Pages

Followers

Friday, August 10, 2012

Weekend Reflections

So, another Friday-my grandmother promised me that the older one gets the faster time goes.  She was right.  I wish though it would go a little faster on the week days, a little slower on the weekends.  Right?

Linking with the master of all things reflected, James for Weekend Reflections.




Drumming
Drumming

My friend's band played last weekend.  Couldn't get a good shot of her on the drums due to really harsh mixed lighting....until I remembered the ol' reflection in the window trick.

Two Boys
Two Boys

Nostalgic.  I remember bopping around in a little boat just like this when I was a kiddo.

Arch Reflections
Arch Reflections

Working those Cuba images.   It's a process.  I need to ditch my full time job to have enough time.  Lovely reflected arches in the pool at Hotel Quinta Avenida in Havana.

Fighting the Blues
Fighting the Blues

Went out shooting one evening-and rain hit.  Hard.  I wasted some time and finally found a covered locale to shoot at least a few when the rain eased up.


That's about it.  Now back to work.  Maybe if it's quiet today I can work on that preferred job on the sly.  Have a great weekend.

14 comments:

Nefertiti said...

la 3 eme photo fait revee ;o)

'Tsuki said...

Oh, un bouquet de reflets !! C'est trop, il ne fallait pas !

:D

Sylvia K said...

What terrific reflections for the day! Love the variety, Susan! Having a drummer son, I loved the first one, but I also love the boat on the water! Enjoy your weekend!!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Two Boys is really cool, love the colors!

James said...

Great shots! The top one has a dreamlike feel, the second could be in a travel brochure, I love the look of the shimmering water in the third and how could I not like a reflection of you doing the Vogue dance. :) I look forward to seeing more Cuba pics!

Malyss said...

What a fabulous serie! Many ways to find reflections, each being interesting in its own way. Great!

Tamar SB said...

These are fantastic Susan, you have such a great eye for finding reflections and then reflecting on them!

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Susan, remember the Oxford County Fair is coming in Sept. and the deadline for entering some photos in the exhibit is Aug. 20th. I bet you have some blue ribbon winners you've shot this year. I have an entry or two going in.......are you up for the challenge. :)

Leanne said...

grandmas are so wise aren't they?
Nice reflections this week, I like the 2nd shot.

gina said...

I think time slows down when you're doing NOTHING! Love the water reflections....any cooling photos are much appreciated these days.

Linda said...

You always manage to find just the right shot! Love that one of the boys in the boat...

Dianne said...

really great shots
little snippets of life and art :)

Brenda said...

Another great set! Reflections are your forte. Keep plugging away at those Cuba images - this one has all the great elements - water, reflections and arches - what more can one need? Love the bright colors of the boys on the water as well.

seabluelee said...

I love the second and third ones - which isn't to say I don't like the others too! The light on Two Boys looks like it was etched with a razor, and that water with all the repeated shapes and lines in Arch Reflections is simply gorgeous. Makes me want to dive in!