Pages

Followers

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Sunday Scavenger

Here we are again...linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Booyah!!




Cutting right to the chase.  Really it's best.  I ramble on about nothing in particular, so....this is a blessing.  Trust me.




Lonely Friday Night BW 103/365
Lonely Friday Night BW 103/365

Sparkly:  So not what anyone else will think of as sparkly-but, that's me.  Beating my own drum, marching away.  Weel, the lights are sparkly in the night, there is a Christmas tree in the far right window and a couple sitting in window # 2.  I found this scene rich, but was limited in what I was able to capture.  I do like what's here though.  Kind of film noir.


Late Day at the Salon
Late Day at the Salon

Door:  It's so freakin' dark.  Geeeez.  Caught a view through a door of a woman getting her hair done.  Really, you gotta just get what you can get.  How long until Daylight Savings?


In the Corner
In the Corner

Decorate:  Going for a natural organic type decoration this week.


Holiday Decor
Holiday Decor

Stripes:  This image fits this topic or any of those above.  It is sparkly, on a door; it's been used to decorate, and I see some stripes in that pretty bow.


Nap Time
Nap Time

A Few Favorite Things:  Well napping, my comfy couch, and my cat-Princess P. 

I've been spending so much time tending to my dog that the little miss is a smidge jealous or on the needy side, or perhaps it's just all about her-and apparently it is judging by the look on her face.
It is not about me at all, is it?  How did my 7 lbs of fur and purr get to be in charge?

Thank you for all your kind wishes for Tula last week.  She is coming around.  Only one more week must she wear the lampshade/cone of shame before stitches come out.  Appreciate all the positive vibes that came from my peeps in bloggerland.

Kitchen Help
Kitchen Help

As you can see, she feels well enough to return to her kitchen chores.


I, like many others, have been sending healing warm thoughts and energy to Sandy Hook and it's residents-those directly affected and those indirectly affected.  So much senseless loss, heartache, trauma.  All one can do is keep believing in good.

Hope you have a great weekend and let's all stay safe and remember in the hubbub of the next couple weeks, what it is that's really important.

17 comments:

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Love it!!! The stripes....what a great photo, almost camouflaged stripes. Well not really, but I was ooooohin' and ahhhhhin' about the cat. I love cats.

And your kitchen help...gotta love that too.

Oh and the decorate...what a great work of holiday ambiance.

Hope you can find time today to stop by and view my very 1st Scavenger Hunt.

Tamar SB said...

You beat me to posting this week! Love that bow - great pov on it! Our dogs used to lick to dishes in the washer all the time!

Nicki said...

That nap time is a great choice for 'favorite things' - I rarely lay down for a nap, but when I do, it is like the best thing ever. Kitty accessory is an extra bonus.

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Nice set. Love the cobweb, and your interpretations of the prompts

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love this post. The first "noir" BW scene is wonderful.

I also like you stealing the shot of the woman getting her hair done. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only doing stuff like that.

Your ribbon is wonderful.

I got a 23 pound main coon that just smothers me when I try and take a nap. I put up with it. Nothing like a deeply purring cat to help a nap along.

Stephanie said...

Love the film noir - gotta give that a try. Tula looks great - so glad she's on the mend.

No Greater Love said...

I love your sparkly photo.... :) And your dog is sooo cute. My dog LOVES licking the plates in the dishwasher...I'll have to remember that line about it being her kitchen chore the next time my husband gets grossed out by it. :) BEAUTIFUL spiderweb photo...You take amazing shots!!!

Oh...and yes, my dog got TONS o' graham crackers for letting me take the Christmas picture of her. She is spoiled to the hilt. :)

Carol Blackburn said...

All wonderful shots Susan, the first looks like a scene from a "B" movie (I'm expecting to see zombies coming around the car at any moment), the ribbon shot that fits them all is brilliant, and isn't Tula sweet, helping you like that :) Hope you had a good nap (and don't cough up a hairball later on from breathing in all of the Princess' loose fur) hey, it could happen! Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas.

Patrice said...

Great shots, Susan - love Sparkly!

Kay L. Davies said...

Hi Susan — Long time no comment. My fault. Sorry 'bout that, I've been unwell.
Love your blog today.
When Lindy started licking plates in the dishwasher, I stopped her. It never occurred to me it might be helpful.
Your first shot reminds me of the Edward Hopper painting Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
I'm glad Tula is doing well, and you've found time for Princess P also. Cats always think they're the boss. When I had two cats and a dog, the older cat was the alpha dog. Really.
K


Brenda said...

Ooooh - that first BW is really quite fantastic - and yes, I could see it on the movie poster for the latest film noir. You have definitely captured a sense of desolation and loneliness. Beautifully done!

Life with Kaishon said...

Napping is such a great happy thing! : ) LOVE that. Also love your doggy doing the dishes for you. I haven't been here in a while and I am so happy to visit with you today. It made my day to be here! Wishing you the happiest of holiday seasons. Love, Becky

Deborah Tisch said...

I always enjoy your SHS images! Glad to know that the dog is doing better, that your dishes are now getting even cleaner!

Cathy H. said...

I'm so glad you march to a different drummer!! Because, I love to come and see your interpretations! Always fresh, always intriquing, always beautiful!! I love that first shot!!

Kathryn said...

Love the pics of you and your animals. Tula looks as helpful as Ravyn is in the kitchen!

Mira Crisp said...

Oh, no! What's wrong with Tula's leg? Poor girl! I haven't been around in the blogging world either as the life in my neck of the woods have been quite busy. It's always nice to see familiar (blogger) faces though! Thanks for visiting!

Ms. Becky said...

my faves are the critter shots - precious. But...for my love of atmospheric photos - the first is a knock-out. I've had the lights on my tree for a week, but never got around to putting any ornaments on it. I'm sort of liking it that way. Less work putting it all away too. Glad Tula's recovery is almost over. Those lampshade thingies always make me laugh. My dog never kept them on. Princess P is so adorable - she's a camera ham after all. wishing you a happy holiday season and a healthful new year. take care my friend.