...

You are a whiz in my book! I loved this photo...I think you did it very well! I am impressed by your skill at jumping...like you have springs on your feet! Very clever...

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

You crack me up, love this and I love the title you gave the image too. Very cool. Have a great weekend. x

James said...

Awesome!

Christine said...

I like the sun flare!