Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday means Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Dew drop in.  (Can you believe some people actually name their little motels that?) or is that just a Maine thing?



My spell check is kind of on the fritz.  Jus' sayin'. 
I htink I gut tham all, but yo knew how it gose.  : )



Tasting a Broken Heart
Tasting a Broken Heart

Vision:  I was all set for this prompt with a photo I didn't care much for but fit.  Then yesterday while driving, late day the sun was nearly blinding-why I thought I might take a photo of that?  Who the hell knows, but I like the outcome.  So blocking my vision in this case.

Summer's Skletons
Summer's Skeletons

Strong:  What is it about these seemingly dainty Queen Anne's Lace plants that makes them endure?  Perhaps there's a message for women hidden in there?  These are even post Sandy.


Computer Logic
Computer Logic

Buttons:  You know when you have a mediocre picture and you try to make it better and spend way too long doing so, so you have to go with it anyway?  Yup.  I do like the quote.


Suddenly I See
Suddenly I See

Map:  When I read this prompt last week I couldn't get KT Tunstall's song Suddenly I See out of my head.  I knew I had to do this image.  Not optional.  It is an image of me from earlier this year, but the process is brand new.
"Her face is a map of the world, is a map of the world."  Now it's in your head too. 


Pears at the Market
Pears at the Market

Favorite Fruit:  OK, not my favorite fruit.  I'm not big on fruit, and pears are not on the "OK I'll eat one because I can eek through it" list.  I bet they are somebody's fave though.  That covers me.


I feel like I'm offering up a quirky set this week.  Oh well, I'm going to own my quirkiness, at least for today.  I hope you are having a great day and if celebrating, a warm and blessed Thanksgiving.

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

I guess I'm the someone who loves pears. Your skeleton photo wins for this week although your map is pretty terrific too.

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Susan, summer skeletons is my favorite of this batch however your map of the world is quite different, I must say. Hmmm.
I've been seeing so many pears of these blogs lately that subconsciously I bought some yesterday at the supermarket. Brainwashed by blogs......now that's something we didn't think of. I hope your weekend has been special.

Nicki said...

Excellent set - incredible bokeh, fantastic capture of the resilient flowers to the mapped face - wow!

Tamar SB said...

Love these, Susan! I was driving home from New Haven yesterday and the sun was blinding me in my rear and side vier mirrors - I so relate! Have a great week!

Kathryn said...

Love Summers Skeletons and Suddenly I See . . . the map on your face is very cool.

Kathy said...

Hello my friend :). What a creative self-portrait. Personally, I don't care for lines on MY face, haha. But I have to tell ya, your first shot for "vision" just totally speaks to my heart. I am totally drawn to it. It certainly carries a message to me. Thank you :)

acornmanphotography said...

Love your effect for Maps! And yes, thank you very much, KT Tunstall is now stuck in my head.

No Greater Love said...

Oh my goodness, that map picture was incredible. Love it. And I really love the contrast in your pear picture. Beautiful.

Brooke said...

These are all stunning, Susan! I am just now sitting down with my coffee and looking through all the hunts.... I am WAYYY behind! I love your blinded by the light picture (now you're going to have THAT song stuck in your head!) And your face map - BRILLIANT!!!! Good stuff as always ;D

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

'Suddenly' is pretty awesome! I've been wanting to learn layering, but I need some motivation.

Verna Lantz said...

Oooh, I really like "map". Very creative. Great job!

Brenda said...

Yes, that song is now stuck in my head - thanks for that! Although, that is a great composite so I guess I'll forgive you. Love the strength and persistence illustrated by "Summer's Skeletons" - beautifully silhouetted against the blue sky and sea. You always come up with great sets!

Anita Johnson said...

The summer skeletons caught my eye too! Love the analogy. Happy Thanksgiving!

Justine said...

I love those first two shots, beautiful light

seabluelee said...

The first two are my favorites, too. Love them both! And btw...when are your sets NOT quirky? I must have missed those. :-)

Norma Ruttan said...

how did you do the map on your face? that is definitely my fave for Nov. 18th images!