Pages

Followers

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Third Thursday

Linking with Brenda for 3rd Thursday.



I promised myself I'd remember to do 3rd Thursday this month.  Promised.  It's a miracle I'm doing it.  This week already I've forgotten 2 things-meetings-I was supposed to attend.  Whoops.  I must have too damn much on my mind.

Anywho....I've remembered this and am joining for the first time.  If I "get" it, the idea is to try something that isn't your normal kind of stuff.  Feeling not too normal 98% of the time, that left a lot of possibilities for me, but here's what I'm going with.



Old Gnarly Tree
Old Gnarly Tree

Used a processing on this I normally don't reach for, and thought looking up rather than down or eye level served me well.  Embracing barren as having its own beauty; mostly because that's where the sun was shining.

Glad I made it in to link with Brenda today.  I shall mark my December calendar now so I won't be inclined to miss next month.  Thank you hostess.




9 comments:

Kathryn said...

You know I love nature and trees so I was excited when I saw this image. It's gorgeous and I feel like I want to lose myself in it.

Brenda said...

Oh, Susan - SO glad to have you aboard the TTC train! And you get the prize for being first in line! Well, there really is no prize, per se, except for the knowledge that you are the first submission. YEA for you!

I LOVE the results of your experiment! This looking up served you well and the lighting on those gnarly branches is quite extraordinary. The combination of textures - tree bark, bare tree limbs, cloudy sky - together create a beautifully layered composition. Well done, my friend!

And now that you have it marked on your calendar, I have to tell you that we will be taking off the month of December - the third Thursday falls too close to the holidays and I figured everyone would be too busy to participate. But keep thinking ahead to January!

Thanks SO much for joining in!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I like this!! The lighting on the tree is delicious and the contrast between the branches and blue sky/puffy clouds is pretty cool.

Leanne Barnett said...

I love this looking up perspective & those clouds are really cool.

seabluelee said...

Susan, this is a picture I would have taken. I LOVE bare trees against the sky - in fact I have a series of them. I love the light and the clouds in this one.

Becky said...

Love this perspective!! One (of many things) think I appreciate having the leaves gone is seeing the details of the trees

Ross said...

What a great shot! This really is a standout shot! What I really like is how well you composed it. I really like how you got that sense of hight in the shot!

Cathy H. said...

This is a beautiful shot! I love the look up through the bare tree at the beautiful sky!

Wanda said...

The warm light on this naked tree is truly special!