Pages

Followers

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Scavenger City

Linking with the wonderful Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Drop in.



Hello fellow scavengers and those of you sitting on the sidelines wondering if you should join in.  You should.  I forget how nervous I was about linking with my first meme a couple years back.  Once you do, there's no going back.  You can take that to the bank.  Not only that you make a nice assortment of blogger friends as pure bonus.





Foggy Morn
Foggy Morn

Orange or Pink:  I went with orange-it was unseasonably warm yesterday, making perfect conditions for fog.  I find fog sad and dreary, but it makes for good photo ops.

Murphy's Rule of Thirds
Murphy's Rule of Thirds

Faceless Portrait:  Kind of lame, but I was filling a prompt for "rule of thirds" in a flickr group.  The "Murphy's" part is, never fails that your dog slips into the image when you're not paying attention.
BTW-Tula is just starting to take walks off leash...since her surgery in July.  And right away she's into photo bombing.  Hmmmm.

Window View
Window View

View from the Top:  Thru an open air window in Havana, Cuba (archive shot from July)

While I have you as a captive audience, I thought I'd share a few more Cuba "from the top" images.  I know SHS is not the place for a little photo dump, so you can scroll on if you're not interested.  I'm having a hard time finding a way to share all the pics I took.


Embrace the View
Embrace the View

Four Spires
Four Spires

Rooftop
Rooftop

Across the Harbor
Across the Harbor



Princess P BW
Princess P BW

Cozy:  When I want to get cozy....this little lady is always willing to snuggle.  She looks cozy even by herself.  Love my cat;  I really do.

Stems 48/365
Stems

Stacked:  Fallen leaves all stacked up in a puddle.


Thanks for taking a peek at my scavenger images....especially with the extras thrown in.  Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.  I'm off to cut the lawn reeeaaalllllyyyy short so some of the falling leaves will blow into my neighbor's yards.  I hate raking.

 

28 comments:

Linda R said...

These are all amazing shots. Love the first shot and the last shot. I think those are my favs because I love everything about fall.

Hugs~

Dianne said...

I love the first shot!! the color and the fog are so fantastic

and your cat is beautiful

all wonderful shots

Scrappy Grams said...

outstanding is my rate for Foggy Morning! wonderful reflections too in Stems
I've been limiting my blog reading because of the pain in my neck (Fibromyalgia as well as arthritis there). love your photos in Cuba! ignorant me, I thought traveling there was verboten!

Jessica Lewis said...

These are really wonderful. Orange and Stacked are my favorites, I can almost smell the rain...

Maboe said...

I love Cuba and cats, you have many great pictures!

Tamar SB said...

Gorgeous, as always! It was muggy and warm yesterday wasn't it? Gorgeous today! Hope you can enjoy it!

Christine E-E said...

your photos are always pretty. love the orange shot of the leaves. did you get wet getting on the ground to capture that shot?

MG Atwood said...

Very cool shots. You are making me sad that I didn't take that trip to Cuba! You nailed each cue. Good job!

Brenda said...

Oh, I'm so glad you took this opportunity to show us some of your Cuba shots. I love the "Four Spires" shot, with those rust rooftops against the blue sky and sea. Also love the creative perspective of "Stems" - gorgeously abstract viewpoint.

TheChieftess said...

I agree about the Cuba shots!!! Love the one called Embrace the View!!!

I think I'm going to have to wait to tackle the scavenger hunt til after our vacation......but I plan on joining you eventually!!! I think it's an excellent challenge!

TheChieftess said...

Oh!!! And I forgot to mention how much I like both shots of the leaves and the kitty too!!!

Kathryn said...

I love the first and last shot . . . there's something about fallen leaves that do it for me. Glad to hear Tula is doing better, didn't realize you had a cat. :0)

Stephanie said...

I have photo envy on the first shot - it is a real winner.

barbara l. hale said...

Terrific photos for the prompts! And I'm glad you threw in a few from Cuba..a place I would love to explore. What a beautiful, cozy cat you have and it's nice to have a dog who is into photo bombing.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I fixed my leaf problem 22 years ago, when I moved in. I only planted 2 trees and they are small :-)

Tough to pic a fav, these are all really good. I have come to love fog for photo ops, but it's difficult to get motivated when you can't see.

Havana looks great!!

Ms. Becky said...

it should come as no surprise that my faves are Foggy Morn, Across the Harbor, Princess P, and at the top of the list is Stems. What a fabulous shot, it opens up a secret world. love the thought of that. happy week to you my friend.

Katie said...

Beautiful shots! Love the first one - great capture!

Ida said...

Great set. I enjoyed all the shots (including the extras).
My favorites were:
Cozy - Am so loving how many people think cats are cozy and yours looks adorable.
View from the Top - I like the one in the extra shots of the Four Spires.
Also like the Foggy morning shot for Orange. Fog is rather mysterious to me.

Holly said...

Love love love your foggy morn. Beautiful!

Nicki said...

Fantastic pictures of your trip and absolutely show stoppers for orange and stacked - love the perspective / composition in these shots.

Leanne Barnett said...

Love your foggy morning shot, it's so beautiful!
Your Cuba shots are great- and I think you can put them on your blog whenever you want!!

Francisca said...

No, I'm not going to try to pick a favorite or two or three... or or... waaay too strenuous. As always, your responses to the meme's challenges are superb. Laughed at your expression "photo bombing"... not heard it before; in Asia it's kids that do that! And your Cuba shots... I won't say no to any of those... keep 'em coming. You could consider a Cuba series like I'm attempting with Kalinga... ;-) Hugs back!

Cathy H. said...

Wonderful set, Susan! I love the first and the last. Your POV on both of these just makes the shot and I love fall colors!! I'm also glad you threw in several of your Cuba images! You photographed this country so well!

seabluelee said...

Hey, my friend, I love the bonus "from the top" pics from your Cuba trip. Please show us more! You don't need an excuse or to fit them in somehow. Just do as many posts about them as you'd like. I'm sure I'm not the only one of your fans who would love to see them.

Katie said...

These are all amazing, but I LOVE the first one! It so captures the kind of fall day we are having here today!

hiflight said...

Great pictures. Thanks for the visit.

Anita Johnson said...

I like these photos too and since I need to run I will comment on one...love the perspective of the stems!

Deborah Tisch said...

I'm really enjoying that foggy morn and Miss P... great photos, as usual!