Pages

Followers

Friday, March 16, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James, "Mr. California", for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Follow the link to see reflections from around the globe.  James' is extra special this week....who am I kidding?  His reflections are always special.


Yay for DST.  I am sooooo happy to have a return to light that allows me to slip off for some photos after work or class rather than feeling cocooned in my home, shades drawn, lights burning.  I am a happy camper.  We've had back and forth weather, days that seem sunny and turn gray or vice versa, but I did get out 2 or 3 late afternoons.


Water's Edge
Water's Edge

In full summer swing I could never get this shot....but this time of year seasonal homeowners and shops often vacate allowing me to tiptoe into places I'd normally be shooed away from in high season.

Riverfront
Riverfront

Shoo, shoo, shoo, you and your camera.


Off Season
Off Season

The boatyard appears to be gearing up for the coming boating season.


Another evening the light changed to gray just as I was taking my camera out for a spin, but I still had some success.

Still Waters
Still Waters

Don't you love finding mirror-like opportunities?


Overlooking Tidal Pools
Overlooking Tidal Pools

Young couple on the sidewalk while I was down on the beach.  We soon changed places.


Have a wonderful weekend.  I'm hoping for some steady sun.  Thanks for taking a look at my photos today.

25 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Gorgeous photos, Susan. And what a place to live! I'm glad you didn't get shooed off, because these are just wonderful.
K

Susan said...

Such lovely shots. I especially love the tidal pools shot.

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Loving those mirror like reflections. I can just image you tip toeing about the place.

James said...

I love these photos! The bottom one is awesome and the rest are amazingly beautiful! It's always a treat to see your reflections.

I'll be "Mr. Texas" in a few months and with fingers crossed "Mr. New Hampshire" in a few years. "Mr Nomad?" :)

seabluelee said...

Susan, these are all wonderful, but I especially love the first two and Still Waters. That water and light make my heart ache. Remind me again why I'm leaving here?

Sylvia K said...

Superb reflections, Susan! Such still, still water! Delightful captures for the day! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I love the warmth of 'off season', it's amazing.

Leanne said...

These are beautiful reflections, great use of your extra daylight hours.

Gine said...

Toute la série est belle, mais j'aime beaucoup la dernière photo.

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderful reflections, Susan...looking forward to some nice weather and getting out myself. Have a good one!

Cathy H. said...

Oh, I love your water reflections! You are near the perfect place to take photos! All I'm close to is a muddy creek!!

lisa said...

I have never been fortunate enough to be in Maine during the off-season, Susan, but it sure looks beautiful. You have captured such beautiful light in these images. I am sooooo in love with "Off Season." The textures, and light and tones all come together so beautifully.

Sending you wishes for a wonderful weekend!

Rebecca said...

I love the Off Season photo. The colors, the lines, the rustic feel - it is beautiful.

Rebecca said...

I love the Off Season photo. The colors, the lines, the rustic feel - it is beautiful.

Brenda said...

Susan - DST + off-season are definitely working for you! This is a great series full of golden light and gorgeous reflections. "Off-Season" is my favorite with the diagonal composition, the range of textures and the colors.

Kathy said...

Susan, quite honestly....I think you have the most brilliant talent when it comes to reflections. And here you've gone and proven it again :)

Nadege, said...

You've done it again...these images are fantastic.

Tezzie said...

Oh, that gorgeous afternoon sunlight!! You live in such a beautiful place...LOVE the peaceful reflections you found <3

NatureFootstep said...

such an interesting place to go photo hunting. :) I love all of your shots, they are great and capture the scenery very well.

Linda said...

Loved those reflections! I always want to join James with the weekend reflections, but I have other weekend memes I participate in and just can't seem to squeeze in another blog! Maybe it is time to start a second one! That way I could participate in the others too...have a happy day, Susan!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Wonderful photos.

Regards and best wishes

Sweepy said...

Woof!
I love mirrors too because I see my drooly face!

Now go and eat cake for me.

Phyllis said...

Hi Susan, If the homeowners could see your photo's they wouldn't be "shooing" you away....they would be asking for more! I especially love how your timing must have been just perfect to capture the reflection of the sun in the third floor window of your first photo. Warm weather is supposed to be coming our way this week !!

JM said...

What a great set of reflection shots! I honestly don't know which I most like.

TheChieftess said...

Some lovely shots!