Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sneaking in the Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday, fondly referred to (at least by me) as SHS.


I hope everyone is having a super fab day today.  I have a bunch of stuff to do, but hope to get an opportunity to relax a bit tomorrow, courtesy of the Veterans....who I give great thanks for their service to country.  Where would we be without them?


On another note.  I am such a dumb ass.  Already completed my Scavenger, beautifully I might add, and when I went to post realized I fulfilled last week's list rather than this week's list.  Doh!  So, hope I can make some of the shots I took work for the RIGHT list.  How numb am I that I didn't notice that the topics seemed awfully familiar?  I guess for me it's not about the topics, it's about the fun.  Either that or it's that whole early on-set Alzheimer's thing kicking in.

So, 2nd try.  I guess I'm having twice as much fun this week.


Fall Trees BW 67/365
Fall Trees BW 67/365

Nature:  Barren tree reflections on Baston Creek.  Light is getting scarce with nature's lights out happening at about 4:30.  Hate that, so got to make it work as early as possible.


Bowl of Berries 64/365
Bowl of Berries 64/365

Vintage/Retro:  I'm not usually a big user of textures, but this image needed some zip so I decided to give one a go.  Thanks Kim Klassen.  The texture made this image.  If you don't know Kim, you should.


Eyelets
Eyelets

Whimsical:  I love these kicks.  I don't know if they seem whimsical to you, but they do to me....and I bought them a couple months back on a "whim".  That makes them whimsical, doesn't it?

Asparagus Omelet
Asparagus Omelet

Cooking:  I started working with a nutritionist a couple weeks back, so I've been more aware and purposeful about my cooking lately.  I'm totally OK with breakfast at breakfast and then a different breakfast at dinner from time to time....this was dinner.  Ham, asparagus, English muffin, peanut butter.  Yum.

Old Hayer
Old Hayer

Week's Best:  Finding this old hayer in a field was super inspirational to me.  All of a sudden I was making some shots I really liked.  Glad there's a reason to share my week's best.

This one is a close second, or maybe it's the best.  All in taste I suppose.

Field and Farm 62/365
Field and Farm 62/365


Well, I enjoyed my 2nd time thru the Scavenger as much as the first one.  I'll be more mindful next week.  Yikes.  Have a great day-and I appreciate you stopping by.


14 comments:

Tamar SB said...

You done good!! I love my chucks and now realize I love the whimsy of the eyelets! Have a nice day off tomorrow and enjoy that omelet!

Savannah McQueen said...

That last Field and Farm is awesome!

Megan Bailey said...

I love your weeks best photos! Great sun flare too!

Brenda said...

It doesn't much matter to me whether you shoot for this week or last week's prompts - I just enjoy seeing your images. I would have to agree that stumbling across that old hayer was definitely a happy event. I love the first one - with the repeated circular pattern and then that brilliant sun flare, perfectly placed. And the wonderfully abstract nature of "Fall Trees" - hard to know where the trees and their reflections begin and end. Your texture experiment was a grand success. Another great set!

Barb said...

I've been fooling with textures, too, something I've never done before. It's fun! I like yours very much. I also love the old farm equipment photos - nostalgic. Red is my favorite color - those sneaks speak to me!

Nicki said...

I am hard put to pick a favorite. The moodiness of your Fall Trees in b/w is brilliant. The texturing applied to the strawberries - perfect. Asparagus Omelet - seriously, yum! and your favorites - that sunflare in #1 and the DOF in #2 - wow! oh, and Chucks are always a good thing.

Stephanie said...

So many of your photos would fit in the "Best" category but that hayer shot is way on the top of the list. As the instructor in my recent class would say - that photo evokes the Ahhhhhhhhhh reaction. I think it is that glimmer of light that does it. Super job.

Cathy H. said...

You did very well fulfilling the prompts!! I love the last two! You captured these scenes with the most amazing POV!! That last one with the house in the background is PERFECT!!!

Kimberly said...

Love your set! That first shot is amazing! And your week's best shot is fabulous too! And I agree that Kim Klassen's textures are wonderful!

Linda R said...

Another great set this week. Taking photos from last weeks prompts sounds like something I would do.

Love the whimsical Converse. I have a couple of pair of them myself..

Anita Johnson said...

I love the repeat pictures, guess I am not the only one that has moments like these! And yes, I plan on having a super fab day! Hope you do too!

Norma Ruttan said...

love that sun flare, it's my fave!
your meal...my favorite foods in that one, especially peanut butter and English muffin!

Ms. Becky said...

I really really enjoyed your SH this week. each photo was better than the last as I scrolled down. and there's something I love about each one. I'm jellyass over those tangerine kicks. hope you're having an excellent week. catch your breath - and happy evening to you.

seabluelee said...

LOVE that old hayer, as you know! That last shot takes me back. Such a beautiful place. Btw, if you cooked that omelet yourself, I'm very impressed. Who needs Cole Road Cafe?