Pages

Followers

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekly Scavenger Addiction

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.


Can't help it.  Love this linky.  It's like I can't not do it....I just have to.  Thanks Ashley.


Light Just Right 22/365
Light Just Right 22/365

Yellow:  Yes, I know that's a pink flower, but it was the luscious golden-yellow light that made me pull the car over to steal a snap from the garden of the woman who lives on the corner.

Five Little Pumpkins
Five Little Pumpkins

Getting Ready:  If you're at all concerned, don't be.  The Halloween cards have been up in the stores for two weeks now.  There's still time to prepare.  Honestly.  They'll put those away just in time for the Christmas selections to stock the shelves.
All right, I'll stop bitching.  These little guys were outside a restaurant in town.  Only thing, now I've got that 5 Little Pumpkin song stuck in my head.  And no, these were not sitting on the gate and none of them said "oh my it's getting late".

Sidewalk Art 23/365
Sidewalk Art 23/365

Bright:  Love me this photo-what a great design.  Unexpected find of some sidewalk art earlier this week.  I fear the rain of the last couple days may have taken this away, but maybe they'll make new ones!

Never Good
Never Good

Teeny Tiny:  OK watch me stretch.....I think this woman may be in a teeny tiny bit of trouble.  And NO, that's no me!

Electric Lines
Electric Lines

Connections:  Sometimes I don't know what it is that makes me push the trigger on my camera.  This is pretty ugly stuff, but something about it said "shoot me", so I did.  I think it might be nice if all power/telephone lines were underground eventually.



That's another SHS in the can.  Keeping me going on the tough days-making me take photos of things I might otherwise pass by.  I suppose that makes it more an educational tool rather than an addiction.  Either way, I like it.  Thanks for visiting my little teeny tiny corner of the blogosphere.  Much appreciated.  Have a great day.


21 comments:

Brooke said...

And aren't you glad you did hit the trigger?!? A perfect connection shot for the hunt :D You just never know when photos will come in handy! Another great set this week. Loved yellow and your sidewalk art. Happy Sunday Susan!

Kathryn said...

Sidewalk art is always cool to come across and I love the perspective of the electrical lines shot.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Thankfully, my neighborhood has underground utilities, which makes for an uncluttered view, but I don't mind the industrial aspect of poles. The sidewalk art is nice, but I love that back lit pink flower!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That first shot of the flower is just perfect and I like how you turned it into a "yellow" theme because of the light.

On the bottom, the ugliness of the skies above us because of the power, telephone, cable, and who knows what else lines, fascinates me. Most people don't even notice. The thing I think about is that two people almost anywhere in the country can trace lines between themselves up in the sky.

MG Atwood said...

Great set. You did a fabulous job on all the prompts. That light shot is stunning!

Christine E-E said...

Yep you're correct! When I miss SHS, I feel lost! Your BRIGHT sidewalk art is my fave shot. And, love your interpretation of TEENY TINY... so clever.

Tezzie said...

Oohhh...that first one is so pretty! Love your set. And, I know what you mean about sometimes not knowing what prompts one to take a certain pic, but I love your electric lines, so your instinct was right on! :)

martinealison said...

Oh! vos photos sont extrêmement belles... Quelle splendeur que celle de cette fleur rose, un cosmos je crois...
Gros bisous à vous et merci de nous faire partager le fruit de votre talent.

Gina @ Kleinworth & Co. said...

That light in the first one is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Tamar SB said...

These are awesome! Love bright - great shot there. And I so hear you on the getting ready for various holidays/festivals. I actually saw Christmas stuff in a store this morning! Happy soggy Sunday...

Brenda said...

In this case, addiction is a good thing. Yes, I can certainly see why you pulled over to capture the golden light on that flower - the translucence of the petals within that glowing light - YES!

And sometimes I don't know what makes me snap the shutter either - but I say we just go with our gut.

Leanne Barnett said...

really nice collection of shots- I really lie that first shot of pink flowers in the golden light, & love the sidewalk art.

Linda said...

It really doesn't matter what you do - I always love your views of life! Great shots...I am glad you snap the shutter!

No Greater Love said...

Oh my goodness...that flower is beautiful. And I love all the rest of the photos, too. You are very creative. :)

Verna said...

Gorgeous flower! I love the interpretation of "yellow"

Cathy H. said...

Susan, I love SHS Sunday, too! It just seems to keep my photography fresh! Once again, I love your set!! The first one, that gorgeous flower, takes my breath away. The light is so amazing, I can see why you had to stop and get the shot!!

seabluelee said...

You've aced them all as usual, Susan. Those "ugly" wires are perfect for Connections. Your yellow pink-flower shot is gorgeous. What light! And I love Teeny Tiny, too. It's very dramatic and I love the flare from the blue lights.

Kathy said...

Wow!! Amazing and beautiful light in that first shot. Have to admit I kinda mesmerized by that!

Rosie Grey said...

You are a genius with the prompts, as always! I love your interpretations and your photos, Susan!

Becky said...

Wow! Love, love the flower one!! If (when?) I ever get my website "live" I'd love to use this one.

Ms. Becky said...

heeeey, been awhile. nice to see your SHS shots - my fave is Never Good, love the light you captured. and that is some cool sidewalk art too. I almost made it to the pumpkin patch yesterday but something else got in the way. there's one right down the road and I drive past it all the time but it's a bit early to get one - it would be rotted on the front stoop before the big day. I really like Electric Lines too. I'm glad you pushed the trigger on that one.
have a fun day my friend.