Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  C'mon over.




Hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had a nice one.  We had great weather and good food-and the niece and the nephew didn't melt down at dinner or need naps.  That's a great day.  This year I think I was most thankful for the new (lightly used) car sitting in my garage.  A couple weeks back I'd asked for positive thoughts to be sent my way and they must have worked.  Thanks to you, it happened.  My old car with 200,000 miles on it is going to the 19 yr old kid next door.  We're both happy.


On to scavenging.



Old Door Textured
Old Door

Home or Thankful:  This isn't my home, but it is close to my home and it is some one's home.  I think I've walked past this a million times and never before noted the gorgeous door knob-but I'm thankful I did.  I used a new Kim Klassen texture called Cherish to warm it up.

Celery
Celery

In the Kitchen:  My uncle says it's not Thanksgiving without the celery.  Huh?  I'm good with passing on the crunch, but I guess it means a lot to him.  Perhaps it's just his way to joke around with his niece.  I'll have to try that on my niece.

They're Not Socks,They're Tights 80/365
"They're Not Socks, They're Tights!" 80/365

Couple:  Speaking of my niece these are a pair of her 4 year old feet.  She did correct me quite quickly when I misspoke about her socks.  "They're tights because they have pants attached".  Oh.  Hmmmm.

The Season BW
The Season BW

Bubbles:  "Those aren't bubbles, that's bokeh"....guessing what she might say 10 years from now.  Stretching on the bubbles, but it's working for me.

Waiting On Spring
Waiting On Spring

Trees:  Way out there, do you see them?  Any day like this where there's sun and warmth it's a blessing.  It is getting dark really early.  Hate it-a lot.  Have to go out around 3:15 to get reasonable light.  Hello?  Like; I'm working.  This just ain't nat'rul.


And that's another SHS wrapped up and ready to go.  Can't wait to check out some other sets.  I think there was great opportunity for creativity with the prompts this week.

19 comments:

Kathy said...

A very happy (albeit belated) Thanksgiving wish to you my friend! WOWZERS...those last two shots blow my socks/tights off! Totally lovin' the b/w bokeh on the one...and that last one....makes me feel as if I'm laying in the grass looking up at the skies and deciphering the shapes the clouds are forming. Totally waiting on spring too :(

Tamar SB said...

So glad you had a lovely holiday! Love that light bokeh! Gorgeous!!! Enjoy the new to you car!

Stephanie said...

What's with the celery? My husband requires it at holiday dinners too. There's so many better things - like pie. Love your bokeh and your waiting for spring shot.

Deanna said...

I love your shots this week...that door knob is a wonderful find, and love that your niece knew exactly what she was wearing...giggle. Celery was a mainstay on Thanksgiving in our house too when I was a kid. Lovin' that Christmas bokeh and that down-lo shot is great!!

acornmanphotography said...

Great photos! I love old doors and door knobs. And I love the bokeh. Christmas bokeh is my favorite!

Patrice said...

Love those Bokeh Bubbles, Susan!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

It's fun time with the lights, for sure :-)

That door knob (and door) has amazing detail and post-processing makes it really shine, good eye!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Love those last two shots. Have a wonderful week

Cathy H. said...

I honestly can't pick a favorite. The doorknob, oh I love the doorknob!! Those cute pink "tights" - how adorable and I love the light and bokeh shots!! Truly wonderful set!!

Nicki said...

what a glorious door knob and your bokeh for bubbles works perfectly well for me. Enjoyed your entire set, thanks!

Leanne Barnett said...

Lovely set, beautiful door knob & that bubbly bokeh is so pretty!

melissaroseblog.com said...

These are very fun! I love the sock...or tights shot! The door knob pic is gorgeous too!

Kathryn said...

Love the door knob shot, such richness and depth to it. Your neice cracks me up, love it.

Norma Ruttan said...

as I scrolled your photos down the screen, I'd think, "this one is my favorite" on down to the last! so...one of my faves is the bubble lights, oop, bokeh lights! each is a favorite in a category, my own category

Linda R said...

Lots of great shots this week. Love those bubbles. And the door knob looks so cool. What a great shot.

Brenda said...

Don't you love it when you see something brand new in a familiar place - like your gorgeous doorknob? I am always so grateful when that happens - that there is still so much to discover, just waiting for me. Lovely BW bubbles, I mean bokeh - yea, it works for me too.

Deborah Tisch said...

Love that door! But I also love the other images, too. Hope your holiday was a good one. Spring will be here soon, so hang in there. :-)

Justine said...

gorgeous gorgeous photos!

Ross said...

Great photos! Glad that you had a great holiday. Hope that the rest of your week is great as well.