Pages

Followers

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Photo-Heart Connection

Linking with Kat's Photo-Heart Connection




 

Rowboat {11/52}
Rowboat {11/52}

The past two PHC months I've had a hard time deciding what image I was most attached to....and it kept changing with runners up and multiple images vying to be "the one".  Not so this month.  I took this on March 11th and have been holding it for PHC since then.

I may be connected to this image as it has many elements that I'm attracted to in photographs-lovely light, a sense of solitude, diagonal line, reflections, leading line, rimmed light, even a touch of movement (no graffiti tho'; rats....just kidding).

In this same location about a month earlier, on a cold and windy afternoon, I found this same little boat in glorious golden light-swinging to and fro on the dock, but agitated.  It was warmer and calmer on this morning, but the boat was looking tired.  Both times it matched my mood of the day.

I may be connected to this image because the little boat became a muse-an unexpected one.  Found by chance she let me "use" her. (hmmmm use/muse-jus' sayin'). 

I may be connected to this image because it reminds me of Spring's advancing light and how glorious and giving the weather has been this March-cupping me in soft gentle hands-rather than slapping me with more ice, snow and cold.  This image seems warm and balmy, my most favorite kind of weather.

I can't say if it means more, I think it does.  I've been told what we choose to capture, when our hearts are truly engaged, is a reflection of what's inside us.  Maybe; maybe not-but I'd be willing to go with that.  I am uncertain however, what feeling is reflected here.  Maybe it is masked, multiple feelings, a mystery to be revealed in time, or maybe it is meant to be my riddle.


Thank you for taking a look at my PHC.  Thank you to Kat for hosting this link.  I like the opportunity to thoughtfully review my images for the month and share one that is extra dear.  I also enjoy reading what the other participants have found to be their PHC.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your image is lovely. The lines, the light, the composition, the whole thing. I would love to sit on the shoreline here and just gather my thoughts. Thank you for sharing. - Susan

augcott said...

What a wonderful capture and I love your connection to the photo.
Nicely done!
:-D

Linda said...

In addition to your photos, I enjoy your musing...the feeling that you are open for soul-searching, and the way you deliver your thoughts. You are always a joy to visit. And, like you, I cannot explain why some photos grab me, but they do...one that I keep going back to and have never posted is a boat also...on a gray day. And I am not really a water lover - don't swim so have always had a fear of drowning. Who knows with the boat thing? Have a great day!

gina said...

This is so beautiful, Susan! The light is wonderful, and it has so many elements I love also -- water, diagonal lines,reflections, sky. So glad you found your muse floating there!

Scrappy Grams said...

always love your water shots...I would love to live near a lake, river or pond. I used to wish for living near the ocean, but since Katrina I gave up that wish...

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

The diagonal line is what captured me and drew me in. Love that your muse let you 'use' her.

Deborah L. Tisch said...

"...we choose to capture, when our hearts are truly engaged, is a reflection of what's inside us..."

That speaks to my soul. Just like this photo is speaking to you in different ways.

Fabulous image and great post.

Brenda said...

I love that this image spoke to you immediately - that you knew it was your PHC - because of all the elements that it contains but also because it spoke to you on a deeper level. Even if you don't quite yet know what it is saying. I think it is okay to have some mystery around why our images speak to us.

nancyjean said...

i love your photo and perspective. Your image has such a calm feeling. Isn't wonderful when an image just jumps right out to grabs us?

Anita Johnson said...

I might have to join this link sometime. I like reading your thoughts on your photos...makes me think about why I take pictures and to look critically at the ones I like the best too. I feel like we were given a gift with the early spring...I agree with you...the best kind of weather.

Lui said...

That was memorable, Susan!
I can understand why.

If you took photos of Tula it would be nice to share them with Ashley's Quarterly Top 5!

Sweepy said...

Woof!
Is that a vacation place with Tula?
Is Tula doing staycation?
Am I asking too many Tula Qs?

I miss Tula.
Will you tell her that I do?
And OK I miss you too.

Nancy Claeys said...

Something about water always attracts me too -- This is such a tranquil image. I can understand why you love it.

Have a wonderful week Susan. :)

justine said...

oh again that light!! wow, i love also how the lines draw your eye in to the picture, it is a great composition

Kat Sloma said...

What beautiful words, "how glorious and giving the weather has been this March-cupping me in soft gentle hands." And maybe, that is exactly what you needed, what this photo brings to you. Peace and support. I love the monochromatic feel of it, even though it's in color. I love the peacefulness of the scene. I'm so glad to have you sharing this in the Photo-Heart Connection.

Marji {RainCityGirl} said...

I can breathe in the beauty and serenity you experienced by looking at this photo. You captured a beautiful moment and I am happy to see it through your eyes. A great capture for PHC this month.

Tamara said...

i'm reading this after a crazy day...the light, the easy flowing ripples of the water, the inviting boat...all of it brings a smile, a deep breath in, and out...and a feeling of peace to me. wonderful!

Tamara said...

i'm reading this after a crazy day...the light, the easy flowing ripples of the water, the inviting boat...all of it brings a smile, a deep breath in, and out...and a feeling of peace to me. wonderful!

Bo said...

Ooooh, I love it when a photo speaks to you, and the connection is made without pondering and second guessing. A perfect pick.

lisa said...

I love everything about this image Susan, especially the wonderful solitude. Such a perfect Photo-Heart Connection.

Rosemary said...

Simple beauty caught very eliquently by you

Kim Stevens said...

This is a wonderful heart connection, that will probably unfold even more for you with time. The light in this is gorgeous and peaceful!

Ginny said...

When I looked at your picture I felt peaceful. Thank you for sharing both your picture and your thoughts.

Leanne said...

Beautiful shot, love the light & peacefulness of it all.

Anna said...

Hi Susan,
Strong values and design, along with engaging light - I see that in a lot of your work. These are elements that make for powerful picture making. Great capture and I love hearing your feelings about your subject!
I assume that your little boat, as muse and story teller could relate many tales - storms and calm, dark and light, good days and bad..... riding it all out, as we all do.
Happy week to you :)

Phyllis said...

Hi Susan, Your photographs are great. I really enjoy seeing and reading about bits of your life.
And dare I say that ofen your posts are.....a"musing" amusing..

Sandra said...

Beautiful lighting and peacefulness emanate from this image.
I like the way your connection with it puts you in touch with a little mystery within you which may reveal itself when you are ready to uncover it. I see quiet depth in the darkness of the boat and see the light shining on the edges bringing it to our attention.

Jamie said...

This photo is full of things I love - but mostly I love it because I feel that sense of beauty and solitude when I look at it.