Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Scavenger on Sunday

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday....my ritual.  Thanks to our lovely hostess.








Fence Line
Fence Line

Warped:  A lovely old fence-warped in many places.

Push Play
Push Play

Concentric Circles:  This is going to have to work.  I have this little shuffle and a bigger ipod as well.  I don't listen much, but on good hearing days I enjoy finding some fave tunes.


Cog Wheel {21/52}
Cog Wheel

Gear:  Yup.  This works.
Funny, "gear" is a word my father uses often, but in an odd way....if you're going to the beach he might ask "you got your gear?" and that means a towel.  I could have pictured almost anything and had it meet my father's interpretation of gear.

It's the Humidity
It's the Humidity

Glazed:  Stretching here....the air was "glazed" with sticky moisture this week? 


Water the Lawn
Water the Lawn

Marble:  Doesn't it look like my friend has some "mini" marbles on her bracelet?  Doesn't it?  C'mon work with me here.....I've been wicked busy, and I really like this water shot too.


That's if from "the Ears".  I think I have just enough time to do one more SHS before I shove off to Cuba.  Don't tell anyone, but I'm going to have to do it on Friday or Saturday, but it's totally worth it.  Looking forward to this week's topics.  Have a great rest of the weekend.



21 comments:

Kathryn said...

Love the images you chose for this weeks prompts, the colors in the cog wheel shot are just gorgeous.

Brooke said...

I knew you would come up with some great shots for these prompts... they seemed very Susan-ish to me ;D Love your warped! And your circles. And your marble shot counts - way closer than mine ;D hee.

Tamar SB said...

Now that is a warped fence! Love the watering the lawn shot! Have a fabulous Sunday, we finally have perfect weather!

Debbie said...

haha...i love your creativity!! i need more of that!!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Quite a contrast of subjects, the shuffle really pops. The fence resembles my neighbor's, which sometimes drive me nuts, but does provide many a photo op. Cogs is awesome.

Linda said...

I love your shots, as always, Susan! I know you are excited, getting ready for your trip. I am really looking forward to seeing LOTS of photos! Have a great week!

Linda R said...

These are really great shots.. All of them. That warped fence has to be my favorite..

Kay L. Davies said...

Love the fence, Susan. And your interpretations of the prompt words are always fabulous.
SO looking forward to reading about your trip to Cuba. We talk about it from time to time, but Canadians have been holidaying there for a long time, so I think we think it's too ordinary. Instead, we've planned our next voyage — crossing the Atlantic in February. No, not from Halifax to London. From Miami to Venice. Sounds warmer, right? Something like 18 days, most of them at sea. Buy shares in whatever mega-corporation makes Gravol.
K

Cathy H. said...

Your fence image is my favorite! I have a soft spot for old falling down fences! Also, love the cog wheel; great textures! Enjoy your trip to Cuba!

urban muser said...

love that fence shot, it's amazing. and wow, you're going to cuba? fantastic. my brother just came back from there and he can't stop talking about it--he got some amazing photos and i know you will too!

Nadege, said...

I too love the fence shot. Wonderful series.

Ida said...

Very good set. My favorite was the Warped fence followed closely behind by your Marble shot with the water.

Ida said...

Very good set. My favorite was the Warped fence followed closely behind by your Marble shot with the water.

Francisca said...

It's a;ways fun to see how you interpret the prompts, Susan. The warped fence gets the top spot for me this week... but marbles gets it for creative interpretation. Maybe my age, but "get your gear" sounds perfectly right to me! So have you packed YOUR gear yet?

Brenda said...

Glad that even with all your travel-related hoopla you had time to scavenge this week, sharing with us another set of lovely images. Love "Fence Line" and its focus - the way the foreground and background are soft, pointing us right to that lovely disintegration. And yes, I will completely accept your "marble" shot - because the water spray is fantastic.

Ashley Sisk said...

Great set - I especially like your warped photo!

gina said...

This is a fun set of images! I love the cog wheel -- amazing colors!

Shannon said...

nice shots! Love the first one! http://bellabeanphoto.com/Blog/#

Lisa Gordon said...

Oh my goodness, that fence is the BEST!!
Truly a beautiful photograph.
xo.

Anita Johnson said...

Love that fence!

seabluelee said...

Me too...love the fence, I mean. Great set, and I think all your interpretations work very well. Love your Shuffle, my fave color! Maybe next week we'll be seeing scavenger pics from far far away?