Pages

Followers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Scavenger

Sunday.  Making time for the SHS before honoring the MOM.









Walkin' and Talkin' BW
Walkin' and Talkin'

Sidewalk:  What is it Ashley says?  Oh yes, Captain Obvious.  Love that.  Just like when I show houses, very bad form to say "this is the kitchen".  Yah.  So here's a guy walking....you know where.

View From Every Table
View From Every Table

Inspiring:  OK, fessing up that I get inspired to take photos-and sometimes I can't figure out why I "must" stop and do so.  I've passed this 3 times and wanted to stop.  Finally did.  There's something so lonely, empty, and vast about this scene.  I'll have to go back when they're open.  Maybe they have really good hot dogs.

Weed at the Falls
Weed at the Falls

Time:  My favorite time of day.....when the late day sun is just right.  So right that most anything can look beautiful.

Window Box {18/52}
Window Box

Close Up:  Colorful pansies outside a store front.

Go Lady Go
Go Lady Go

This is an enormous "outside the box" interpretation, but I'm going with it.

With a Mirror:  A little scooter with a mirror....even two. This woman kind of cracked me up zipping through town the other night.  Had to grab a quick snap.  There's that funky inspiration thing again.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I am not a mom, but wishing all those who are a happy and love filled day.

19 comments:

Sandy said...

I love the woman with mirror...
we have one woman in our town on a
pink bike with a basket and her little
dog in it... so sweet!
Thanks for the moms day wishes...
Sandy

seabluelee said...

Weed at the Falls is beautiful, but the one that grabbed me this week is View From Every Table. Great title! What's fascinating are those shadows cast across the sky from (I assume) small clouds that are out of the frame on the right. It looks like rays beaming onto that location. There are probably aliens involved and "hotdogs" is just a cover.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Wonderful snapshots! Love the weed picture, beautiful! Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Carol Blackburn said...

Hey Susan, great shots. Hope your day was teriffic.

Deborah L. Tisch said...

I really got a kick out of seabluelee's take on the hotdog place...aliens and all that. Made me smile! You're gonna have to check it out and let us know.

My favorite is "time". Love that light and how you captured it.

Leanne said...

I really like your take on mirror, your are right, she does have 2 mirrors! I also like your favourite time of day shot..the light is beautiful & I think it's my favourite time of day as well.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I like walkin' and talkin' and weed at the falls.

Linda said...

Aside from the quality of your photography, the thing I enjoy the most, when visiting you, is your sometimes quirky interpretations! Always fun to see where your mind goes. Great work! And congratulations on winning on Ashley's blog!

Tamar SB said...

These are all great! Love them all!! And congrats on winning Ashley's giveaway!

Brenda said...

Great series (per usual) - your personality always shines through. Love the vastness and emotional resonance of "View from every Table" - you certainly have captured that feeling of loneliness with this scene. And of course, your skills with the golden light can make a weed gorgeous. The lady on the scooter is a real hoot.

Brooke said...

Susan - you had a great set this week. Love your inspiring shot. I drive around and WANT to stop too. Usually don't because I almost always late getting a kid to something :D

Ashley Sisk said...

I"m loving your collection this week - I feel like you really put so much intent behind your photos. I especially love your inspiring shot. There's a story there...just waiting to be told.

Cathy H. said...

I always enjoy your intrepretations and dialog! Love the weed, such gorgeous light!! The inspiring shot has such a story to tell! Glad that you finally stopped and captured it!

Barefoot Blue Jean Life said...

Great photos and intrepretations.

HI Carter said...

What a wonderful set:-) haha the lady on the scooter so great! your time shot is so very beautiful.

Ms. Becky said...

it's difficult to choose a fave, each photo is superb in so many ways. initially Walkin' was my fave, then Inspiring, and...well, now they all are. you're still the master light-gatherer. hope you had a fun mom's day. I beg to differ - you're mom to Princess P and Tula Dot. happy week to you my friend.

Linda R said...

That inspire shot is amazing. I totally agree with you about the feel of the space.. It does look so lonely and empty.. VERY COOL!!

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Love what inspires you! The light shot (time) is gorgeous!

Francisca said...

This is such a great meme and I like what you do with it, Susan. The composition of walkin-talkin and the DOF and light in weeds by the falls are my favorites. But I like anything that inspires you; you rarely disappoint (I'd say never, but I never say never: LOL!). When I get back to a more civilized space, I'll have to join you with this one.