Pages

Followers

Friday, August 3, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Linking with James for this week's Weekend Reflections.  Join in, always fun.



Got out with the camera a few evenings ago.  Beautiful night in Maine....cool temps, beautiful sunlight, and then there were those pesky tourists who turned out to make excellent fodder for photos.  When you hit a high density tourist area, everyone has a camera so no one pays any attention to the local girl with one.  Gotcha!


Toes In the Sand
Toes in the Sand

Well, technically this is my best friend-and her feet.  However she was talking on the cell and didn't know she was being set up as a reflection model.  She did recognize her feet later when I shared the picture on Facebook.

Coffee and a Striped Skirt BW
Coffee and a Striped Skirt BW
No clue.  And she's looking at me wondering what I'm doing.  Love that.


Trolley Stop
Trolley Stop

This breakfast place has wonderful picture windows. I waited 10 minutes for this puppy to drive by.  One second later a family of 5 walked into my shot.  I would have been super ticked if they ruined what I'd waited for.  There's a little yours truly down on the lower left.  I look like I'm ready to sit down at that booth and get 2 eggs scrambled with home fries and toast.


Who's Seeing Who BW
Who's Seeing Who? BW

Here's an oldie from last February that I never processed.  One of the great things about reflection shots are all the distortions and layers.  It takes a bit to wrap your head around this one.  I love that.


Happy weekend to you, and thanks to Mr. James for being a wonderful and talented host.

 

14 comments:

gina said...

Toes in the sand -- fabulous! Happy weekend!

Brenda said...

Ah, but you're a sneaky one! But you certainly captured for me the attraction of reflections - those layers upon layers that scramble reality into something surreal. Your examples surely exhibit that wonderful quality, making us stop and think twice, scratch our heads, trying to figure out what we are seeting.

Nefertiti said...

j aime bcp la premiere photo,vraiment ;o)

NatureFootstep said...

nice reflections as well as BW shots. :)

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful reflections for the day, Susan! I love the toes in the sand and the layers in the last one and the trolley stop! Hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy!

'Tsuki said...

These are beautiful reflection picture, well done ! I specially enjoy the first one, toes in wet sand... That is what I do everytime I go to the beach.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I'm wishing my toes were in the sand right about now! Great timing on the trolley stop, that's a cool shot. Have a great weekend!

Tamar SB said...

Love that who's seeing who!

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

Loved seeing your reflections pics - my fave was your friend with the coffee, until I saw the last one with the dog ;-) Lovely shots, all of them ;-)
visiting from Weekend Reflections

Ms. Becky said...

love love love Coffee & A Striped Skirt. imagine what it would be like looking at this photo years from now, when those vehicles are considered vintage. really like Toes too. excellent reflection shots, and a whole lot more. happy weekend to you my friend.

Linda said...

All good ones - love the toes in the sand and who's seeing who!

Cathy H. said...

Great reflections! I always admire your reflection shots! It takes a special talent to get them just right! My favorite would be the trolley in the beautiful window!

seabluelee said...

Very envious of your friend's cool toes. Around here today you could probably get second degree burns from the sand. I also love that last one. That almost looks like an old-fashioned double exposure. I hope you enjoyed that trolley-stop breakfast! :-)

James said...

Excellent reflections! I especially love the bottom one!