Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Scavenger in Gray

Linking with Ashley today for Scavenger Hunt Sunday.







I'm not sure if I'm linking with Ashley for the Scavenger Hunt or procrastinating going to the gym, or perhaps the motivation is two-fold.  Never-the-less, link I will, or am, or something.  Another series of drab and drizzly days has made it difficult to feel motivated to take the camera out and about, but for the Scavenger you gotta "make it work".  Please, send sun.



Break in the Clouds BW
Break in the Clouds

Shine:  OK, here's a moment.  Pulled right to the shoulder of a busy street to grab this.  Make hay when the sun shines....or make pictures when the sun shines.  Same concept.


Rainy Day
Rainy Day

Fast:  Fast asleep.  Smart cat.  I should follow suit.


Sudoku BW
Sudoku

Left:  Just a few spaces left.  What is it about these puzzles?  While I don't do them every day, I kind of enjoy them.  Check it out, I'm on the "Beware!  Very Challenging"  level.  Perhaps there is an addiction issue here.


Trees
Trees

Peace:  Fog has a way of making everything look so still.  Somehow I equate stillness with peacefulness.  Should the fog move along, I wouldn't mind being a little less peaceful.



Near the Horse Farm
Near the Horse Farm

Plain:  Plain old ordinary buttercups. It was still a gray day when I shot this, but the dancing buttercups provided a bit of "sun" and cheer.


Thanks for stopping by with a sunny hello for my gray collection.  Gray collection...that sounds like something I could offer on Project Runway.  "Designers, I'm sending in your models".   I love Tim Gunn. 
Have a great day.

30 comments:

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Gorgeous grays! Hope you get some sunshine soon. Love the buttercup shot, and Sudoku is perfect for a rain day!

Linda said...

Well, whatever your reason...I am glad you still snap photos when you are in the mood! Yours are always interesting, and your commentary helps me understand your thoughts...sort of! Always fun, anyway! Sending you thoughts of sun...hoping you get it!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Aren't buttercup's amazing? They pop even on the dreariest day.

Brooke said...

There are way worse things to be addicted too! I love me some sudoku too. And love the dozing kitty and your plain flowers - btw - they aren't really all that plain, they're fantastic!!!!

sandee said...

It was very pleasing to the eye to have the grey soothing pictures followed up by a bright shot of yellow! Loved them all :) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

MG Atwood said...

Nice collection. I especially love those last two shots..sweet little buttercups!

Tamar SB said...

I am like that cat and just want to curl up in a ball while this rain passes. Hope you stay dry!

Alex said...

Love the buttercups! Your peace shot makes me want to visit my grandparents...their place has always been really peaceful to me.

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful set - I love the first two shots.

Deborah Tisch said...

Love that fast asleep kitty...and those buttercups are so bright and cheery.

TheChieftess said...

LOVE the shot of the kitty!!!

Holly said...

Love your plain shot. So beautiful! And the kitty is cute too. Makes me want to take a nap.

Leanne said...

Love 'fast asleep', clever & a lovely shot.
I quite like a sudoku myself, they can be a bit tricky though.

Laloofah said...

That first shot makes your grey, rainy days worthwhile (she said from afar, where she basks in warm sunshine). But really, "Break in the Clouds" is a definite prize!

And you're quite right about the buttercups being little dollops of sunshine, no matter the weather. What a great color!

Wishing you sunny days as bright as buttercups soon! xoxo

Jess said...

"Gray Collection", yes, you're on to something there! You were creative with what you had to work with, and I think that's a huge part of the reason for this whole exercise. Wishing you lots of sun for next week!

Sarah Halstead said...

These are beautiful. Love your kitty and that last one.

dailyvisualinspiration said...

What a lovely set, enjoyed them all! The first one is my favorite, I think. The trees in peace picture look quite melancholic for some reason.

Tezzie said...

Oh, I love 'plain old' wild flowers! Great buttercup image <3 I really love 'peace'...and your interpretation of 'fast' is fabulous (and adorable <3)

Rebecca said...

Beautiful cloud shot, but I love the trees too.

Kathy said...

Hey my friend...your creativity never ceases to amaze me. I LOVE your "left" shot....and for the record, you have a lot less left than ME when it comes to Sudoko!

smiles, Sharon said...

Hi Susan, me again, months behind. I definitely took a blog break as two months with family STUFF, rather took the fun away. I always love seeing your blog. You are so dog gone funny....the Left shot is just plain clever clever clever. Most of us just thought Left vs. right, but not you. You just think different, which I adore....never know what you are going to post or even more fun, what you are going to say. Always keep photographing and writing...you make a lot of people very very happy. smiles sharon

lisa. said...

These are wonderful Susan!
I especially love "Left."
We are having our string of rainy days this week.
They say no relief until Friday. :-(

P.S. Yes, I am done teaching for the summer! :-)

Ross said...

Great shots! I like them all but I especially like break in the clouds. I keep thinking that I should get involved in scavenger hunt. Looking forward to more great shots!

justine said...

well you've managed to make your grey shots looks fantastic, these are lovely moody shots and as they say, grey is the new black

Cathy H. said...

This is the most beautiful "gray collection" I've ever seen! I love how your persevered through rain and fog and met this challenge! :)

Linda R said...

Such great shots.. That kitty curled up in front of the window Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!!

Laura said...

beautiful images, and exceptional commentary.

Brenda said...

Gray days or not, you always manage to pull together something interesting and beautiful - like those dancing buttercups, spots of sunshine.

seabluelee said...

Susan, your "Gray Collection" glows with quiet color. I love every one of these, but "Rainy Day" is my favorite, followed closely by "Trees". And the buttercups really do provide a dose of sunshine.

ZielonaMila said...

Beautiful climatic photographs. I am greeting