Pages

Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Red and Yellow



In Open Shade
In Open Shade


Last week I took my friend Lee's advice and stopped at Laurel Hill cemetery to visit the tulips.  Lee and I had been a couple weeks earlier to visit the daffodils which I posted about here.  Ah-maze-ing. Gazillions of them.

However....I may have enjoyed the tulips even more.

You might recall, or not, that I'm not a huge fan of flowers.  Oh, they're lovely to look at and the colors are cheerful, but I don't ooh and ahh and I HATE gardening.  I have a small 6 x 6 garden in my back yard where I'm only permitted the hardiest of perennials that will come back no matter how much I ignore them.

But, these tulips were pretty awesome and I had a great time taking pics of them.


Red and Yellow
Red and Yellow

There were a variety of places where the tulips were in large patches.  I loved this group by a pretty chapel and had fun playing with the angle of the sun striking some, and shade harboring others.


Tulip Patch
Tulip Patch

The most fun for me though were the patches that were standing tall in the midst of open grass areas.  There were people around walking for exercise or visiting a grave site, but I didn't care.  I lay down on the lawn, on my stomach, on my back, turning upside down, or sideways and enjoying the picture taking process oblivious to anyone who might be staring, pointing, or giggling.  I don't know if they were or not.  I paid no attention to anything but my own child-like enjoyment.  It was all about me.
Geez, I'm kind of selfish sometimes.....


Across the Sky
Across the Sky


Red Lipped Yellow
Red Lipped Yellow

.....but it was totally worth it.


If you enjoyed looking at these tulips even 1/8th as much as I enjoyed taking them, it's all good.
Have a wonderful day.



22 comments:

martinealison said...

Je suppose que n'importe quel homme aimerait subitement devenir une tulipe pour que vous vous mettiez à ses genoux de la même manière!!! ... Sourire...
Les photos que j'admire en valait bien la peine.
Gros bisous

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Beautiful! I'm glad you took time to stop and shoot the tulips. :-)

lisa said...

These are just beautiful Susan, and I love the cheerful color combination.
Happy Sunday to you!

Tamar SB said...

These are all stunning!! Love the yellow and red and green!! What a beautiful setting you found.

LeAnne said...

I have fallen in love with tulips this spring. You've captured some real beauties here.

S. Etole said...

Yes, totally worth it. These are beautiful.

Leanne said...

I love tulips, nicely photographed..sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Kay L. Davies said...

How wonderful not to care what anyone else thinks.
Good for you.
I'm too old to get down on the ground, because I wouldn't be able to get up, so I love your from-the-ground photos.
K

Carol Blackburn said...

Awesome tulips, Susan...:)

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I do love tulips, but we do not have a single one in our yard. I like how they've mixed the yellow and red.

seabluelee said...

Love, love, LOVE Across the Sky! We do need to get out again SOON.

Nadege, said...

What a great combination of yellow and red. The tulips look gorgeous and so are your images.

gina said...

You may be becoming a flower person, Susan. Your tulip images are tiptop! Love the light and colors!

ju-north said...

Worth all the effort!

Ross said...

Well you may not like tulips but your photos are amazing. I really like the color combinations. Worth planting I would say!

Ashley Sisk said...

Totally worth it - love these tulips. Just gorgeous.

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Beautiful pics, sometimes you just have to lose yourself in the moment.

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Amazing images! I love that red lined yellow tulip in the last image. Never saw one like that.

Laura said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Anita Johnson said...

Beautiful...I'm not a tulip fan, but I may be changing my mind, they have been outstanding this year.

Brenda said...

Gorgeous! But I mostly enjoyed the thought of you rolling in the grass to get the shots.

JM said...

Love these compositions, Susan, not to mention the colours, of colours. Great post.