Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Scavenger Time

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  I've said it before, if you're sitting on the sidelines thinking this looks fun and you should give it a try; you're right.  You should.








Since I found out a week ago that I'll be going to Cuba in 2 weeks, I've been super crazy busy running around trying to get things ordered, purchased, borrowed, etc.  Progress has been made, but there's still a lot to do, and I'm a smidge stressed.  If I'm planned ahead of time, then I can relax and know everything is OK.  I want to thank all of you that stopped by with best wishes, super helpful tips, and jealousy.  Much appreciated.

Taking some down time before revving up to tackle today's list.  SHS is always a welcome diversion.  Was it just me, or was this a tricky, yet creative list this week?


Easel
Easel

Meet Me at the Corner:  Likely a lame interpretation for this, but I do like all the colorful dried paint on this childs' easel.  It's such a delight that children choose such vivid colors.  What happens to us?  I guess we move up to flowers.



Virtual Vacation
Virtual Vacation

Mother Nature Meets Technology:  From the deep and dark files of the archives.  A photo my friend sent me when I was stuck in winter filled Maine and he was in Puerto Rico.  Hmmm.  Friend?

Sometimes I'm Still 12
Sometimes I'm Still 12

One Step at a Time:  Playing on the town hall stairs.

Trespass
Trespass

What's Wrong with this Picture:  My brother often says "but is it enforceable?"
Quick little selfie over at the RR tracks...I could have smiled a bit-that's wrong too.

Railing {23/52}
Railing

Standing Tall:  Still playing on the town hall stairs.  Hasn't a girl got anything better to do?


Well off to take care of the list of chores and more Cuba prep.  Thanks for stopping by to say hi and have a wonderful day.

23 comments:

Deanna said...

It was a struggle for me this week to capture all of the challenges, you have some great ones, I especially like that railing pic with all that rust!!

MG Atwood said...

Nice set. Really like the perspective on the last shot.

Lori said...

The child's easel makes me happy. So does playing on the stairs and railroad trespassing. Very fun photos!

Brooke said...

And that sign even says NO HUNTING.... You were clearly breaking all the rules! You rebel, you!! Good luck prepping for your trip.... Jealous!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great snapshots! Love the colors on that easel. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Linda R said...

This week was though.. but you managed to get some great shots. The DOF on your Standing tall shot look great!

Tamar SB said...

Great shots! Love your selfie, little rule breaker, eh! Hope the prep is going as well as it can!

Tamar SB said...

Great shots! Love your selfie, little rule breaker, eh! Hope the prep is going as well as it can!

Katie said...

Wow loved your shots this week! Awesome interpretations!

Brenda said...

Even in your travel-prep state of stress, you still managed to pull together a great set. (and yes, I too am jealous of your upcoming trip!)

Linda said...

Wonderful interpretations again, Susan! I know you are super excited and busy...glad you took time to play today!

S. Etole said...

Hope your travel plans go well. Enjoyed your series of photos.

Kathy said...

OOOOOOH...that last shot of the railing is gorgeous. The texture, the DOF, the bokeh in the background....perfect!

Scrappy Grams said...

my fave was the easel, missing children's art! waiting patiently for Myah (will be 2 in Oct.) to be able to paint, draw, etc.

martinealison said...

Un très joli panel de photos... Bravo !

Gros bisous à vous.

Nadege, said...

I love the perspective on the railing. Fantastic set.
Enjoy Cuba.

Ross said...

Great photos! Hope your putting together all the last minute details for your big trip in two weeks.

justine said...

oh I am so envious of you going to cuba AND being a photographer, wow that is exciting. what a brilliant chance! I love your scavenger shots too.

Ashley Sisk said...

Wonderful set - I hope you have a fantastic time in Cuba!

Lisa Gordon said...

Susan, these are wonderful!
I especially love "Easel," and your selfie!
I hope you've had a wonderful beginning to your week!

Cathy H. said...

These prompts were challenging!! I never found the time to complete them this week...I'm regretting that!! Your photos were all so creative!! I love the self-portrait and the rail in the last one!!!

Francisca said...

Hip hip hurray!! She's packing her bags!! Cuba, hah, sounds like a cliche but you're going to a land of contrasts... and history. Your camera will adore it. I see you're on a job, but if you can, walk off the the beaten paths... find a little of the real Cuba, not the tourist's Cuba. A smile is the international language of connections (and will get you out of most situations); most people everywhere are kind. Remember, everything that happens is part of the story. Relax. Keep your senses wide open. And, be sure NOT to pack ANY expectations! Or come home thinking you've understood anything. Oh, I hope I'm not sounding preachy... just so excited for you, Susan! Can't wait to see (in words and pics) all about it.

One final thing: as you're leaving the house, do a final check. 1. 2. 3. Three things you must have - ticket, passport and money. And today I might add camera bag with accessories all packed. :-) Accept that you WILL forget something and it doesn't matter.

[I see scrolling back to look at your past posts that it's been some time since we connected. It's been crazy busy for me. Wasn't blogging at all when you broke your exciting news.

My greetings come to you from Hong Kong... on my way for a home-break in Manila. Heaven knows where I'll be when you get back.]

Mira Crisp said...

Cuba is one of the places I would like to see soon. I hope you have a wonderful time there! I like this set of photos but the easel one is a winning one for me. I love it!