Pages

Followers

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Booyah!





src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4097/4795223164_aa1eb66c07_o.jpg"

alt="" width="150" height="150" />

(I can't get my SHS button to work.  Is anyone else having this problem?)



Rainy Sunday.  Kind of gives one the excuse to be a little lazy, that and I finally have a day off after 13 straight.  That just ain't nat'rul working that much.  If I was getting rich it would be one thing, but trust me, it's another.  SHS is the perfect reason to take a little down time.  Thank you Ashley.


Another Rainy Night 32/365
Another Rainy Night 32/365

Water Drops or Flowing:  Certainly had enough opportunity to capture raindrops lately.  I do like this shot, so I suppose I should be somewhat thankful, but I'm now done being thankful.  Give me some sun please.

Becky's Tea 41/365
Becky's Tea 41/365

Faithful:  I have a group of friends-we're very faithful to one aother.  Although it's hard to get the 5 of us together, each time we manage, there's always laughter.  We got together the other night and hot tea was served.  The steam from my friend's tea was caught perfectly in the light.  How can you not take this photo?  She got out her iphone and snapped one too.

Bug in the Window
Bug in the Window

Then and Now:  I know, my mind is kind of weird.  I have many other endearing qualities however.  The window is an old one, but that bug crawling around is definitely alive now, or at least the other day when I took this photo.

Yellow Leaf (3)
Yellow Leaf (3)

Fingertips:  I'm really struggling, yet keeping up with my 365.  I started one (2nd time around) to renew my everyday practice, but some days I'm pushing to find something, anything to capture.  Here's a moment by the river that ended up working out.  Thankful to have the word "fingertips" on my mind which encouraged me to be a bit more creative.

At the Gallery
At the Gallery

On the Bucket List:  What?  Ride a bike inside an art gallery wasn't on the list?  Whoops.
No seriously, going to an art gallery isn't something I normally do for myself.  Seemed like a good bucket list item-I didn't want to eat candy.  This bike happened to be part of the decor.  So I noticed the bike more than the art-yah.  That's just me.



And that's it for another week of Scavenging around.  Hope you have a fabulous day.

28 comments:

Tezzie said...

Love your finds! That bike in the art gallery is so much fun...great point of view for the park bench...and, that steaming mug of tea is awesome! (and, looks so nice, cozy and warming <3 Perfect for a chat with a good friend!)

Deanna said...

Oh what a fun post...you have captured some wonderful images, the water flowing is magical with the car-light bokeh...love the hot tea, great bunch!!

Stephanie said...

I do like the way your thinking leads you to your interpretation of the prompts. I have yet to capture a good steam shot - it's on my Photo Bucket list. I'm lovin' the bench shot and the yellow leaf - especially how you got the swirling water and foamy bubbles. Vey nice.

Laloofah said...

Howdy, stranger! :-)
"Another Rainy Night" and "Becky's Tea" are my favorites - absolutely brilliant photos. I really love the lighting in both of them. The wet sheen and raindrops suspended from the arm on the leaf-covered bench really help set the mood, and that crimson tree down the street sure caught my eye (goes with the red stoplight! Nice timing!) :-)

And who knew hot steam from a mug of tea could be so beautiful? It looks like feathers and filigree, mysterious and beautiful and warmly comforting all at the same time.

Well done! I'm sure you'll be rewarded with sunshine soon. :-)
Love, Tex

MG Atwood said...

Beautiful shots. So lucky to have five friends that you stay faithful with! Have a great week.

Tamar SB said...

Gorgeous, Susan! And seriously, we've had out share of the wet and dreary, haven't we! Your droplets shot makes it seem worth it though!

Magdaleena said...

Beautiful images! That tea-shot is sooooo beautiful!

Carol Blackburn said...

Nice set of shots, Susan...glad to hear you have some time off to relax. I am glad I got a walk in yessterday with my grandson. I had a feeling the weatherman was right and we'd have rain today.

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Love your rainy day shot, and the fingertips too. Always love your narration. :-) So funny you noticed the bike more than the gallery. Lovely set.

Verna Lantz said...

Such a pretty "water" shot. I love rainy days. They are the best!

TheChieftess said...

My two favs are the tea steam and the bike in the gallery!!! Very well done as are they all!!! Fun interpretations!!!

lessandragr said...

You sure that's not your bike? Your fingtip shot is great. I find SHS really gives me things to shoot at that I wouldn't have ever thought of!

Justine said...

These are fantastic and I love the lighting each shot too

Honey Mommy said...

Great shots! I especially love your water drops and the steam from the tea. Now that was a great capture!

Carrie said...

Oh the tea, the tea steam is fantastic. I so wish I had a group of great friends that came round for tea - everyone is so busy with new kiddies (but not me)
Hugs C xx

Bethany said...

Such beautiful shots! I love the first two!

Jess said...

So many rich colors you found, perfect for fall.

Brooke said...

TOTALLY digging your rainy park bench shot and that steamy tea cup one too. Great stuff this week!!! I love to see what you find each week. I'm expecting great stuff next Sunday since you had a WHOLE ENTIRE day off! (I'm being sarcasic - i hope you rested!!!)
Enjoy your week Susan... see you next week... (not before -HA!)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great photos, the one of the vapor wafting off the tea is spectacular, i love the bicycle in the art gallery shot also.

Kristen said...

I love all your photos but the water drops on the bench is AMAZING!!!! I like your artistic eye!

Kathryn said...

Always love your interpretations, the first two really captured my attention. Beautiful.

Brenda said...

As always, I love your interpretatons. And yes, sometimes for me my 365 is merely an exercise in mediocrity but even those shots are worthwhile for the daily practice. Love your rainy park bench and the way you have used it for a frame.

EG CameraGirl said...

One thing I love about the Cavenger Hunt is seeing all the different takes on the subject. Yours was tons of fun to read. (AndI don't think you are all that weird, either. But you ARE creative. )

Ross said...

These shots are fantastic! I just launched my own photography site last week http://rossmccreeryphotography.com and would love some feedback as to what you think!

Cathy H. said...

Great set again this week!! I know you're tired of the rain, but that is my favorite image! I love the drops, the reflection on the bench and the bokeh!

Anita Johnson said...

Great photos! I always enjoy the perspective you choose, the angle, the framing. I need to work on that. (o:

Phyllis said...

Hi Susan! All of your photos are great! I especially like the photo of the bench. It "feels" like someone just got up from sitting there and turned to look back and see if they had left their gloves on the bench. We have those bugs all over the place here right now too.

seabluelee said...

Love that wet bench with the lovely raindrops and the soft lights in the background. That photo really evokes a mood.