Pages

Followers

Friday, August 24, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Breezing in to say "hey" and drop a reflection or two.  Thanks to James at Weekend Reflections.




Summer is winding down.  I HATE it that the light is slipping from the sky earlier and earlier.  Time to get out my happy lamp to off-set the SAD thing.  Geez.  I did finally do my version of going to the beach the other day-just for an hour or so in the late afternoon.  First time all summer.  I stay away from the sandy beach and find myself a quiet spot on the large rocks that serve as a sea wall during winter storms.  I usually have the area all to myself and with a great view-that you can see in my glasses.  I like it.  No sandy toes either.


Extreme Close Up
Extreme Close Up


Window Reflections
Window Reflections

I love this photo I took at the Museum of the Revolution in Cuba.  A window ajar over looking a courtyard.  I'm afraid no one but my reflection friends will appreciate, so thanks for looking.

Squares
Squares

Here's another non-reflected view of the second story.  Second story squares, 3rd story arches.  It was stunning.

Water and Sky
Water and Sky

I'll end with this dreamy water scene...taken as the light was slipping below the tree line.  That's what I'm saying...it's too soon to whisper goodbye to summer.


Thanks for stopping by "the Ears" to check out my reflection shots.  Hope you have a fabulous weekend.  I'm working-how not fair is that?





15 comments:

Tamar SB said...

These are gorgeous, Susan! Love the ones from the museum in Cuba, so much culture and ambiance in those pictures!

gina said...

What fun to get a glimpse of your Cuba photos! The museum building is classic.
I love the colors and reflections in that last shot -- I am definitely a water lover. Hope you can squeeze some fun into your weekend!

Scrappy Grams said...

super job on sunglasses reflection! The museum architecture is fabulous. And I always love your water reflections. I wish you a restful weekend.

Scrappy Grams said...

I forgot to ask a question about the lamp you use. Can you tell me the brand, please? Winter with low light is tough on me. So the light really works?

Linda said...

Love that first shot - it is a great one of you! The view of the museum shows very interesting architecture - and your water shot is just beautiful! So serene...now about that happy lamp...does it really work?

'Tsuki said...

Don't be so sad because of the days getting shorter and shorter : that's only mean that we will have the pleasure to see them growing back again in about 6 months...

I like your self portrait : you have such a shiny smile ; it illuminate everything, even those shorts days of winter... ;)

Brenda said...

Love the extreme close-up - but especially that smile on your face, enjoying some beach time, minus sandy toes. And you just know I'm gonna be so envious of your Cuba architecture shots - oh, my! Arches, delicate ironwork, windows - so beautiful. And then there is your liquid gold - you just wanna bottle it up.

Nefertiti said...

tres jolies photos,bravo ;o)

seabluelee said...

Working the weekend - not fair at all, especially with summer drawing to a close. Love seeing your smiling face in that first shot, and the last one is so peaceful and beautiful. I miss my Maine beaches, though I'd rather get sandy toes than sit on a rock. :-)

Kathy said...

Love that portrait my friend! And that water shot IS dreamy. I've been so busy I haven't had time to wander thru others' blogs for awhile. My mission is to go back thru YOURS and find those Cuba photos!






Cathy H. said...

Susan, your reflections always amazes me! I love the window reflection of the museum! Great eye to see and capture this! The last one is such a soothing image with lovely colors!

James said...

All good but I LOVE the top one! What a great idea!!!

Jamie said...

You are a master of reflection shots.

Lisa Gordon said...

Love, love, love your selfie!
Fantastic reflection.

Carrie said...

that's it! I offically love your blog :) Your selfie is lovely and reflections are a fave of mine so yes - I dig the museum window!