Pages

Followers

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Scavenger City

Linking with "the" Ashley for SHS.  You could link up too you know.






Yes indeedy, Sunday a.m. and time for the Scavenger.  I really can't figure out why I like doing this so much, but I do.  It's all good.



Sun Kissed
Sun Kissed

Kiss:  OK, I live alone and my dog hates the camera...there ain't no kissin' 'round here.  I'm stretching to make this work.
Although this photo probably breaks too many rules of "good" photos, I like it anyway.  All that sun/lens flare is legit, nothing added.  So it's blown out on the left....but look at all that other cool stuff.  Did you forget the subject was "kiss" yet?  I'm dazzling you with other things, so you'll forget that I'm off topic.

Scratch Behind the Ear 7/365
Scratch Behind the Ear 7/365

Askew:  My brother's cat Travis.  Like how his face is a bit askew and how he's tucked in the corner of the image-sort of makes it askew, doesn't it?
Travis and I were avoiding a gazillion kids at my nephew's birthday party last Sunday.


Wishes
Wishes

Speaking of the party.....
Fragrant:  I was so NOT going to do flowers for this.  Cake and what about the smell of those candles?  Do you think there's potential for a new perfume for one (or both) of those?  Maybe not, but they are both fragrant.
Looks like that shirt may be a little fragrant as well.


Fall 10/365
Fall 10/365

Simple:  Fall is here.  Simple as that.  Already a banner year for acorns. Extra happy squirrels coming soon to a yard near you.

Late Day at the Farm Stand
Late Day at the Farm Stand

Plant:  Plant stuff in the spring, get stuff in the fall.  Right?  I'm not a gardener, but I'm thinking that's how it works with a whole lot of weeding and watering in between.


That's it.  It's a wrap.  Thanks for stopping by and saying hi.
Oooh.  I'm rhyming.  Bad.  Gotta go.  Have a wonderful day.


25 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Sun kissed so creative!! Love that acorn shot too! I got knocked on the head by one - ouch fall is here!

Stephanie said...

I'm with you on the cake and candles ! Love the pumpkin shot and the words behind it.

Brandi said...

Love that sun kissed flare and all those pumpkins!

Brooke said...

Susan - you're a poet and you don't even know it! (I couldn't resist!!) I love your sun kissed shot. It totally works for the prompt :D

Carol Blackburn said...

My, my Susan.....so creative, love it. And, by the way...your last one is gourd-geous. :)

Verna said...

Nice! I love your "kiss" shot. Very pretty!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love the perspective on your second shot.

Brenda said...

Amazing sunflare - regardless of topic. Love following along each week to witness the creative way you interpret the prompts.

Linda R said...

You know I am loving that kitty shot. And the angle of the your simple shot looks great.

MG Atwood said...

Askew is fabulous! Nicely done. Have a wonderful week.

TheChieftess said...

I love the idea of this meme...but I have to admit...I'm a bit confused by the timing of it all...I copied these categories thinking it was for next week...but it's this week's!!! I think I've got it now...I'll try for next Sunday!!!

Leanne Barnett said...

Cool shots, Love the pumpkins.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Are there any good rules?? I love the rays!!. Travis is really happy Aunt Susan came over :-)

Our Fall is just getting started, I saw a few leaves falling today. Gotta get out for some late afternoon sun!

Patti said...

What a great series - love them all.
I don't know why I go "hunting" every week, but I do & I love it too!

Kim Cunningham said...

Fun set! I really like the farm stand gourds! I get really excited when I see pumpkins every fall!

w said...

i like your fragrant! i went back and forth with what i was going to do for that… and ended up with flowers. lol.

Ida said...

Great set. I really liked your Askew shot - Kittys are so fun.
Simple was also a favorite.

Ida said...

Great set. I really liked your Askew shot - Kittys are so fun.
Simple was also a favorite.

Kathy said...

Haha, you SERIOUSLY crack me up my friend! So nice to literally LOL :) :) :) That first shot is my absolute FAV of the group. And yes, you might have dazzled me with all it's intricacies BUT...I would have loved it anyway. And thank you so much for your tremendously awesome comments on my blog. It means so much to get some positive feedback....Lord knows I don't get it from the 14 year old around here :)

Kathy said...

P.S. And I'm with ya...I don't know WHY Scavenger Hunt always draws me in...but it is my fav link up that I do too.

Saun said...

Awesome shots my favorite is kissed. love them

Ross said...

Great shots! I really like the first one. I have to agree and say even though it's blown out it's a pretty cool shot. I have a new site up and running it's http://rossmccreeryphotography.com let me know what you think I need the feedback.

Katie said...

Beautiful set this week! Love Kiss!

Rosie Grey said...

Such gorgeous interpretations again, Susan! I find your ideas so stunning all the time - I could never come up with anything but the obvious! It's always such an inspiration to visit your blog!

urban muser said...

the light in that first shot is amazing!