Pages

Followers

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Rockin' the Sunday Scavenger

Linking with Ashley today for SHS.



 
 
Happy Sunday.  The sun is shining, I've already walked the hound on the beach, I'm looking at a lawn that needs mowing, laundry, de-cluttering and a trip to the gym.  But....got my cup o' coffee in my favorite multi-striped mug and I'm taking a little me time to indulge in the SHS before my day gets ramped up.



Farmhouse Yellow
Farmhouse Yellow

Beneath Your Feet:  Gotta remember to look down, there's good stuff there that's easy to miss.


Roll On
Roll On

Capturing Movement:  She was coming down the hill, fast.  It was all I could do to get the camera up.  Wish I'd caught her in better light, but....she's moving.  Love those instantaneous street grabs.


Decorative Hinge
Decorative Hinge

Texture:  Visited the local trolley museum.  One of my friends volunteers there-she was scraping paint off a 1904 trolley car in the process of restoration.  There were at least 5-6 old trolleys in the barn in various states of restoration.  They research them and restore to original state-which can sometimes take 20+ years.  This is a window and hinge-they sure made beautiful cars "back in the day".


Making Art BW
Making Art BW

Face Your Fears:  Tough topic-but I made this into 2 fears.
  I love shooting graffiti-but always have that sense of fear-normally I find graffiti in "sketchy" areas and feel I must have eyes in the back of my head and constantly aware.
Another fear....Art.  I'd like to make art, and do with photos, but feel I'm not creative enough to be the creator of the art, only able to capture someone else's creation. 
Jus' sayin' there's an intro to drawing class at the local college.  I may have to try.


A Wee Weed
A Wee Weed

Currently:  Currently-this is my fave time of year because of the amazing light.  Currently the weeds are thriving too.  Combining the two made sense.


Well, now on to that mowing/laundry/gym thing.  Hope there may be a little window for a nap too.  Have a fabulous day.

27 comments:

Deborah Tisch said...

I really like the texture image, and the story that goes with it. 20 years of restoration work? That's dedication. That old hinge is such a lovely design.

But that weed in your last shot is one of the reasons I sneeze this time of year...so...even thought the light is glorious, the focus superb, I have mixed feelings on that one. :-)

And, on your advice, I am spending money on extra gas today and going to visit the parents. Have a great weekend!

MG Atwood said...

Beautiful set. Love the texture. Jump into the drawing class with both feet, you may surprise yourself. Happy weekend.

Deanna said...

What a glorious set this week...it is hard to pick a fav but beneath your feet and the wee weed (love that light) are really great!!

thecoalminerandme.com said...

Susan, Thank you for visiting my blog. Your photos are simply lovely. Everyone of them.

Ms. Becky said...

I love Making Art. everything about it. you make art the way you know, with your camera. that hinge is beautiful.

Tamar SB said...

Gorgeous, as always stunning and profound! Love love love the light spots in your wee weed's picture! I agree, this year is the best for lighting!

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

YOU ARE MAKING ART AS YOU SHOOT! I HAVE MADE ART MOST OF MY LIFE, THE OTHER WAY. NOW I AM SIMPLY USING A DIFFERENT MEDIUM TO DO THE SAME THING WITH THE WONDERFUL NEW TECHY TOOLS WE HAVE. I LIKE TO THINK I AM MAKING ART, NOT JUST TAKING 'SNAPS'! YOUR PHOTOS CONVEY MUCH MORE THAN THAT!

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

I love the hinges, so pretty! I say go for it for the drawings! Unless it's graffiti art. :-) I always worry that I'm giving someone "cred" so I never post any identifying graffiti on my blog... although there's one area in the city that's more art than graffiti so I guess never say never.

That last shot is GORGEOUS too! Love the light and the weed. Happy Sunday to you Susan!

martinealison said...

Vous réussissez de si merveilleuses photos... Un véritable régal pour nos yeux et notre âme...
Gros bisous

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful set Susan - love your first and last photos. The lighting is wonderful.

Patti said...

Your decorative hinge is awesome!
Way to go facing those fears for the sake of the hunt! Love that shot!

ju-north said...

A great selection!

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

So in love with that hinge shot, there's just something about it that really speaks to me. Must be my love of texture. As for fears, I say face the fear and do it anyway. :0)

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I'm so lovin' that hinge and the textures in the paint.

I'm with you on the graffiti and I'm getting worse as I get older. Check out this blog:

http://www.scottfrederickphotoblog.com/

Cathy H. said...

As always, wonderful set!! I love the old hinge! In face, I love anything that captures a bit of history!! Love your first and last shots! There is so many tiny beautiful things that are just waiting to be discovered!!

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the way you interpret things, especially the weeds. Beautiful photos.
K

Linda said...

Your interpretations are always surprising - and always awesome! Loved the hings, and the weed...

Brooke said...

These are stunning! Seriously!! Love currently and facing fears!!

Francisca said...

They just don't make hinges and other decoratives like they used to... unless you go digging for them. Lovely series, today. I relate to your feelings on art/drawing/creativity... but I'm conflicted about graffiti.

Laloofah said...

This is a brilliant set, Sue! I really love the hinge and the weed, especially. And your narrative about the Trolley Car Museum trolley restoration was interesting. Do you know I never did make it to the museum when I lived there? Bad me!

A drawing class - that would be cool! You are a creative soul, aren't you? :-)

Bek said...

Your texture shot is amazing! And isn't that the truth, how gorgeous the light now is, especially combined with some grasses:)

Brenda said...

You are definitely a SH rock star. Love the yellows in "Farmhouse Yellow", the textures of the trolley hinge and the wee weed in your trademark glorious light. And yes, you should take that drawing class. Although you DO realize that your photographs are DEFINITELY art.

justine said...

love that last shot, I agree about the light and weeds this time of year! both seem to be filling my garden at the moment.

Leanne said...

nice shots, I particularly like the firs, nice to stop & look down sometimes.

James said...

Hi Susan. All is well here in Texas. :)

Great shots I especially like the bottom one. I've always considered you to be an artist.

Ross said...

Great shots! I really like the last photo of the weed. Everything about the shot is perfect. The lighting is fantastic!

Tezzie said...

So wonderful to see that your world has turned green, too :) Love that last shot...and the textured hinge is absolutely gorgeous <3