Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Scavenging

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.










Finally a weekend off!  Woot.  Twelve days in a row without one to yourself is just too much.  Today is going to be a me day to spend/waste in whatever way I see fit.  Isn't that the bomb?


In Peg's Garden
In Peg's Garden

Paint:  OK, so this is not paint, nor does it look like paint.  It's pretty.  I tried to remember how to do a "painterly" technique I learned in class last spring.  I think I need to review the notes.


Green
Green

Green:  Ferns are always such a lush color green.  Pretty common around here in the woods and in north facing areas.



Watching You
Watching You

Eyelashes:  How can one not take a photo of this?   From a gazebo on a hillside overlooking a cove.  Always watching I guess.


Gate E2
Gate E2

Shapes:  Love these silhouette shapes from the Miami airport.

Layered Sky
Layered Sky

Clouds:  I simply have not taken in enough sunsets of late.  Glad I caught this one on Friday night.


Confessing to a little raiding of the back stacks to get this one done, but pleased to say I've been out and about with my camera a little more this week.  For those who know Tula....her stitches are coming out on Monday-been taking it easy at home with my girl.  It doesn't feel right sneaking out to take photos without my companion.  Soon she's allowed a 1/4 mile walk...oh the places we'll go.

Have a great day and a great week too.  Thanks for stopping by.

18 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Love your eyelashes!! We are pushing the envelope 1 scav hunt as a time!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great snapshots! The clouds are awesome. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Rainey said...

Yes, I'm glad I have company in the "paint" department too! Lovely shots! That "eyelashes" one is a cool find. I'm going to need to go on more excursions to find stuff like that.

Lori said...

Eyelashes is very cool! Great collection!

Linda said...

Liked them all but those eyelashes were a great find! And the sunset - we have to go somewhere to see a sunrise or sunset - too many houses, trees, power lines, etc. around the house! Just went out this morning to the oceanfront to get the sunrise - left home at 4:30am!

MG Atwood said...

Such a pretty hunt this week. Love that painted daisy. Nice job.

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

You always have such great interpretations! I love they eyelash one! So glad to hear Tula is doing well and will be soon ready for more photo walks.

TheChieftess said...

I rather like Gate E2!!! The silhouettes against the bright window work marvelously!!! Not to say that I don't love the eyelash!!!

Cathy H. said...

I always love your unique finds for SHS, such as those eyelashes!! Great find!! I also love that gorgeous sky filled with such vibrant colors!! Excellent set!!

Kathryn said...

Love these shots. The eye is such a find and I love the silhouettes and sunset pics. Hopefully Tula is healing well and gets to grow some hair back soon. Hugs x

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

You always have great cool finds Susan. Love that amazing sunset that's quite a sight!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Coneflowers are among my favorites. 'Watching you' is cool in so many ways!

Katie said...

Great shots!! I especially love your eyelash shot!

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan.....glad to hear Tula is on the mend.

Nadege, said...

A great collection...hugs for Tula.

Brenda said...

Glad to hear that you finally earned a weekend off and that you will soon be hitting the road with Tula. As always,great set. Love that grafitti eye with its beautiful long lashes. And love the way you've captured the "hurry-up-and-wait" aspect of airline travel with "Gate E2".

seabluelee said...

Sheesh, you had a vacation, now you think you should get a weekend off too? Yes, you're right, you deserve it. You've celebrated it in fine style with a great SHS set. I'm glad to hear Tula's getting well. I was going to ask!

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm loving your compositions this week - you did really well on vacation. gorgeous work.