Pages

Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Scavenging

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday....sometimes it's what keeps me going, or at least helps.   It's always fun; give it a try if you haven't yet.


 
 
 
 
Shadows
Shadows
 
Simple:  There's really nothing here-a walkway to the beach, ratty old fence, scrubby dunes, the edge of the breakwater wall-simple.  Those shadows are what made me stop.
 
 
 
Party Chips
Party Chips
 
Grain:  Tortilla chips-go with chili pretty well.
 
 
The T
The T
 
Transportation:  I love trains.  Love.  Don't really get it, but they hold fascination as subject for images.  In this I like the blurry face in the window whizzing by, and the contrast of red and yellow.
 
 
Smug Mug
Smug Mug
 
Stitch:  My grandmother used to say "oh isn't he a stitch" when bad behavior was kind of cute.
This is a stitch face for sure.  Do you think my sweet nephew would give me a legit smile?  Hell no.
If I've strayed to far from stitch-maybe you can see stitching somewhere on that shirt and I'm covered.
 
 
Water Ripple
Water Ripple
 
Bubbles:  OK-there are some bubbles there.  I like flowing waters, but don't think I've yet to capture what I see and transport it to image.  I have a lot of blah flowing water shots sitting unloved in the archives.  I'll keep trying.  Would be nice if I didn't have to crawl under wharfs and piers to get the shots though.
 
 
Thank you for checking out my finds from this week...now off to walk the dog on the beach in the sun.  Happy weekend to you.
 

15 comments:

Kathy said...

Okay, later in the week I'm going to post the photo I initially was going to use for "simple". And when I do, you will exclaim "wow, great minds!". Okay, maybe u will just think it silently :). A beautiful collection this week. And your "stitch" is dead on perfect...what an imp expression, haha.

MG Atwood said...

Lovely set of photos. Stitch is fabulous! I really like your transportation shot too. Have a great week!

Tamar SB said...

Great minds think alike on the T pictures! Love the sand, you're making me remember the summer shadows on the beach near my house as a kid!

gotmycamera said...

Love the T shot..great capture of the blur.

Kay L. Davies said...

I love trains, too.
I also have a young nephew who won't allow me to take a proper picture of him. He has to mug for the camera every time. Yes, yours is a stitch, to be sure.
K

Brenda said...

I can completely understand your attraction to those wiggly shadows - creating a path to follow right down to the water. Great sense of speed and movement in the train shot - those stripes of bright color add to the effect. And I'm not sure cameras are capable (I refuse to believe it is the photographer) of adequately capturing the beauty of moving water - so don't feel bad.

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Great set of images, Susan.

Love that beach. I'd be there a lot if it were close to me. I like how you composed this one.

martinealison said...

De sublimes photos de la vie...
J'aime les mots qui les accompagnent.
Gros bisous

Leanne said...

Lovely set, the shadows on the sand are beautiful & I think that your "stitch is gorgeous!

Linda said...

As usual, your photos are very good! I love your version of "stitch"...I completely get it! And, with the exception of the youngest, my grandsons have all gotten to that "cheesy" smile stage...I can't get a normal smile out of them if they know I have the camera!

Brooke said...

Ah-ha... Susan! These are just great. That simple shot needs to be hung and framed somewhere. How lovely! And your nephew's little smug mug made me laugh. He is cute.... with or without a legit smile! Oh and bubble - the lighting!!

You find the most glorious light.
Anyway, happy Sunday!

Ashley Sisk said...

That simple shot is so peaceful - makes me want to get out for a walk.

Carol Blackburn said...

Interesting shots, Susan....love the sand; I wish I could paint sand. :)

seabluelee said...

You always come up with interesting interpretations! I love that first image and the last one. I think you do flowing water just fine. I can see that water moving and swirling around, with little sun sparkles on the surface. Cool picture.

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Oh, love your simple, such wonderful shadows. Hope you had a lovely walk in the sun.