Pages

Followers

Friday, April 6, 2012

Flex-chuns

Happy weekend.  Woot.  Time to link up with my friend James for this week's Weekend Reflections.


Track 1
Track 1

Went to Boston last weekend....saw "Les Mis", my most fave musical of ALL time.  The opera house has headsets for the hard of hearing-if the non hard of hearing tried these, I think they'd be jealous.  Sound mixed straight off the board so instrumentation and vocal in nice balance.  It was also a show that was captioned, so I could fill in the blanks by reading subtitles.  Very cool.

What girl goes to Boston and doesn't take along the camera?  Not me...hell no. While I was there I took some time to snag some pics too.  Weather was not super co-operative, but let's just say I managed, like the shot above from South Station.  Love playing around trains and busy transportation hubs.

With Petite Biscotti
With Petite Biscotti

Also took a wonderful lunch...yum, with a (reflected here) view of Boston Common.  Cost as much as a weeks worth of groceries, but it was a fun treat for M-E!  This cappuccino was dessert, but fessin' up that the glass of wine I started with was the best part.  Like having before and after treats.

Study Reflections
Study Reflections

I visited the Boston Public Library, BPL if you're in the know....gorgeous architecture....and a beautiful study room with rows and rows of tables, lamps with green shades, and very quiet students.  Had to shut of the "beep" feature on the camera.  Then I snuck a few shots from the hallway and found a little reflection at the entryway.

All in all, a great day in the city.



And back home......

Six Forty Five
Six Forty-Five

.....there are always amazing views.

Have a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

Linda said...

Glad you had a fun day and treated yourself! Looks like a good time...and the sky put on quite a show for your homecoming, didn't it?

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

That cappuccino looked pretty good to me - a very
mouth watering shot! Thanks for visiting!

Sylvia K said...

I do love Boston although I haven't been there in years. And I love "Les Mis"! One of my favorites, too! All in all, it looks like a wonderful weekend! All that and great reflections, too!! What more could you ask!! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

seabluelee said...

Nice! So glad you "treated" yourself so well. I love the light in that library. I could spend a lot of time blissfully hanging out in a place like that.

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

Like the top one a lot.

Leanne said...

SOunds like a wonderful weekend.. I love Les mis too, although it's been a long time since I've seen it. A nice set of reflections here, cappuccino looks good!

Nancy Claeys said...

How cosmopolitan of you Susan! I'm actually quite jealous -- I do love stage plays and musicals. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

My ideal meal is appetizers and desert, just skip the main course.

From working in the cable tv industry, I know WGBH is the pioneer in captioning, so it's no surprise that the technology has spread throughout the Boston area; the headsets sounds like an excellent idea!

A wonderful collection of reflections.

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Lunch at the Four Seasons is a treat indeed! Yum!

Jamie said...

Oh, Les Miz - my favorite. I need to see it again soon.

Brenda said...

Ah, fun and reflections in the city! How wonderful that you were able to enjoy Les Miz again - one I haven't seen. Lovely reflections, documenting your Boston weekend. Good for you for giving yourself this gift.

Kathy said...

Ahhhhh, Les Mis.....FABULOUS!

urban muser said...

great shots! i love a good long-legged shadow portrait.