Pages

Followers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's All About Me!


Yes
Yes!

Ok....I've been blogging 2 years today .  Yay me!  576 posts....averages out to 4 to 5 posts every week where you all have endured funky pictures, quirky and sarcastic humor, grumpy sad days, goofy selfies, discussions/pics about my cat and dog, soul searching, my department of redundancy department, and on.  And you've left kind comments-sincerely, thank you.  I don't think I've ever received a nasty comment from anyone (not that I'm putting a request or bad karma out there for any).  My ego endures and prospers.


Beach Wall in Spring
Beach Wall in Spring

So, now that I've been doing this awhile, suddenly I find myself sitting here, much like my very first post, staring at the block of white wondering what might be on my mind that anyone would care to read.  Hmmmmm.  I have this urge to delete the first few month's posts that were sort of pathetic, but how can I gauge growth if I do that?  I'll let it be.  Two years from now (God willing) I may want to delete this post too.....Nah.


Heart in Hand {sh 94}
Heart in Hand

One of the best things about blogging is I've made a lot of friends and connections.  I'm not sure anyone that embarks on blogging realizes that that will happen.  I have friends not only here in the U.S., but friends all over the world.  And I have made friends that live nearby too.  How cool is that?  I used to think of these friends as "blogger friends", but a variety of my contacts have crossed that line, tho' we've never met, I've found like souls; legitimate friends who I care about.  What a wonderful gift.


Lookin' Good
Looking Good

I must also credit blogging for the push for me to take pics.  When my hearing became too compromised to really enjoy music anymore, I didn't understand that my creativity would burst if it didn't find a place to speak.  After realizing my posts would be far more, interesting, with images, I picked up my point and shoot and started.  Billions (ok that's an exaggeration) of pics, linkys, e-classes, and inspiration and encouragement from others later-I am an artist-(with a better camera)-I own that-(the camera and the artist thing too), and I feel comfortable standing behind and sharing my images. But do realize I will continue to grow and there's LOTS of room for that.  That's a good thing.


Already?
Already?

Well, listen....gotta get running along.  Just wanted to share this sort of benchmark with people that get it and say I'm glad that we're doing what we're doing in this blogopshere. Thanks for stopping by today-as always it's nice to be heard.  I hope you have a great day too and I'll catch up with you soon.

Beach Run
Beach Run

22 comments:

gina said...

Happy blogaversary, Susan! Wow --576 posts! It's nice to take the time to look back and see the personal and artistic growth. I agree that the connections are one of the best parts of blogging. I love your first shot -- how the hecko-gecko did you manage that?

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Congratulations! :-D So happy to share your special anniversary with you. Love the last beach run, you make it look easy!

Kathy said...

Wow...what a milestone my friend! And I am soooo glad to have "met" you via the blogging world. I consider that a "great" day :). BTW, I really like that last photo. Such a great sense of freedom to it. Keep on bloggin'!

Brooke said...

YAY SUSAN! Congrats on your 2 year blogoversary! I'm glad to have "met" you... your photos are always so inspiring! Keep 'em coming.

Tamar SB said...

Happy blogging-anniversary!! I love stoping by to see your pictures and hear what you have to share! To many, many more!

Tamar SB said...

Happy blogging-anniversary!! I love stoping by to see your pictures and hear what you have to share! To many, many more!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Congrats on this great milestone. I think it's cool to reflect back on older shots.

It's equally cool to find new friends across the globe and around the corner. Keep up the great works, I really enjoy stopping by.

Carol Blackburn said...

Congratulations Susan.....many more wonderful blogs to come I hope.

Anita Johnson said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary! I couldn't agree with you more...friendships, like your, have been such an unexpected blessing.I too, have looked at photography in a new light and have loved learning more about my camera and my style of photography. That was an added bonus, I really started a blog to share pictures with my mom who was 83 at the time. I will be posting my 1,000th post on Friday ...how did that happen, and I'm trying my first give away (is that what they call it) Anyway, stop by.PS That first picture of you is so fun...YES INDEED!

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Yes, happy blogiversary!
I'm glad we were able to connect on this world wide web. Your photos and writing always bring a smile to my heart.

Brenda said...

All about you, huh? Well, that is as it should be. Congratulations on reaching the 2 year mark - what a huge accomplishment. I am so grateful to have you, your creativity and wit and humor, as part of my online community. How lucky can one person be to have made such a connection via bits and pixels? Your images thrill me and challenge me to see in new ways. We have learned together and I hope we continue to do so. Your continued support and encouragement has been invaluable.

Thank you for being your true self and for sharing it here with us.

Nadege, said...

Happy Anniversary. I love your photography, always so inspiring.

I've only been blogging for one year and I am amazed at the number of like minded people I have discovered.

Leanne said...

Great job-2 years is awesome, nice set of selfies, love beach run.

Linda said...

Not sure what it is about this date, but you are the 3rd person I follow who is celebrating today - the others are 1 today! Congratulations - I always enjoy your posts, photos and thoughts. Keep on doing what you are doing - you are a natural!

Phyllis said...

Cheers Susan. Here's to your anniversary! You are talented, creative, funny and kind.

Becs said...

Happy anniversary, 2 years is an awesome acheivement. Love your set of images here - especially heart in hand and your beach jump. Here's to many more images and posts. :)

Laloofah said...

Wow, has it really been two years already?! Congratulations on reaching that milestone. Your are a very prolific and creative blogger and your photos are fantastic! It's been fun to watch you and your blog grow and flourish and gain so many active, supportive followers.

Happy Friday, Sue!

urban muser said...

happy blogiversary susan! what an accomplishment :) love that last photo of you running--awesome shot. have a great weekend.

Ms. Becky said...

what a fun post. two years huh? I bet we "met" shortly after you got started, and I believe it was through Boot Camp, if I'm not mistaken. what a great two years it's been. I always love your selfies. You're such a character. My heart is in your hand too. happy weekend. (boo open houses).

seabluelee said...

Happy Blogaversary!! And congratulations - two years is quite the accomplishment. I count myself privileged to be one of your "nearby" friends, and look forward to continuing that friendship even when I'm not so near. And that is an awesome jump shot up there at the top, my friend. I'd like to know how you got that one.

Jamie said...

Congratulations! I feel so glad to have been a long for most of the two year ride. You are an amazing artist, a real friend and an inspiration. I look forward to seeing what they next two years bring.

Gilly said...

That's a lot of posts - I'm at a bit over a hundred and coming up for a year. Congratulations on reaching the two year mark! I love reading your posts, although I tend to have one massive read every so often instead of catching them as they come out. Here's to many more years of reading about your life and your thoughts, and looking at your lovely pictures.