Pages

Followers

Monday, April 2, 2012

Paying It Forward



Mondays.  Yuck.  Seem to start with the glass 1/2 empty, no matter what you might think...extra yucky if it's raining. 

However....

Between the Raindrops
Between the Raindrops

....last week an unexpected surprise landed amongst my comments.  It complimented one of my photos and said "I've made you my Pay It Forward for this week".  Hmmmmm.  Sounds good to me.
 
Justine of Justine Gordon Photography had paid it forward to me.  It's simple really and if you'd like to know the premise, here's a quick explanation.

So, today I'm paying if forward to my blogging friend Anita at did you bring your camera.  Anita posts lovely images.  It seems I say "Anita this is really...(fill in the blank)  stunning, beautiful, lovely, dreamy," etc. upon each visit....a broken record of the finest kind I suppose.

I first was charmed by the title of her blog and sincerely that was the impetus for me taking my camera with me all the time.  On the rare occasion I don't, surely there's a moment when I think "Rats, I should have brought my camera"...and think of her.  She also gets credit for those moments I think "I'm so glad I brought my camera".

Take a moment to stop by Anita's blog today-make her Monday a little better-and yours too. And stay between the raindrops today too.

12 comments:

Linda McCane said...

What a lovely idea! And very well deserved, I might add!

Anita Johnson said...

Hi Susan,
Thank you so much for the kind words. I guess my claim to fame might be getting people to bring their cameras with them...and that is a good thing. I have been blessed many times by photos others have shared in real life and on their blogs, not to mention all the new ways of looking at things I have seen. All good stuff! Glad we connected...with thanks,
Anita

Susan said...

How sweet! Anita does have such GORGEOUS pictures!

Tamar SB said...

What a lovely concept and what a stunning blog to pay it forward to! I agree about the start to Mondays, too. Usually I wake up raring to go, today not so much. Then I spent almost 90 minutes chasing one of my students around the school, oy!

martinealison said...

Une jolie publication...
Gros bisous

Nadege, said...

What a great idea. Lovely image.

Brenda said...

Susan - well, regardless of starting out with the glass half full, you have taken the proverbial lemons and made lemonade from your rainy Monday with a lovely shot of rainy streets.

lisa said...

A wonderful choice Susan.
I did not "know" Anita until I read this.
What a wonderful blog she has, and I DO love the name.
Your photograph looks like my weekend! :-(
xo.

urban muser said...

what a nice idea. i'll have to go and check her out!

Marji {RainCityGirl} said...

I love this pay it forward Monday idea! i'm on board too. I'm off to Anita's site now.

Nancy Claeys said...

We really should do this as a habit on our blogs, don't you think? It's a wonderful idea. I'll have to go and visit Anita's blog. :)

Jamie said...

What a great way to brighten a Monday.