Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Speedy Quick Scavenger

Linking with Ashley today for the Scavenger Hunt.







Really busy, busy day....so making my stop at the SHS a quick one.

Suzie
Suzie

Travel:  This is my friend Suzie who visited all last week from England.  She traveled here....and left yesterday and traveled back home.  It has been 4 years since I've had a vacation-sadly, me gots no travel pics.  Fingers crossed...maybe soon.



Squish
Squish

Silly:  I didn't execute this very well....I think the focus would be better on the hand, but the idea is silly and I can try again.  Plenty of houses around.

Dockside BW
Dockside BW

Black and White:  Lobster boat tied at the wharf.  I liked this with a little blue tint.

Slow Crawl
Slow Crawl

Spots:  These are snails taken from above looking down toward a tidal pool.  All those "spots" are barnacles.  You see barnacles everywhere-especially near the low tide mark (and on the bottom of your boat).

Pink Pencil
Pink Pencil

Paper:  Confessing this is from waaaayyyyy back in the stacks, but it is newly processed and well, I like it.



Thank you to Ashley for being a wonderful hostess (isn't she the best?) and to you for stopping by for a peek at this weeks takes.  Now on to that long "to do" list.  Have a great day.

19 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Love your silly shot! I am dying to try something like this!

MG Atwood said...

Nice collection. silly is so creative..I have a hard time with those kind of shots! Love the snails, and paper. Happy week!

Deborah Tisch said...

Susan,

That dockside black and white is positively wonderful. The blue tint makes it even better.

I don't know...maybe this is a Good addiction to have...

Deanna said...

So nice that you were able to visit with your friend..your silly shot is great, I would have never thought of that. Love that b&w shot and your pink pencil is really nice. Love the focus.

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography said...

I love these- especially the squish one. Very clever!

Patti said...

Love your black and white!
Nice work!

Cathy H. said...

Wonderful set!! The squish is so fun! I need to try that! I love how the black and white brought out all the textures, especially on the rope!!

Kathy said...

Haha...creativity points for your "silly" shot...love it. But your b/w is over the top fabulous!

Leanne said...

Love, love love the B & W. Hope you get all your jobs done!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I love the textures of the rope in Dockside. The grass in the background adds an element of loneliness.

Nancy Claeys said...

Takes me back to the "I'm crushing your head," days -- silly girl! Love all the shots, Susan. xoxo

Brooke said...

Susan - I love your black and white of the rope - very neat. And the shells too. These have a very nautical feel this week!

Linda said...

That silly shot was great! And, I loved the rope...I have taken some shots of knots and such - I always love knots. Hope you get a vacation soon!

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Susan, how nice for you to see an old friend. Great shots.

Kathryn said...

Great pics Susan, I love how your explore and experiment. I need to do that more.

Brenda said...

Susan - your "speedy quick" is better than most people's "slow and planned". Love the dockside monochrome - such lovely blue tones.

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Love these, especially the dockside. You never would guess they were speedy quick picks.

Ashley Sisk said...

I actually love the way you executed silly - very cool.

seabluelee said...

Not sure why, but for some reason Pink Pencil is my fave this week. :)