Pages

Followers

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.




I'm delighted that we are enjoying warm weather for the most part so far this late fall.  Saves my sanity some.  I hope I didn't just jinx myself.  Sunset tonight 4:08.  That just ain't nat'rul.  Honestly.  Hard to find a window to shoot photos, but I did get a chance to get out mid day a couple times this past week.  Soldier on.


Four Pins 96/365
Four Pins 96/365

Season:  I suppose this was to be holiday related.  Oh well, I'm off beat.
Saw this little summer style clothes line at a beach house all closed up for the season.  Reminded me that in summer the pins would hold swimsuits and towels that blow in the warm breeze.

Pan Am
Pan Am

Colorful:  As I was finishing up with the clothespins, I heard the train whistle.  Ran down and across the street just in time to grab a box car shot.  If you visit me often, you know I love graffiti.  I really can't explain it-I just do.  So much so I recognize that Raket piece.  I may be getting too involved.

Clear Skies
Clear Skies

Weather:  My kind of day!  I don't do a lot of selective color, but it seems to work here.

Small w/Texture 98/365
Small 98/365

Silhouette:  Not every day has been sunny skies.  This one I added a Kim Klassen texture to.

Poor Tula 97/365
Poor Tula 97/365

Calm:  Trying to keep Tula quiet and calm.  Another surgery-she already had one in July.  Something went wrong with a plate and it had to be removed.  This girl has been thru a lot.  I'm hoping this will finally get her fully mobile again.  She totally deserves it.

Still
Still

Here's a prettier view of calm.  Caught the last peeks of sun before it dipped below the tree line.



And that's the SHS completed for another week.  I enjoyed this group of items.  Lots of ways to interpret them.  Happy weekend to you.









13 comments:

Savannah @ HammockTracks said...

I love your graffiti shot. I, too, am a fan of this art. Thanks for your sweet words.

Tamar SB said...

That Pan Am box car is awesome! Poor Tula! Hope she feels better soon!

seabluelee said...

Susan, I LOVE the clothespins image. And I appreciate that you did something different from the expected holiday shot. Clear Skies brought tears to my eyes. I must be missing my beach. That image would have worked just as well for "calm." I'm sending healing thoughts for Tula and hope she'll soon be back on the beach, too.

Nicki said...

I am totally down with your interpretation of 'season' and your capture of the train box car is magnificent as is your use of selective color on the beach scene.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Graffiti on train cars really rocks. The show changes frequently!! I've never see a Pan Am box car, pretty cool.

You should try selective color more, you done good and it's a lot of fun.

Linda R said...

I always enjoy popping in to see what you have found on your hunt.. Poor Tula.. That does not look fun at all. I LOVE you silhouette photo. I am a sucker for those close up shots..

Hugs~

Rainey said...

Poor puppy! I hope she feels better soon and this is the last surgery she'll have to go through.

Love your silhouette photo!

lessandragr said...

Happy scavenger! It feels like you really did going SHing for your pixs - and you got some good ones! Especially like the POV of boardwalk to beach.

Anita Johnson said...

Hoping Tula recovers quickly!

Kathryn said...

Poor Tula, she really has been through a lot. I feel like I want to give her a big old hug, and you get one too. :0) Love the pegs and the play of light and dark.

Brenda said...

The sun sets at 4:08? No wonder you have a hard time with winter. Soon the days will start getting longer - even if it is only minute by minute. Love your set as always. My favorite is the lonely clothespins - and their accompanying shadows. A wonderfully simple but profound image with a strong emotional component.

Norma Ruttan said...

I like the looks of graffiti, but I get frustrated trying to read it on a moving train. like the clothes pin image, I miss being able to hang out laundry; it's not allowed in my mobile home park. drat!
superb job on silhouette
poor Tula is right; I too hope this will be the last of her surgeries. she's so sweet looking!

Stephanie said...

You never run out of good ideas for your prompts. The clothespins are super. Hope the pup is on the mend.