Pages

Followers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Whoot.





Wrapping up the last weekend of August-boo hoo.  The only thing that's out there on the horizon that's smile inducing-football season.  It helps.

Have to make my SHS a quick one this week.  Working.  Bummer.  Got to make the money to buy the dog food though; not to mention to pay for that $2,000 leg surgery for the little miss.  Remind me again. Why do I have pets?  BTW-Tula is now walking a smidge less than 1/2 mile a couple times a day.  Progress.


College Fund
College Fund

School: A little college fund jar out there.  Hope the guy made some cash for school.  It starts soon.  He was quite good.  Don't ask me about that blue side line and the pink starfishy thing.  Just playing.


Third Eye Gone
Third Eye Gone

Rule of Thirds:  If you know me, then you know I was all a flutter when I found this.  Yum.  Love me that street art and graffiti.  Got a couple of thirds here-the photographic kind and the elusive 3rd eye.

Finding the Beat
Finding the Beat

Side Profile:  I shared a BW photo of this girl a week or so back.  One of my fave people shots from Cuba.  Isn't she beautiful?  A singer from the Cuban Children's Chorus.

Henry
Henry

Small:  Also sporting a side profile.  Waiting with his "parents" to board the ferry across Casco Bay.  Guess who is the boss of this threesome.  Yes, it's all about Henry.

The Fan
The Fan

Motion:  Oooh, I love this photo.  Another Cuba shot.  It truly was hot there, and not everywhere had a/c.  Here's one of a chorus member trying to keep cool....likely without much luck.




Thanks for stopping in for a hello.  Last week I missed the SHS-say it isn't so-happy to be back in the groove this week.  Thanks to Ashley too, for being a wonderful hostess/mom.  Now, off to work.

18 comments:

Kathy said...

You and me BOTH when it comes to street art! Gorgeous capture. That that Cuban girl shot...love the beauty you captured and especially like the interest you created by slanting the photo....brilliant!

Linda said...

I love your street art, and always enjoy your interpretation of the SHS. I always open your blog with anticipation...you never disappoint!

Jen said...

Very cool shots! Love the street graffiti!

Tamar SB said...

Love these, school is so touching, what that young man will do to get himself through college! Hope Tula keeps mending!

MG Atwood said...

Great set! Love the street art, and motion. Happy week!

Brenda said...

As always, your set never disappoints - you always have such a unique take on the prompts. Love them all, especially "Finding the Beat" - what happiness and joy you have captured in the face and attitude of that lovely young girl.

Carol Blackburn said...

Hey Susan, don't work too hard. Save some energy for getting those great shots. Love the slant on the pretty young lady and of course that graffiti shot.

Christine E-E said...

I'm going to have to return to your blog & look around. You went to CUBA... I noticed you mentioned the heat... urghh... we traveled in the Amazon River (Peru) & I struggled with the humidity. Your MOTION shot is my fave.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

As much as I love graffiti, the portrait is my fav. Love her smile and perfect face.

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Lovely finds! Sounds like Cuba was an experience of a lifetime!

Brooke said...

Oh wow Susan... these are all great. That cool street art... the small pup... the Cuban girl ;D Sooo many good ones. I hope your pup mends up soon. I'm sorry to hear about the surgery. Pets are indeed expensive! Oy. Thank goodness they're cute ;D (That goes for kids too!)

Nadege, said...

I love the street art...great shots for this week's prompts.

Danelle said...

Love your interpretations--very creative! Your school shot is just great!

Anita Johnson said...

I love the gray muzzle on Henry.

Seizing My Day said...

love the first two shots... esp. the flute playing college student! ha! ;)

Lisa Gordon said...

Susan, these are wonderful!
I especially love "Finding The Beat."
She is a stunning young lady, and you have captured her beautifully.

I hope you are doing well, and enjoying the last days of summer. I found my first fall leaf on my walk to work earlier this week. I don't think it wil be too long now...
xo.

Becky said...

Hey, that's me trying to stay cool. Great angle! And yes, it wasn't working much...

Carrie said...

oh YES! these are fabulous, I adore Henry and the street art rocks.