Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Scavenger Hunt

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  C'mon, you know you want to join in.




Well another week....and that time change thing!  Blech!

Grateful that Sandy did not make her ugliness known here in Maine too much.  An extra lot of branches in the yard, but aside from that feeling very lucky here.  Hope if you weren't as lucky, that things are beginning to come around for you.

I found this week pretty challenging and my pictures seem rather drab and blah.  Can I get a witness or am I standing alone on this feeling?



Drift By My Window 56/365
Drift By My Window BW 56/365

Wild:  Obviously the winds were wild this past week on the East Coast.  As they started to blow, I went out and tried to capture falling leaves.  Not as easy as I thought it might be.


Joanne BW 57/365
Joanne BW 57/365

Welcome:  Conducting...with a gesture of welcome.

This week, even with the craziness of Sandy, the Cuban National Choir came to Portsmouth NH and performed.  Rather an amazing feat for them to be able to do so....and so wonderful to see some friends that were made during the trip to Cuba this past summer.  It feels so enlightening to have created this relationship with people from a country that has such tense relations with the US.  Seems like change is happening, one step at a time.

Cuban Chorus
Cuban Chorus


Cycle 56/365
Cycle 56/365

Adventure:  About 5 months back I started taking spinning classes.  1 hour of the wheel going round and round while I get an "ass kicking".  For me, that's an adventure every time.  And to think I pay for that.  What am I thinking?

Kicking Up Leaves 55/365
Kicking Up Leaves 55/365

Vibrant:  I tried to make leaves seem vibrant.  Once they're on the ground....I think the vibrancy is pretty much gone.  A little girl watched me kicking leaves along the side of the road. She stopped and looked at me.  I said "you think I'm crazy don't you?"....then she offered to throw some leaves in the air to help me out.  Cute.

Green Glow
Green Glow

Black and White
Black and White

Classic:  A little dip into the Cuba archives.  Definitely a couple of classics.


Thanks for taking a look at my blah set today. Thank goodness for that green car to spice things up a bit.

I'd like to brag that I'm 60 +/- days into my 365 without a miss yet, but there's been some serious scrambling to keep it going. 
2 months in, 10 months to go.  Yikes.
Have a great weekend.  I'm off to rake leaves.

15 comments:

martinealison said...

Les feuilles mortes se ramassent à la pelle !...
Gros bisous

Deanna said...

How nice that you were able to enjoy friends made during your trip to Cuba. Loved your welcome shot, the perspective is wonderful. And great green car!!

Carol Blackburn said...

Hey Susan, nice shots as usual. Hope your weekend is going well.

Nicki said...

I don't think your photos are blah at all and rather enjoyed your interpretations of this week's words. I didn't struggle with this week's set - but boy have I with others, so I can completely relate. so that would be an Amen Sista in general.

Tamar SB said...

These are wonderful! Love the spinning bikes, I hear the spinning class each AM at the gym but never think to try it! Love those classic cars, too!

Kathy said...

Spinning...I curse it, I love it. Such a conundrum :). So glad Sandy's wrath didn't reach you. Love that shot of the leaves falling in silhouette. Gorgeous.

Stephanie said...

Your idea of blah is actually very artistic. The lack of color in the first shot makes for a great picture. The green car gave a nice shot of color. Spinning....good for you....just thinking about it is as far as I go.

Ms. Becky said...

ha! I raked leave today too - but it was the THIRD time. I rake them into the street, they blow back in my yard. gosh darn it. nice of the girl to help you out. I really like the first shot, and the second one too. that's really fine. I admire you for sticking with the spinning. the folks in my yoga class are trying to lure me into the spinning room after our yoga class and so far I've managed to escape. I do know the day will come though...
happy week to you my friend. (glad you escaped Sandy).

Saun said...

Nice set love the B/W classic

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

It's not blah to me. I love the story about the little girl throwing leaves up for you.

The backstory on the welcome photo is very interesting.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

It's been one of those weeks, thankfully, it's over. The yellow of the cycles pops nicely too. I do not recognize the green car, but it looks cool.

I took a bunch of destruction photos, but I'm not sure if I'm going to post them - who needs more gloom and doom?

Brenda said...

Oh, you should definitely give yourself much more credit. I would never describe your images as "blah". In fact, I really, really like your silhouetted leaves against that white sky - while the autumn colors tend to get all the glory, your image definitely captures the textures and shapes and feeling of fall. And that "Green Glow" image - quite gorgeous. I'm glad you made it safely through the attack of Sandy. Have a great week, my friend!

Ross said...

Some really great shots! I'm glad that Sandy didn't affect you to much in the Maine area! Hope you had a great weekend and I hope your week is great!

Norma Ruttan said...

love the vibrancy of the green auto! I never find your pics blah. I keep thinking I'll do the Scavenger Hunt, but so far... Maybe I need a boot kick you know where!
what a helper the little girl was!
spin class? no, thank you

Linda R said...

Once again you have so many wonderful photos. Your editing on the classic cars look amazing...