Pages

Followers

Friday, July 20, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Linking with the awesome James for this weeks Weekend Reflections.  Thank you maestro.


While in Cuba out of necessity I had to do a lot of shooting with bright midday sun. Not my favorite. I do have some reflection shots-but still inching my way through the 4,000+ pics.  I think it may be awhile.  It seems like such a fun idea to shoot a gazillion pics; not so much when it's time to edit.


So, thought I share some pre-Cuba images I took while I was giving the rental lenses a little practice time.  Boy am I missing them.  A lot.  If only I had $1500 to spend.  Lottery anyone?




Dory at Low Tide {26/52}
Dory at Low Tide

There are 3 dories strung together that appear in summer months near tourist hotspot Kennebunkport.  Me thinks they put them there to lure tourists cameras.  I took the bait as well....I love the muted reflections behind from the other side of the river.


Morning
Morning

Somehow shooting waterlilies is nearly a guarantee of getting a favorable image.

Pink in the Pond
Pink in the Pond

See?.....

Backpack Selfie
Backpack Selfie

A selfie.  Why not? 
Had to buy that big bag to get all the "stuff" I needed to Cuba.  Yikes.  Love the bag, but don't anticipate needing something so large again.  Then again, you never know-there's the gorgeous 24-70mm 2.8 that I'm missing, she said longingly.


Happy reflective weekend to all.

17 comments:

Nefertiti said...

grosse preference pour l avant derniere,tres reussi,bravo !

Linda said...

What great shots - especially love the dory...and the lotus...so glad to have you back!

Sylvia K said...

Terrific reflections for the day, Susan! Gorgeous flower and I do love the boat! Good to see you back! Hope you have a great weekend!

Catherine said...

that first shot is a real winner...

Kay L. Davies said...

Super shots, Susan. I love the dory.
K

Brenda said...

Susan,
That first reflection - of the dory - has to be one of my all-time favorites, among a host of favorites. The perfection of that reflection - matching shape to shape is amazing. And then the abstract reflections beyond. A winner all around. And I can't imagine having 4000 images to review and edit and make decisions about. But hurry up and get some ready for us to see - I'm waiting with bated breath for my view into Susan's Cuba.

James said...

Excellent reflections, especially the top one. Wow!

Leanne said...

These are beautiful, love the stillness of the top one, and the blur of your selfie.

Linda R said...

Such a great reflection in that first shot. Looks like you had some fun with that lens. I have been thinking about renting a 100mm macro lens. We shall see..

Valerie said...

That first image (of the Dory) is fantastic! A gorgeous blend of colours and textures. And the 2nd shot of the water lily is gorgeous - soft, delicate tones. Thanks for sharing.

S. Etole said...

What wonderfully clear reflections.

Carol Blackburn said...

Gotta have them water lillies...OMG they are so beautiful. I love seeing them in the local ponds.

NatureFootstep said...

beautiful reflection of the rowing boat. And the last one is cool. :)

JM said...

I love to see good shots of Water Lilies. These are fantastic! Also love the simplicity and beauty of the top pic. Well done.

Kathryn said...

So in love with those water lilies. Gorgeous.

Rosie Grey said...

Such gorgeous captures, Susan - I love them!

seabluelee said...

Love that gorgeous dory image...makes me so homesick I could cry!