Pages

Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Photo-Heart October

Linking last minute with Kat for the Photo Heart Connection.  Thanks Kat.










Shape of My Heart
Shape of my Heart

Do you see a heart in the middle of this image?  I kind of do, if I stretch my imagination just a bit. 


I remember as a child people telling me that they saw images in the clouds in the sky.  "I see a rabbit, do you?  It's right over there."  I never saw any pictures in the sky.  I still don't.

This morning when I went through my October images. Those that spoke had a common theme; sadness.  For the most part they looked blurred and somewhat abstract.  Many even were entitled with words that seemed sad: Danger, Dying, Nothing Coming, Trapped, Black and Blue, Another Rainy Night, Lines and Circles....OK, Lines and Circles isn't sad, but the image was taken on a raw blustery day with Winnie the Pooh nowhere in sight.

I haven't felt particularly sad this month, but maybe the sadness is showing itself in abstraction, in deep corners. Or maybe the sadness is making its way to the outside rather than hanging on the inside.  It maybe the darkness of winter approaching, or the fact that I'm not blogging enough.  I don't know.  I'm not very good at determining what I'm feeling unless it's overpoweringly obvious.

Please don't call the happy police...I don't wish to be anywhere but here.

I do like that my images are showing more abstract in them.  Not always of course but more than a year ago.  It seems that's a step or bump on the plateau(s) that naturally occur in my (and likely others) photography skills.  I am doing another 365 and it is challenging me big time.  Too many evenings I've come home and had no clicks in the camera and had to push to go back out or make something work in a dark house.  Even so I haven't missed yet a day.  Persevere on.

I snapped this image from the driver's seat of my car in a parking lot.  The surprise was the heart I found later.  What I don't know is whether it's saying my heart is sad, or that despite the dreary rainy day, there's something positive and love (not romantic, but internal) to be found.  I guess I'll have to just wait and see.

Thanks for reading my long blah, blah, blah...but I guess when you do the PHC, you have the right to blah, blah, blah on. 


14 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Wow - super profound! You have such great insights and thoughts - love the snap!

Kathy said...

Is there something in the air? I can totally relate to your sentiments here my friend. No SOS to the happy police from me. I'm a firm believer in having to wade thru the muck sometimes. Positive energy being sent your way...vroom, vroom...I SEE you driving your new car :)

Kat Sloma said...

I love your line, "Please don't call the happy police... I don't wish to be anywhere but here." Sometimes we need the sadness, the melancholy days. It has to work itself out. Better out than in. And how else would we so recognize and revere the joy when it happens, if we didn't understand and experience sadness too. Yes, you have the right in PHC to blah, blah, blah on. Keep at it! Thanks for sharing in this month's Photo-Heart Connection.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Yes, I see the heart!! I do love shots like this, I could sit in the car for for hours. It's also fun sitting at a traffic light and catching some tail-ligh reflections (DAMHIK).

gina said...

I see the heart too. I think it's significant that you picked this image with it's hidden heart, a reminder that love is all around us. We all experience the peaks and valleys, the yin and yang of life. Good things are coming your way!

Norma Ruttan said...

good eye, my dear! I wish you good hunting for a car.
It is better for the blues, or whatever one calls it, to break out rather than festering away inside.

seabluelee said...

Maybe it's the season? My own heart is touched by this post, to the point that I really can't put my thoughts into words here.

I see you in that car. It looks good on you.

Kathryn said...

I think as others have said that there's something about this time of year although I don't get sadness from the image . . . more hope. I've always been fascinated with raindrops on windows and would spend hours watching them as a kid, especially watching the trails they would make when it was raining. Like they would suddenly arc around some invisible bend that I could never quite see. Good luck with the car, I'll be sending good vibes out there for you.

Leanne Barnett said...

What a thoughtful post, I love blurry raindroppy images & this is cool, especially with the heart.
Hope all goes well with your Subaru purchase- fingers crossed for you.

Brenda said...

Yes, I do see the heart in your raindrop image. You know - sometimes life is just sad and melancholy - certainly, helped along by the onset of winter and shorter days and less golden light. It's tough starting another 365 as we head into winter - harder to keep searching for that daily image. But I know you know that it is worth it in the end - for all the things it teaches us. I like your movement into the abstract - a different way to express your creativity. And yes, I am visualizing you in that silver Subaru sedan.

Cheryl Flatt said...

Right now a tropical down pour is sprinkling rain on my shoulder as I type. Your image fits my present. I actually see two hearts in your image. A heat within a heart.. Times of sadness do seem to be necessary. Hoping you will soon be driving that silver Subaru soon!

Sandra said...

Yes, when I pull back, I do see a heart with an eye in the right ventricle (left side of image). That's rather fun, isn't it? Someone is watching over you! Very positive, what do you think? And I didn't even call the "happy police"!

Deborah Tisch said...

Sending you those positive vibes, friend! Amazing how our photos come to reflect what is happening inside us...though scary at times.

Also sending you lots love and peace and hoping the sun shines for you soon!

Jamie said...

I think it is nearly impossible not to see a change to the sad in photos as the winter season rolls in, the world around us grows darker, people are out less. etc.

Kind of goes back to that old, for all things in life there is a season....