Pages

Followers

Friday, September 7, 2012

Weekend Reflections

Linking with my friend James for this week's Weekend Reflections.


Actually got a few reflections this week.  Yay me.  I love 'em, just have to make sure I spot and capture AND post.


Outside Youngs
Outside Young's

These type of window reflections are some of my favorites.  There are multiple levels: inside, outside, and through so it distorts reality.  How cool is that?
Young's is a main stay of downtown Durham NH where the University of NH is located.  You can always count on a great breakfast or lunch if you're passing through.  And usually a bit of a wait too.

View through the Tree BW
View Through a Tree BW

I'm sure I've shared this building, this river and falls a number of times.  I've also shared this view.  It's from the deck of a condominium I've had for sale for about 9 months.  BUT it's scheduled to close in a few weeks (yay!-the seller is so happy with me) so I won't be tip-toeing up on the deck for a great vantage point after that.

Two Flags
Two Flags

And here's my fave for this week.  One from Cuba in a narrow and crowded alley this car was passing through.  I spotted the flags and did a quick snap.  What I didn't see was the woman beside me waving hello.  I like the feel of this image-kind of takes me back to the crowded street scene in the Godfather, well, without the urgency.


Thank you for visiting and checking up on my reflections.  Got to stay on task.  Have a wonderful weekend.

15 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Awesome Susan....that first one reminds me of the collage photo you posted the other day with its many layers. Hope you have some time off this weekend and don't have to work.

Sylvia K said...

These are terrific, Susan! I do love the colorful, busy first one! How fun!! Hope you have a lovely weekend! Enjoy!

'Tsuki said...

Nice chase for a lovely set of reflection indeed ! I specially enjoy the second one : the reflection of the building is stunning !

Brenda said...

I'm with you on those window reflections where there are so many layers and reality is turned on its head. Will miss seeing the view through that tree. And love the "Two Flags" shot and that lovely retro processing.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Nice, I really like the warmth of 'Outsider Young's'

Cathy H. said...

Wonderful reflections! I really like the first one, so much to look at and great colors!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Magical series of images! Love the dimensional layers in the first photo and the interesting cameo reflections in the last one!

Malyss said...

Your first pic is the most mysterious, the eyes are getting lost there. The 2nd one is the more artistic, very beautyful. The last one is the funniest; the instant was caught just in a breath. Great post!

Nefertiti said...

La deuxieme photo est superbe et le noir et blanc lui donne bcp de poids bravo !

s.c said...

Some fine reflections here but I like number 2 the most . Very pleasant to see.

Linda said...

Very nice work! Seeing what you find is always a nice surprise...I had nothing this week, so sadly, won't be posting any reflections.

Kay L. Davies said...

You are the queen of reflection photos, Susan, and I'm sure James would agree with me. Your first one is beautiful, the last one is fortuitously filled with things other than flags, and the center one will soon join the others as wonderful memories of the-view-that-was.
K

Ebie said...

Nice reflection shots! I love that antique car!

CameraCruise said...

Great shots!
I especially like the second.
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Mette

James said...

Great shots! I absolutely love the bottom one! :)