Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Scavenger Hunt

Linking up with Ashley for Scavenger Hunt Sunday















....last chance to link up before heading off to Cuba.  It will seem so strange to be unplugged from phone and internet.  Likely very freeing as well. 

When I traveled to Croatia in 2007, upon return I chose to give up watching any news or reading the paper.  Must say-haven't missed it a bit.  All the big stories you hear about anyway.  Try it, you might like it.  Be interesting to see what changes will happen after this trip.



Sweet Summer
Sweet Summer

Sunset:  Me got no sunsets of late.  What?  I love this time of year for its late day light, but I haven't been staying out late enough for sunsets.  Here's a fishing boat caught in the light of the sun heading down.

Big Sister
Big Sister

Sweet:  This was an image I took about a year ago and never processed.  I thought this moment between sister and brother on a ferry boat was very touching.

Barn Door {25/52}
Barn Door

Hanging Around:  Hanging vines.  Yes, I put on the brakes and backed up to get this shot.  Is it not an idealistic view of rural life? 

Looking for French Fries
Looking for French Fries

Funny Face:  These gulls know how to work the tourists.   The tourists don't seem to know that they're scavengers.  This gull tho' had rather an endearing look, but I didn't feed him.

Maine Woods {25/52}
Maine Woods

Space:  Sometimes I forget what a beautiful state I live in.  This rarely traveled dirt road was peaceful early on a Saturday morning.  Not another soul around in miles of woods; but plenty of hungry mosquitoes.

That's it.  Another Scavenger Hunt in the bag.  Thanks for stopping by.  Save my place while I'm gone.  I'll catch you in two.


18 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That barn door is amazing! I agree with the sunsets, besides this whole living on the east coast makes it a bit harder!

Leanne said...

barn door is gorgeous! and I love the space shot too!

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan.......stay safe!

Kay L. Davies said...

Super photos, Susan, especially the cute gull. Yes, gulls can be cute, and I love them.
After a lifetime in the newspaper and printing industry, I stopped watching news and reading newspapers years ago, and I don't miss them, either. As you said, someone will tell us about the big stories.
Hasta la vista.
K

Rosie Grey said...

Thanks so much for your wonderful message on my blog! It's so good to be back, even if it's only in small steps :-)
I've read that you are headed for Cuba - wow, what amazing news! And what's even more amazing is that you are still able to put up such great photos for Scavenger Hunt!! Safe travels and enjoy your time there! And I can't wait to see your photos from Cuba!

Rosie Grey said...

Thanks so much for your wonderful message on my blog! It's so good to be back, even if it's only in small steps :-)
I've read that you are headed for Cuba - wow, what amazing news! And what's even more amazing is that you are still able to put up such great photos for Scavenger Hunt!! Safe travels and enjoy your time there! And I can't wait to see your photos from Cuba!

Brenda said...

So you left us with another lovely scavenger set to remember you by while you are off traveling the world. Well done - again. All beautiful images from the gull's expression (do birds HAVE expressions?) to the barn door covered in vines to the orange glow of the setting sun. Beautiful, my friend.

S. Etole said...

All of these are just terrific. That barn door is especially appealing. Blessings as you travel.

TheChieftess said...

Nice shots...very descriptive of the challenges!

Have a wonderful time in Cuba!!!

Linda said...

Always love seeing what you come up with - some really great photos in this bunch. Have safe travels - will be looking for you when you get back!

Rose said...

You are so dang talented!! I love all the images!

Being unplugged is freeing!

Have a great time in Cuba!

Nadege, said...

Wow, they are all fantastic...I love the barn shot and the kids, very sweet.

Anita Johnson said...

I feel cooler just looking at the wooded scene! Beautiful! Happy 4th.

Lisa Gordon said...

Wonderful images, Susan.
i especially love "Sweet Summer."

Gilly said...

Some lovely shots, Susan. I really like the one of the brother and sister.

I have an embargo on news as well. I don't read newspapers, don't watch news on TV, don't listen to it on radio - haven't done for years. There's research to show that watching news reports of troubling things actually damages your immune system by lowering the amount of T-cells in the blood (or something like that). I always hear about the important stuff one way or another.

Mosquitoes are a menace in these parts too. I've been told that Avon's Skin-So-Soft lotion stops them biting. Hard to believe, but several different people have told me it works like a charm.

Hope you're having a whale of a time in Cuba; look forward to hearing about when you get back.

Marji {RainCityGirl} said...

What a gorgeous set for Scavenger Hunt. You are right.. Maine is a beautiful state. I've never been there, but your photos make me want to make the trek.

Carol Blackburn said...

Bon Voyage my blogger friend, stay safe and shoot lots of Cuban scenery if you can. I hope you are allowed to blog and show some video of your group too. Did you pack your old Chevy parts for sale????

smiles, Sharon said...

I so agree about going without internet and phone. We just returned from the NC mountains..AGAIN...love that place. And we were surprised to have so little service of any kind. We also went to CRoatia...then we went interior and traveled a bit....loved that country...devastated to see the destruction that is still left. All this hatred and bigotry just moves around the world one place to another.

But we did get amazing photographs which I treasure.

Susan you should come to NC and stay with me and use our home as a base, then go up into the mountains for a few days. It is absolutely gorgeous and so inspiring. You could bring a friend. Or maybe someday we could do a house swap. That would be a cool idea for photographers to swap locations. Would you like to organize it??????????

smiles for sure. sharon