Pages

Followers

Friday, August 31, 2012

August Selfie Check In

Worker Bee
Worker Bee



In The Picture


Linking up with Christy over at Urban Muser for this month's {in the picture}.

Hi.
This month's theme was something like take a selfie somewhere where you'll remember where you were.  Or something like that.  I've been so frickin' busy I read it about a week into August and I'm paraphrasing; poorly.  I think the idea was when you look at the photo a year from now, you'll remember the day you took it.  If that wasn't this month's theme, well it was the theme for me.


Processing BW
Processing BW

If I want to sum up my August 2012....this is it.  Wash, Rinse, Repeat.  I'm certain this little 4-ply image will bring me right back.  In fact next month I could just cut and paste....well maybe not the too hot for words undershirt thing, but everything else.


Selfie Collage
Selfie Collage

I tried hard to get myself and the setting in this one....that may have been the theme now that I think about it.
 This is the ONE day I went to the beach this summer (for an hour).  I like sitting on these large rocks away from the sandy beach.  No one else sits here so I get it all to myself and there are no kids running around and I don't get sandy.  I think I'm a curmudgeon.

Dip
Dip

Last weekend I went out shooting pics and ended up treating myself to a nice dinner al fresco with two glasses of wine.  And there was bread and chicken too.  I know this is a yucky selfie, but the ones I took on the pier came out blurry.

Outside
Outside

On a really C-r-u-m-m-y DAY! 
I took myself out shooting pics to try to cheer myself up.  Look how well it worked!  Yah.
But, I know right where I was sitting watching the world go by.


New Kicks
New Kicks

This weekend I'm celebrating the 21st anniversary of my 29th birthday.
This impulse buy is my anecdote attempt to remedy that.  I can't afford a sports car.
I put 'em right on in the parking lot after my purchase.



So, there it is.   For what it's worth; and it's worth what you paid for it.
Next month is September (I hate to even think about it) so we'll see if I do a better job honing in on the theme.  I don't feel like my selfies have grown at all.  I'm not putting myself down, just analyzing.  Maybe this fall I'll step it up, with those bright orange Chucks.

19 comments:

Sandra said...

Well you are a busy bee! I like the B&W shots... though you look a little desperate towards the end!
How nice to have the beach to yourself and then do a fun collage! I love the bread dunking and the orange sneakers... I definitely think they show the tone for the September shots!

shirley said...

Happy Anniversary / Birthday! Hey, I think your selfies are pretty real and that's what it's about.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

You do such creative selfies, I really need to pay attention! The Sequence with you rubbing your eyes and putting your head down is very close to home - it's been one of those years.

momphotographer said...

love the black and white collage. very creative!

Leanne Barnett said...

I really love your B&W series, says alot about your life, right now. happy birthday for the weekend, hope you have a wonderful time celebrating that 21st anniversary!

Tamar SB said...

These are so great!! I need to get some selfies done! Heave a great weekend!!

gina said...

Hi Susan! Great glimpses of your month -- the good and the bad. I could really relate to your b&w sequence -- so well done! I really like the collage too. Nice to end on a happy note, with your new kicks! Have a kickin' good b-day!

urban muser said...

I think you did a great job honoring the theme, and if you ask me, your selfies definitely have grown since the beginning of this project. You seem much more comfortable doing this now than you did in January. Have a HAPPY Birthday!

Zena said...

Great shots, love the last one, happy anniversary/birthday ;)

seabluelee said...

I agree with Christy that your selfies have grown over the year, and I'm sure they will continue to do so. And I personally love the one of the bread!

I know what it means that August is over, but I'm wishing you a September that's better for you than August was. Take good care of yourself, my friend.

And Happy Birthiversary!!! :-)

Linda said...

I admire your ability to capture your selfies - that is something I don't even try to do. I absolutely hate photos of myself...you do this so well! Happy birthday, BTW! Love the cool new shoes!

Carol Blackburn said...

Hope you had a happy anniversary....LOL I like the way you said that. Fall is fast approaching and just imaging all the foliage you can shoot. :)

Brenda said...

Susan - love them all, especially that smile in the first one. Love the film strip - with its progression to frustration. We've all been there. And you know it will all be worth it in the end. The bright orange Chucks are just the right thing to kick off a new year. And I think you selfies have been brave and beautiful.

Gallery Juana said...

I enjoyed these selfies and I love those red-orange sneakers. The color would definitely cheer me up.

Scrappy Grams said...

You gave me a good laugh out loud with your 21st anniversary of your 29th birthday! I'm SERIOUS! I did! No one here but the cats to testify for me. I have gotten so I Love tennis shoes, especially Zig Nanos! So enjoy yourself, you're worth it!

Kathryn said...

I love these, smiling. I hate to think what my selfies would look like these days!

Carrie said...

Susan - you did a fab job! Thank you so much for sharing - I had my birthday in August too and my first photo for the linkie was my (dirty) new converse shoes!!! Mine are purple though. I love that you took a photo when you felt crap, I really need to start doing that too, so I remember my life in truth instead of all those smiles which aren't the whole story. Off to look at more of your blog now :)

http://cherryblossomtattoophotography.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/in-picture-my-life-right-now.html

Lisa Gordon said...

These are FANTASTIC photographs, Susan.

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Cathy H. said...

I think you're selling yourself short here!! These are fantastic images! I love how you captured your mood in the B&W stip and I love those new shoes!! Good for you and happy birthday!!