Pages

Followers

Sunday, September 23, 2012

I've Been Scavenging

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Go ahead, link on up yourself.  You'll be glad you did.


I liked the topics this week.  A good chance for creative interpretation.  Strangely, sometimes I think a list is pretty easy and I'll see someone else say they were stumped.  Other weeks I'll get hung up on one or two and see that someone else thought it was easy.  No matter....there are always interpretations that make me think (or say out loud) "why didn't I think of that?" 

Here's what I came up with this week.



Cracked
Cracked

Cracked:  Wall outside apartment building.

At the Start
At the Start

Fallen:  Yup.  It's started.  Me not happy.  They're pretty at first, and then....there's raking, cold, darkness.  OK, let's go back to they're pretty at first.  They look a little better with Kim Klassen scripted texture.

Sky Waves 18/365
Sky Waves 18/365

Ordinary Color:  Blue is definitely ordinary, but this sky was not.  The clouds were delightful.


All That Grows
All That Grows

Bokeh:  Not a great bokeh, but there's a little in there if you look around.  Love these flowers outside a local bank.  I notice they got some high end landscapers taking care of them.  Wish I could afford to have them work over at my house.

La Bahia by the Harbor
La Bahia by the Harbor

Fence:  Sneaking in a recent Cuba process.  It does have that blue fence around it, along with the open air taxis.  I'd like to say that I sat here and had a red wine, or mojito, or something, but I only drove by.  Looks like a fun place to enjoy views of the harbor.  I did take a ride in one of those taxis though and that was definitely fun, and a little scary.


OK, I'm all scavenged out for another week and looking forward to seeing everyone else's interpretations.  Again thanks to hostess Ashley.  This continues to be a linky I rarely miss.  Have a great day.

22 comments:

MG Atwood said...

Great collection. Fall is happening ready or not! Have a wonderful week.

Cathy H. said...

I always love to visit and see what you've come up with for SHS!! Your commentary is also fun!! My favorite would be the flowers! Such gorgeous flowers and a perfect POV!!

Sarah said...

I like the bokeh shot...the bright pop of color fading into the bokeh behind.

However, the sky waves are just gorgeous!! I'm a bit of a cloud-photo addict....so much variety to be found and the 'waves' you found are amazing!!

Ashley Sisk said...

beautiful compositions - I Love the entire set.

Tamar SB said...

Those clouds are amazing!! I am head over heals happy that fall is here, I love winter, but fall is my favorite - so pretty and simple!

Honey Mommy said...

Love your fallen and ordinary colors. Those clouds are spectacular!

Verna said...

These are great! Love the cracked wall. Nice job!

Stephanie said...

I'm with you on the some prompts are easy and soome are stumpers. I have had my DUH! moments. Love your sky waves and the pretty for now leaf.

Linda said...

Very good interpretations! I am also not happy that fall is coming...I much prefer summer!

Carol Blackburn said...

Hey Susan, lovely shots as always. Those taxis would make me freak out. I've seen how they zip around things in movies. Do they really do that?

Linda R said...

Great shots this week. the Bokeh stand out the most to me. The composition is great. You must have been laying on the ground to get that one. :)

Saun said...

Great shots! Fall has become one of my favorite seasons but I don't like what comes after it :)

Heather said...

Wow that is one big crack in the wall of the building.
I love your ordinary color very pretty!

Matthew and Larissa said...

I love the ordinary color...what an amazing sky...

seabluelee said...

I'm glad I don't live in that apartment building! And that sky - I think that's one of my favorite cloud photos ever. You could surf those waves!

Brenda said...

Happy to see another of your Cuba images - the bright blues and yellows and greens are the very essence of Caribbean island life. And those clouds - they look like curls of hair - amazing! As usual, another great set.

Patrice said...

Great shots - love Ordinary Color!

Seizing My Day said...

delightful sky indeed!! ;)

Kathryn said...

So in love with 'cracked' and 'skywaves'. I feel as though I could get lost in all that blue and white.

Anita Johnson said...

I love those sky waves!

Lisa Gordon said...

That sky is amazing, Susan!

Justine said...

gorgeous gorgeous shots!