Pages

Followers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Scavenger Shmavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's hunt.  Thank you Ashley.










Weather is turning, days are long which is helping bring back the desire to pick up the camera a bit more.  I do push through the uninspired times, but those exciting flashes have been few and far between.  Hoping the coming weeks will bring more of them.  The SHS is a wonderful way to stay out of my head and focus on the challenge.



Evening Blues {19/52}
Evening Blues

Rainbow:  Saw no rainbows, found no pot of gold; ran into zero over sized multi-colored lollipops, and have no colorful kids toys to ransack.  So, an image with a mini-rainbow of colors.
And NO this blue burst was not for me.

Gift of Spring
Gift of Spring

Fluffy:  I kind of forgot about "fluffy" this week.  Looking through my images-well, there ain't no fluff.  Everything seems to have a hard edge.  Made me curious...so I went back a few months.  Still no fluff.  I need to soften up I guess.  These pinks will have to do.



Taking Notes
Taking Notes

Letters:  Just finished up my advanced digital imaging class.  I took lots of notes-the old fashioned way.  Works for me.


Kick the Can {19/52}
Kick the Can

Metal:  OMG I love this image.  It's OK if you don't-it's quirky.  After taking a bunch of charming lobster boats, pretty spring flowers, and rustic fences and sheds-I need me some grunge. Visiting an old abandoned mill works.  Scrunge and grunge.  Yah.


Flowering Tree
Flowering Tree

Tree(s):  This might be a lilac-but a tall one.  If not, there's a bunch of trees in the background to cover me. Went out to list a house this week and take boring real estate like pictures, but then I snuck in a few for me too.  Hope I sells it soon.....that would be nice, for me, and the owner.


Thanks for stopping by the SHS.  If this is a link up you've been thinking about trying, I recommend that you do.  Always fun and all are welcome.  Take a try. You'll like it.

19 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Totally digging the kick the can picture! Way way cool!

Deborah L. Tisch said...

Rainbow was difficult for me to come up with, too. Your rainbow of colors is very creative. I really really like that urban grungy image with the kicked can...nicely done!

martinealison said...

J'aime l'ensemble de vos photos comme toujours!! mais celle avec les fleurs de ciboulette j'adore!
Peut-être aussi parce que j'adore cette plante... J'ai planté de la ciboulette au pieds de mes rosiers afin d'éviter qu'ils aient la maladie... et cela marche!
Gros bisous à vous.

Karen said...

Absolutely love your metal shot! Great composition. And the base color of the can pops against the background!

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

The 'kick the can' shot is to die for.

Brooke said...

Susan - you killed it this week. I love your set.... all very creative. So glad those flashing lights weren't after you. LOL.

MG Atwood said...

Nice set. Love kick the can, and the tree shot is fabulous! Have a great week.

Ms. Becky said...

ooh, I have more than one favorite here. I really like Taking Notes for the perspective and shiny, repetitive pattern. Evening Blues I like because I love blurred images and those spots of light are very cool. Kick the Can - perfection in grunge. Right up my alley for subject matter. I put this one at the top of my list. I like Flowering Tree very much because it makes me want to explore that scene. The place looks charming and the photo is a real tease. happy Sunday to you my friend. Cheers.

Carol Blackburn said...

Kick the can, huh......do they have that one on the computer for kids these days? And how would one play that in cyberspace anyway. Ahhh, the good old days!

Kim Cunningham said...

These are great! I liked them all. Kick the can is very intriguing.

Lori said...

Awesome take! Love them!

Linda said...

I like the way you think...always different and interesting! Love the Fluffy Flowers...

Brenda said...

Oh, yes - LOVE that "Kick the Can" image. Great low POV and of course all that abandonment and decay plus wonderful storytelling. Hope you enjoyed your class - looking forward to seeing your digital creations - with you showing off all your new skills.

Ashley Sisk said...

Such a gorgeous collection - I really love your first and last shots.

dailyvisualinspiration said...

Wow, such gorgeous pictures! I especially love the first one. Great job!

Kathy said...

YOWZA....TOTALLY, TOTALLY, TOTALLY (did I mention TOTALLY?) love that can photo! The angle, perspective, gritty setting....fabulous!

Nancy said...

Loving the can (can't make out what it says...) and the last photo. Thinking not lilacs but close to chokecherries, but not chokecherries. Okay, that was a big help! :)

Cathy H. said...

Oh, these are great, Susan!! Love the letters shot! Your POV is fantastic! Also, love the metal shot! I like grungy and quirky!! Great POV of this one also!! I can see you down on the street!!

Marji {RainCityGirl} said...

Pure awesomeness. Really! I'm with you, the grunge pic is terrific. And... i take notes the old fashioned way too. Great collection.